[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

3 minutes ago, velu said:

Vikram - watchable but not as great as the reviews  , too much violence .. 

first Tamil movie that I watched with my wife in theatres and she is totally disappointed and told she will never ever listen to my movie suggestions  :(( 

That he has to watch all the movies I recommend in the movie hall with me, FDFS was a part of my pre-nup.

:p:

Edited by Mariyam

Watched two movies today

1. Don - Tamil movie dubbed in telugu - Liked it. A masala movie loaded with father sentiment. Good one.

2. Shershah - Very good. No similarity with major.  Surprisingly good performance from Kiara advani. I thought she is one more pretty face with zero talent.

Vikram (in Hindi) 1.5/5

Lots of gore.

Seemed like the director lost interest in the plot after the interval. Lazy attempt at a thriller.

@Ankit_sharma03 weren't you the one who hyped up Fahad Fasil?

He is a hybrid of Nawazuddin and Vidyut Jamwal. He acts like Vidyut and is built like Nawazuddin. At least based on this movie, can't see what the fuss is all about.

That snake tatoo golden teeth guy (Vijay) kept saying he will generate enough revenue from the drug trade to run a parallel government. But he was moving around in a rickshaw without a shirt most of the time? :confused:

In most of the first half, I didn't know who was fighting whom and for what joy.

12 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Vikram (in Hindi) 1.5/5

Lots of gore.

Seemed like the director lost interest in the plot after the interval. Lazy attempt at a thriller.

hyped ??? 

He is the best actor currently in country agreed by all . Guys like Rajkumar rao n vicky kaushal have already said in public that he is the best and they are dying to work with him

Nawaz n Vidyut to matalb kaha se ek sentance men aa agye.

12 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

He is a hybrid of Nawazuddin and Vidyut Jamwal. He acts like Vidyut and is built like Nawazuddin. At least based on this movie, can't see what the fuss is all about.

fahad acts like vidyut................thats it i dnt wanna read further

abhi next kya ?? dont say Sethupathi acts like Tiger shroff 

6 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Vikram (in Hindi) 1.5/5

Lots of gore.

That snake tatoo golden teeth guy (Vijay) kept saying he will generate enough revenue from the drug trade to run a parallel government. But he was moving around in a rickshaw without a shirt most of the time? :confused:

In most of the first half, I didn't know who was fighting whom and for what joy.

Fahad Fasil is a terrific actor, gets into the skin of the character. He is my favorite Malayalam actor. 

I am on a movie watching Binge. Watched 2 more

1. Bob Biswas:- Great writing. But too desolate and dark. 
  2. Attack:- Great Concept + Superb Action Choreography+ Ok acting from John+ Terrible female characters and villian. Overall an average fare. Does not deserve the BO response. Most probably it did not cater to desi emotions. And that is a great failure on part of the writer. 

41 minutes ago, nevada said:

Fahad Fasil is a terrific actor, gets into the skin of the character. He is my favorite Malayalam actor. 

He is an actor that lives in the character. For pushpa he did his own dubbing in telugu. On one end we have "I will make a film in 42 days" people and on another we have maniacs like Fahad.

But his eyes convey limited emotions. He can improve there. His acting really looked out of place in Climax song of Pushpa. 

BTW, i find very very committed actors in Mallu film industry. Dulquer, Fahad, Prithivraj, Biju Menon etc.,. 

21 hours ago, kepler37b said:

He is an actor that lives in the character. For pushpa he did his own dubbing in telugu. On one end we have "I will make a film in 42 days" people and on another we have maniacs like Fahad.

But his eyes convey limited emotions. He can improve there. His acting really looked out of place in Climax song of Pushpa. 

BTW, i find very very committed actors in Mallu film industry. Dulquer, Fahad, Prithivraj, Biju Menon etc.,. 

42 is the answer to everything in the universe. :winky:

I know this post is going to be widely panned on this forum,

Nonetheless I won't let that stop me from stating obvious facts.

I'm comparing Akshay's role in Prithviraj and the super methodical get into the character and whatnot Fahad's role in Vikram.

