[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

On 5/18/2022 at 8:01 AM, kepler37b said:

This is a promising trailer. Lokesh Kanakaraj and Karthik Subbaraju are the future of Tamil film industry.

Some how I feel that this will be inspired by "The Departed" or resemble it's story line. Vijay Setupathi =  Jack Nicholson. Fahad faazil = Lionardo Decaprio. 

Lokesh said that one of his favorite movies is Departed. 

19 hours ago, kepler37b said:

SSR's movies are a bit OTT from start to end. But he weaves an emotional arc and most people do not feel that "kuch bhi!!?".   Our generation really really loved his works.

But, I have a strong feeling that the new generation is NOT so taken into his emotional ride. SSR needs to change or he risks becoming irrelevant. 

For example, look at this sequence:-

Emotionally loaded scenes like these convince an oldie like me to ignore all the OTT stuff. 

i hve loved SSR movies but this was toooooooooooooo much . This works in baahubali where u have the tone from start but wont work else where u change it all of sudden .

ohh gawd who wrote that tweet- acting..........hahaha . At best below avg acting by all but seems great for ram charan n Jr NTR who have one of the most terrible actors forver 

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i hve loved SSR movies but this was toooooooooooooo much . This works in baahubali where u have the tone from start but wont work else where u change it all of sudden .

ohh gawd who wrote that tweet- acting..........hahaha . At best below avg acting by all but seems great for ram charan n Jr NTR who have one of the most terrible actors forver 

NTRJr is one of the best actors in South India. If you compare to level of Daniel Day lewis, Tom hanks of course there is NO comparision.

On Sat May 21 2022 at 9:54 AM, nevada said:

Finished binge watching all 4 seasons of Banshee. Season 4 was a drag. I feel they should have wound up the show after season 2 itself. 

First 2 seasons were top notch literally.  Underrated gem. 

Do watch Justified as well if you can. 

Ram Charan was decent...  That Ajay Devgun cameo looked more realistic than whole movie.  He probably was best actor in the whole cast. 

1st scene when 1 guy beating down whole bunch of crowd was complete LoL.  I was like WTF. 

Although movie does captures the emotional idea behind the movie very well.  Connect is there. Cinematography was very good as usual for SSR. 

49 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Ram Charan was decent...  That Ajay Devgun cameo looked more realistic than whole movie.  He probably was best actor in the whole cast. 

1st scene when 1 guy beating down whole bunch of crowd was complete LoL.  I was like WTF. 

Although movie does captures the emotional idea behind the movie very well.  Connect is there. Cinematography was very good as usual for SSR. 

both were ok but calling them as liftime acting hahaha.

movie worked for me till last 20 min . u shud make it tough for heroes to achieve the goal, instead these guys became baahubalis by the end and destroyed everything within 10 min. Even Baahubali 1st war seq was 30 min or in 2nd part both were equal in clash. This was a clash of numbers with 2 men with superhuman abilities..............if u wanna do that set the tone from start. Even in the starting scene NTR didnt rip apart tiger. they had a close tussle. 

1 hour ago, kepler37b said:

NTRJr is one of the best actors in South India. If you compare to level of Daniel Day lewis, Tom hanks of course there is NO comparision.

1. Fahaad faasil
  2. Mohanlal
  3. Vijay sethupathi
  4. soubin shahir 
  5. Dhanush 
  6. Pasupathy Masilamani
  7. Suriya
  8. Vikram 
  9. nivin pauly 
  10. sudeep
  11. mamooty 
  12. bobby simha

ye hai bhaisahab actor n i missing some gazillion ones . 

Even in mass cinema Allu Arjun has the swagger of star. Mahesh babu, Ram charan, Jr NTR are not . Even prabhaas was soo good in bahubali.

Last someone told me watch Ram charan acting in Rangasathalam and when i saw it ................it was :hysterical:

5 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

This.  Most of the urban yuppie crowd simply cannot connect to our native emotions and customs.  

I would add following

1. Bromance
  2. Songs and Lyrics in Telugu
  3. Jr NTR Performance
  4. Alia bhatt cameo (She delivered her own dialogues in telugu. And she tried to match the stars in the final song)
  5. Vastly improved Ram charan
  6. Performance of child artists (The tribal girl and the younger rama raju)

Of course Ajay rocked in his performance. 

Edited by kepler37b

1. Fahaad faasil
  2. Mohanlal
  3. Vijay sethupathi
  4. soubin shahir 
  5. Dhanush 
  6. Pasupathy Masilamani
  7. Suriya
  8. Vikram 
  9. nivin pauly 
  10. sudeep
  11. mamooty 
  12. bobby simha

ye hai bhaisahab actor n i missing some gazillion ones . 

Even in mass cinema Allu Arjun has the swagger of star. Mahesh babu, Ram charan, Jr NTR are not . Even prabhaas was soo good in bahubali.

Last someone told me watch Ram charan acting in Rangasathalam and when i saw it ................it was :hysterical:

:dontknow:..no telugu actor in your list? why so hate so much :dontknow:

24 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

:dontknow:..no telugu actor in your list? why so hate so much :dontknow:

really ??? u found victim hood in this ...........:facepalm:

allu arjun, prabhas telugu nhin hai kya ?? i said i missed gazillion ones coz its hard to name all...............like i forgot Nani, naveen polishetty 

Hate srsly :hysterical:......................yea they ran away with my biryani so i hate them:giggle:

Hate ...............i cant stop laughing . Damn how cud i love films like Eega, Pushpa, C/o of kancharapalem, brochevarevarura...........made by ppl who ran away with my biryani 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

allu arjun, prabhas telugu nhin hai kya ?? i said i missed gazillion ones coz its hard to name all...............like i forgot Nani, naveen polishetty 

Hate srsly :hysterical:......................yea they ran away with my biryani so i hate them:giggle:

Hate ...............i cant stop laughing . Damn how cud i love films like Eega, Pushpa, C/o of kancharapalem, brochevarevarura...........made by ppl who ran away with my biryani 

ohh i missed advi shesh ........actually not a great actor but damn he writes kickass screenplays 

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Man Man Man.. I was just joking. Every one has their opinion. 

On 5/24/2022 at 9:18 AM, kepler37b said:

Anyone watching the better call saul final season? Till now it has done a fantastic job of building up the tension.

haven't watched the last season. will binge all at once later.

30 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Top Gun, Maverick :thumb:

The quality of Hollywood movies is at another level. The casting, story, the organization in production are all at another level.

BTW, hope you have seen Collateral. In my book, the best work from Tom Cruise.