[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Haven't watched a movie for many many months now. 

In the mood to watch some Bollywood flicks, will start with Luck By Chance, hope it is good @Mariyam @Ankit_sharma03

Think the Akhtar siblings are talented, and premise is about the Mumbai film industry. Interesting, also a fan of Konkana....and Hrithik's dancing.

Then some of the Bollywood ones from previous decade like Ayan's YJHD, ZNMD, Ugly, Hindi Medium etc. 

Saw SRK's filmography post Om Shanti Om, nothing looks interesting, all have pretty bad rating yada yada. He finished now yam?

Done for, I'm afraid. :(( 

Post OSO, Dear Zindagi and to a lesser extent Chennai Express are bearable.

Give Luck by Chance a miss if you can. Terrible movie. Zoya Akhtar's Gully Boy is the best movie to come out from the Akhtar household. 

Akshay isn't a good actor overall, but really liked his 2000s stuff. He has excellent comic timing, even his worst critics should give him that.  

Hera Pheri and its sequel

Bhool Bhulaiya

Garam Masala

Welcome

Singh is King

Born to play such roles, was a damn good entertainer for a decade or so. Now he is more into serious social message types and deshbhakti movies, biopics etc. 

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Done for, I'm afraid. :(( 

Post OSO, Dear Zindagi and to a lesser extent Chennai Express are bearable.

Give Luck by Chance a miss if you can. Terrible movie. Zoya Akhtar's Gully Boy is the best movie to come out from the Akhtar household. 

Already started, 15 min mark. Think I will complete it. Will watch Gully Boy as well, thanks for the reco. 

Chennai Express caricatures are OTT, once saw bits of it on TV. 

SRK is a fine talent, IMO the best actor among the 3 superstar Khans. Pity his script selection is so poor (or does he interfere in scripts too much?), was good in mid-2000s with Swades, Chak De etc. Maybe he is more into IPL, VFX business etc. these days. Hope Hirani gets the best out of him next year, probably a final throw of the dice. 

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Already started, 15 min mark. Think I will complete it. Will watch Gully Boy as well, thanks for the reco. 

SRK is a fine talent, IMO the best actor among the 3 superstar Khans. Pity his script selection is so poor (or does he interfere in scripts too much?), was good in mid-2000s with Swades, Chak De etc. Maybe he is more into IPL, VFX business etc. these days. Hope Hirani gets the best out of him next year, probably a final throw of the dice. 

For nearly the last two decades SRK has been producing most of his movies. That means he decides what scripts/stories to convey to the audience. When it's your own money on the line, invariably the focus goes away from cinematic/acting excellence and box office success is the singular point of focus. Not that he has had much of that off late either. 

Red Chillies has one of the best VFX teams in the world! That has turned out very well for SRK.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

I liked Gully Boy and you said how bad that Azadi song is and how bad the Bhatts are for the country . Are you a different poster?

I kinda liked Luck By chance, Zoya’s best so far. It was a good mirror to Bollywood and nepotism. Juhi Chawla acted the best, a very good impression of Sridevi. 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

In the mood to watch some Bollywood flicks, will start with Luck By Chance, hope it is good @Mariyam @Ankit_sharma03

Think the Akhtar siblings are talented, and premise is about the Mumbai film industry. Interesting, also a fan of Konkana....and Hrithik's dancing.

Tlhen some of the Bollywood ones from previous decade like Ayan's YJHD, ZNMD, Ugly, Hindi Medium etc. 

Saw SRK's filmography post Om Shanti Om, nothing looks interesting, all have pretty bad rating yada yada. He finished now yam?

Luck by chance is one my fav , i must have seen it gazillion times . But many ppl didnt like it since it has a lot of insider jokes which they are unaware of 

the pressure of giving the biggest hits makes u go to a formula or some preconviced notions thats his films mess up, he over tries

Salman and akshay they dont even try- they mostly reward bad writers n directors dosti yaari men bas waha unka satyanaash

Ajay devgan again someone who compromises on directors and hence fcks up . Ull see in future how he has given Kaithi n Drishyam 2 remakes to bad director n result will be seen

Akshay n Ajay also lacks understanding of cinema or scripts 

Salman Has great understanding of scripts but he doesnt give a fck now

SRK is very intelligent but thinks more about what others will like as to what is working on script organically. Basically he serves his image rather then film (ull hear this dialouge by hrithik in Luck by chance- that im the servant to my image)

Aamir khan does every thing right - which is why he has had such solid consistency 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Think the Akhtar siblings are talented, and premise is about the Mumbai film industry.

Love all Zoya Akthar films, i rate her as the best director in bollywood currently. She hasnt made a single bad film till now. All 4 films have been well written n directed films 

Previously it was dibakar for me but he has gone off a bit in last few films 

9 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Indeed both Barry & Mr Inbetween were awesome but I felt mr Inbetween was far more realistic.  One of the best Dark comedies out there. 

There's a prequel movie on this as well The magician...  Might have to torrent that one. 

Yes, Mr In Between is very realistic. There's a whole bunch of characters that touch upon several different subjects. The prequel sounds interesting hope it's available somewhere.

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

Then some of the Bollywood ones from previous decade like Ayan's YJHD, ZNMD, Ugly, Hindi Medium etc. 

Watch Shershaah and Attack. The later is average, but I sincerely appreciate John for trying something different. Shershaah is quite good.

Don't know why but YouTube showed "Ankur" by Shyam Benegal in my suggested videos and I took up the challenge! It's a hard hitting, grim story but realistic, and a reflection of the times. The Hyderabadi accented Hindi spoken in the movie is a nod to Benegal's Hyderabad origins I guess. Cinematography is excellent - it was done by Govind Nihalani who himself became a famous director later on. There is one scene where Shabana and Anant Nag talk during twilight and both appear like silhouttes of themselves. I thought that was brilliant camera work and a reminder of the dark situation their lives had ended up in. I am partial to rural landscapes, lush greens and simple, earthy constructions, so that made it easier for me to breeze through the movie. Shabana Azmi is amazing in her portrayal of a house maid. She owned the screen like an accomplished veteran and it turns out, it was her debut movie! There is a reason she bagged the best actress award multiple times. 

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I liked Gully Boy and you said how bad that Azadi song is and how bad the Bhatts are for the country . Are you a different poster?

Don't recall talking about the azadi song, maybe a long time ago. The azadi slogan does irk me especially because of its origin, so maybe in that context.

Yes Mahesh Bhatt and his son Rahul Bhatt are national security hazards. Lucky to still be free, hope justice is served. 

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Finished last night..   Great fun.  Worth waiting for 3 years.  Vol 2 coming next month. 

yea finished off , wow it does what GOT last season shud have done. Its Grand, engaging , edge of seat..................this season was a bomb

11 hours ago, nevada said:

Yes, Mr In Between is very realistic. There's a whole bunch of characters that touch upon several different subjects. The prequel sounds interesting hope it's available somewhere.

@Lone Wolf - "The Magician" is available on Youtube! Did a google search just now and that's the first search result that popped up!