Akshay was far more convincing as King Prithviraj than Fahad was as Agent Amar of black ops. 

As far as I'm concerned a 55+ yr old Akshay who spends only 42 days on a character on whom there isn't much recorded history can essay his role far better than a 30? something Fahad who spends more time researching a contemporary character.

@Ankit_sharma03 ^ This is for you too.

Can you highlight instances from Vikram where Fahad Fasil's acting is supposed to wow the audience?

40 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

42 is the answer to everything in the universe. :winky:

I know this post is going to be widely panned on this forum,

Nonetheless I won't let that stop me from stating obvious facts.

I'm comparing Akshay's role in Prithviraj and the super methodical get into the character and whatnot Fahad's role in Vikram.

Akshay was far more convincing as King Prithviraj than Fahad was as Agent Amar of black ops. 

i havent seen prithviraj but it was evident from trailer how poor his dialouge deilevery was specially the modulation u need for every character , neither the body language looked good and thats the least u can expect from an avg actor like him. I wont even go on acting through eyes and body 

I hvent seen vikram either neither ones work shud ever be judged by one film. U have to see his filmography to understand how good is he............we think acting is saying dialouges . Great actors can say one page in few lines just with their body language and eyes, Their is enough anaylsis avl on fahaad work 

This very explains what real acting is and this doesnt even cover this moment  in his filmography

fahad-fazhil-trance.gif

Whatever Akshay, Salman , SRK, Ajay does is not even half good acting.

U wanna see how King is played watch Prithviraj Kapoor in Mughal e azam or hrithik roshan was also miles miles ahead of Akshay 

As far as I'm concerned a 55+ yr old Akshay who spends only 42 days on a character on whom there isn't much recorded history can essay his role far better than a 30? something Fahad who spends more time researching a contemporary character.

Not working on craft shows specially someone like Akshay shud actually spend double the time of fahaad coz he doesnt understand the craft neither can he learn his lines 

Thats just lazy whatever he does and from audience as well coz they havent seen the real good stuff so they tend to ignore hard work 

@Ankit_sharma03 ^ This is for you too.

Can you highlight instances from Vikram where Fahad Fasil's acting is supposed to wow the audience?

What is wowing audience ?? And if thats the case. Frankly audience gets wowed by swagger mostly and wagger aint acting 

Read all the reviews Fahad is said to be one one who is the highlight of 1st half and Akshay is mocked for his potrayel .

On Wed Jun 15 2022 at 8:04 AM, nevada said:

Binge watched "Mr In Between" on Hotstar. This is another crime + comedy show which is very gripping and entertaining to watch. It's an Australian show and the accent can be a bit challenging some times, but the sub titles help. 4.5/5 stars 

Indeed both Barry & Mr Inbetween were awesome but I felt mr Inbetween was far more realistic.  One of the best Dark comedies out there. 

There's a prequel movie on this as well The magician...  Might have to torrent that one. 

3 hours ago, kepler37b said:

Brahmastra trailer dropped. It is above expectations.  Ranbir looking energetic.  Nagarjuna looking fabulous.

@Mariyam  @Ankit_sharma03..you folks liked it?

The trailer is a heady concoction of Avenger/Scavenger/DC + mythology+ VFX.

Could be like Ra.One. Its box office run could only be on star powered battery.

However, I will definitely end up watching this. My 7 year old will like this.

In general I love movies based on our mythologies. Shubhash Ghai used to make those very well. Modern adaptations of parts of Indian mythology with patriotism and comedy thrown into the fray: Ram Lakhan, Vidhaata, Karma etc

Haven't watched a movie for many many months now. 

In the mood to watch some Bollywood flicks, will start with Luck By Chance, hope it is good @Mariyam @Ankit_sharma03

Think the Akhtar siblings are talented, and premise is about the Mumbai film industry. Interesting, also a fan of Konkana....and Hrithik's dancing.

Then some of the Bollywood ones from previous decade like Ayan's YJHD, ZNMD, Ugly, Hindi Medium etc. 

Saw SRK's filmography post Om Shanti Om, nothing looks interesting, all have pretty bad rating yada yada. He finished now yam?

Edited by Gollum