[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

Have you ever watched Iranian Films?

I have not followed this thread, and also I have seen very few movies in my life. Still I have to ask this strange question: "Have you ever watched Iranian Films"?

I was astonished when I found that movies experts was saying that Iranian films are hidden treasure. It was difficult for me to believe it. Any how, yesterday I watched my first Iranian film "The children of heaven" (Aasmani Bachay in Hindi). 

It was so touching story and so much different than Hollywood/Bollywood. 

It was little bit in the direction of "Taray Zameen Par", but still different. No wonder that this film got so many International awards. 

I could only rate it 10/10, just like all other 100s of people, who rated it 10/10 at IMBD). Here is a link to the comments/rating of people at IMDB.  But don't read the comments first, as they have written the whole story of this film. Please watch it first, and only then read the comments. 

If you want to watch it in Hindi, then these are the links:

Part 1: 

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3szaju

Part 2: 

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3sz314

I have not followed this thread, and also I have seen very few movies in my life. Still I have to ask this strange question: "Have you ever watched Iranian Films"?

I was astonished when I found that movies experts was saying that Iranian films are hidden treasure. It was difficult for me to believe it. Any how, yesterday I watched my first Iranian film "The children of heaven" (Aasmani Bachay in Hindi). 

It was little bit in the direction of "Taray Zameen Par", but still different. No wonder that this film got so many International awards. 

I could only rate it 10/10, just like all other 100s of people, who rated it 10/10 at IMBD). Here is a link to the comments/rating of people at IMDB.  But don't read the comments first, as they have written the whole story of this film. Please watch it first, and only then read the comments. 

Part 1: 

Part 2: 

Why are you shocked?! Some of the greatest recent movies are Iranian. Go & check out Asghar Farhdi’s movies. They are Oscar worthy.

Part 1: 

Part 2: 

Why are you shocked?! Some of the greatest recent movies are Iranian. Go & check out Asghar Farhdi’s movies. They are Oscar worthy.

5 hours ago, cric_fan said:

I don't know why I was shocked. 

Perhaps it was difficult for me to understand how could women Iranian women work in films, while it is obligatory for them to take Hijab. 

And bollywood version of film is this that in every film you have a Hero and Heroine who get into love with each other, and it is very difficult to imagine about countries like Iran or Saudi Arabia to show such love of young people in their films. 

In Islamic Republic of Pakistan, perhaps 99% people will not allow their women to work in the film industry. In Dramas perhaps 20% would allow, but rest 80% would not even allow their women to work in the Dramas too. Due to this, the standards of Pakistani films is so low. 

All that had a psychological effect on me, and thus I was not expecting such good films from Iran. 

18 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Have been a big fan of Iranian movies. They are much different from the political image of the country.  His movies portray human emotions at such a bare min level, can’t help but admire. I had seen this movie about 15 years ago when they showed it at my workplace, as part of diversity training. Remember those days, anybody?

Edited by coffee_rules

7 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

A Clockwork Orange.

An absolute classic @Real McCoy just can't get enough of. He has it on repeat. 

Hey moron would you stop trollvoting me on every thread. What is the matter. Have no life? No mountain expeditions to do? Do you even work? I can play this game too and so can @coffee_rules and @Laaloo The end for marxist scum like you is coming and pay attention it may be sooner than you think :hitler:

Since the movies thread is locked...

Could you guys recommend some nice Hindi thrillers (crime, mystery, psychological, supernatural)? @Ankit_sharma03 @Jimmy Cliff @coffee_rules

For reference I watched and enjoyed:

Kahaani

Detective Byomkesh Bakshy

Ugly

Talvar

Wednesday

NH10

Andhadhun

Edited by Gollum

20 hours ago, Gollum said:

Since the movies thread is locked...

Could you guys recommend some nice Hindi thrillers (crime, mystery, psychological, supernatural)? @Ankit_sharma03 @Jimmy Cliff @coffee_rules

For reference I watched and enjoyed:

Kahaani

Detective Byomkesh Bakshy

Ugly

Talvar

Wednesday

NH10

hindi films have been bad when it comes to thriller

• apart from this i can remeber dev anand jewel thief 
  • Samay of sushmita sen was very very underrated 
  • kaun RGV hidden gem 
  • Raghavan has made some good - johnny gadar, ek hasina thi , badlapur 

fck all this watch deathnote on youtube ull have brain explosion every 5 min

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

hindi films have been bad when it comes to thriller

• apart from this i can remeber dev anand guide 
  • Samay of sushmita sen was very very underrated 
  • kaun RGV hidden gem 
  • Raghavan has made some good - johnny gadar, ek hasina thi , badlapur 

fck all this watch deathnote on youtube ull have brain explosion every 5 min

Thanks. Will check RGV's Kaun and Raghavan's other movies.

Already watched Death Note multiple times bhai. 

Edited by Gollum