[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

48 minutes ago, maniac said:

Wrath of a man on Amazon prime *ing Jason Statham.

Loved it.  My kind of movie. Boom, dishkaoon,  crash and a lot of dishoom dishoom :two_thumbs_up:

Old by M.Night.Shyamalan. What kind of c-tiyapa is this :wall:

Sounds good.. Gonna give it a try over the weekend

Watched Major. Its basically a Hollywoodized (or should I say Tollywoodized) version of Sandeep Unnikrishnan's life or the 26/11 attacks. Most of what you see in the movie doesnt seem real in terms of what may have actually happened in his personal life or even the attacks themselves.

But if you watch it as an action movie which is loosely based on Sandeep's life and the 26/11 attacks, then its quite good. If you are looking for a realistic portrayal of his life or the events, then this is not for you. 

June 3rd is an interesting day

Major the Film ----> Suprise success with all 2nd rung stars. Now I am convinced about the depth of telugu movie industry. The surprise package is the BGM .. :bow::bow:. No idea why we make cringe like F3 and SVP and Acharya, when we have the capability to do things like this and at a smaller budget. One thing is clear. Maheshbabu is a better business man than a star. Smart Investment for him I would say. Adivi sesh is amazing. He is very very apt for action films. Our very own john wick or james bond. 

Vikram -----> One of the best mass action movies from Tammies. Fafa rocks, easily dominated the others. But felt the dubbing is below average in Telugu. Please re-dub and re-release :hitler::hitler::hitler:..

Prithviraj ---> Did not see it. So cannot comment. But looks to have underperformed at BO.

FYI, solid regionalist flame wars going on in twitter. Much more entertaining than these movies

Edited by kepler37b

On Fri Jun 03 2022 at 8:56 PM, maniac said:

Loved it.  My kind of movie. Boom, dishkaoon,  crash and a lot of dishoom dishoom :two_thumbs_up:

Loved Post Malone cameo...  Him getting shot was icing on the cake.   Nobody & Wrath of Man were just too good last year. 

On 6/3/2022 at 11:26 AM, maniac said:

Guy Ritchie is all style and crisp editing. Liked his movies most of them. The chapter titles before important scenes is pretty cool

Vikram - watchable but not as great as the reviews  , too much violence .. 

first Tamil movie that I watched with my wife in theatres and she is totally disappointed and told she will never ever listen to my movie suggestions  :((