Great captaincy by Dhoniconda yesterday :cheer:

Some highlights:

- Bravo didn't bat

- Massive respect shown to part timer Abhishek Sharma - 4 runs per over

- Sam Curran with 300 strike rate played just 5 balls :hatsoff:

- Persisting with Watson after multiple failures

- Above all throwing Raina under the bus for asking a room with a view :bow:

14 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

DK needs to step down now, Morgan should be captain. Tripathi or Morgan coming in earlier could've won KKR the match. Narine is stale as an opener now. He also bats himself too high it looks like. 

Agree that DK should graciously step down b4 being booted out. Baz is no nonsense leader and Morgs is his mate.

Gill, Tripath (i know its one game but Naraynan had lot of chances), Rana, Morgs, Russ (can go b4 Russ), then tail starting with dK

On 10/3/2020 at 2:29 PM, ipl is fun said:

Agree that DK should graciously step down b4 being booted out. Baz is no nonsense leader and Morgs is his mate.

Gill, Tripath (i know its one game but Naraynan had lot of chances), Rana, Morgs, Russ (can go b4 Russ), then tail starting with dK

I am just assuming that DK will have to step down as I don't think captains usually lose their title mid-tournament. I am not sure Baz is the boss to make the change. Ownership will likely need to get involved for captaincy to change after only 4-5 games IMO. 

IIRC, the only one I can remember is when Dhawan handed over SRH captaincy to Warner because it was affecting his own batting. (Not that he is a world beater in T20s anyway). 

It's not just Karthik Somebody should smack Dre Russ on his head and tell him not to bat like John Wick when promoted. He's been doing this for sometime. He wanted to get on top off rashid khan in the 2018 semis and got out. In the match against DC, he just smashed a 6 and a 4 off rabada and tried another rash shot and endup gettiing caught before what in the 10th over??.

If he had just played the long & smart game KKR could have won this easily. There were always other bowlers to hit off other than Rabada but he just had to keep on hitting. Team above individuals.

On 9/24/2020 at 11:53 AM, speedheat said:

He should. They have Morgan a worldcup winning loi captain still they are sticking with dk :facepalm: he should hand over captaincy to morgon. Dk is a nice bloke he evn handed over his wife, captaincy is nothing.

Thank you DK :yay:

5 minutes ago, R.D forever said:

Unfair. His captaincy was good in couple of games and the team is in 4th place. 

The guy is too nice and not a very good marketing material. Makes sense from that angle. He is in vanilla guys category - good  but boring . Same with rahane , pujara, bhuvi , Sundar these guys will never become captains

True man. If he performs Morgan gets credit. If he doesn't, he will face backlash. It's good that he can focus on his batting freely now.

DK seems like a selfless guy. All the criticism he gets for his batting sometimes, he is a fantastic finisher still for any IPL team. Just that he doesn't do ever well when he comes early, whether it was for India or here in IPL.

i hope he clicks and earn his place on merit. Good on him to give up captaincy. Hopefully he can enjoy his batting. 

19 hours ago, R.D forever said:

Unfair. His captaincy was good in couple of games and the team is in 4th place. 

The guy is too nice and not a very good marketing material. Makes sense from that angle. He is in vanilla guys category - good  but boring . Same with rahane , pujara, bhuvi , Sundar these guys will never become captains

Looks like DK decided enough is enough. Who knows what all is going on in the background, last year also there were rumblings with Russell expressing unhappiness over batting position etc. KKR team is decent but has been timid and underwhelming in the batting department. They need a good start in the power play or else they will continue to struggle big time.