[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

Adam project...a boring boring movie.

Starts slow, develops slow and quite irritating. Switched off after the first half. A lifeless piece of art. 

1 second of RRR has more excitement  than this piece of mediocrity. 

Edited by kepler37b

11 hours ago, Gollum said:

Don't recall talking about the azadi song, maybe a long time ago. The azadi slogan does irk me especially because of its origin, so maybe in that context.

Yes Mahesh Bhatt and his son Rahul Bhatt are national security hazards. Lucky to still be free, hope justice is served. 

I think what @coffee_rules is referring to is the thread where you were raging against Gully Boy because Apna time aayega won some award over Teri Mitti.

It wasn't the Azaadi song. 

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I think what @coffee_rules is referring to is the thread where you were raging against Gully Boy because Apna time aayega won some award over Teri Mitti.

It wasn't the Azaadi song. 

Nah, it was the azaadi song as I had mentioned I said it was not that bad. I can’t find those threads. As @maniacmentioned , I own the Pratik Borade award now which I borrowed from Gollum

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

several of those rants were fun and many/most were justified. you should indulge in a bit every now and then.

Off topic:

@Gollum had once created a match thread for Delhi vs CSK with 100s of funny gifs and wrestling images. The OP was a min long even if we were to just scroll. The match thread lasted a mere 7-8 pages. DC were all out for 105 or some really low total.

Gollum then went on a rant against Ashwin (match ka mujrim) a player he generally liked(s). That was hilarious.

Best poster on here, on his day. 

On 6/17/2022 at 4:02 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Love all Zoya Akthar films, i rate her as the best director in bollywood currently. She hasnt made a single bad film till now. All 4 films have been well written n directed films 

Previously it was dibakar for me but he has gone off a bit in last few films 

Dil Dhadakne Do was booooring.

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Off topic:

@Gollum had once created a match thread for Delhi vs CSK with 100s of funny gifs and wrestling images. The OP was a min long even if we were to just scroll. The match thread lasted a mere 7-8 pages. DC were all out for 105 or some really low total.

Gollum then went on a rant against Ashwin (match ka mujrim) a player he generally liked(s). That was hilarious.

Best poster on here, on his day. 

yes, the good 'ol days. most of these young 'uns buzzing about on ICF won't have any memories of the same.

20 minutes ago, Vijy said:

too much StarWars stuff these days

Yeah lost track....Mandalorian, then that bloated Boba Fett series, now Obi Wan. I just skim over the episode summaries and watch a few clips, YT shorts, fan memes/theories etc. Like I watched all the Padawan Anakin and Vader scenes from this new series. Quite liked the Grogu, Luke and Ahsoka scenes from the previous 2.

Anyway the sequels destroyed my interest in the SW Universe (used to be a fanatic before TLJ), even TFA was tolerable albeit an adaptation of the OG Episode 4. Less we talk about TLJ and TROS the better, Kathleen Kennedy and co, finished SW saga for good. Only Rogue One was good from the Disney era, at least there was closure and its end fitted well with the beginning of Ep. 4. 

11 hours ago, Gollum said:

Yeah lost track....Mandalorian, then that bloated Boba Fett series, now Obi Wan. I just skim over the episode summaries and watch a few clips, YT shorts, fan memes/theories etc. Like I watched all the Padawan Anakin and Vader scenes from this new series. Quite liked the Grogu, Luke and Ahsoka scenes from the previous 2.

Anyway the sequels destroyed my interest in the SW Universe (used to be a fanatic before TLJ), even TFA was tolerable albeit an adaptation of the OG Episode 4. Less we talk about TLJ and TROS the better, Kathleen Kennedy and co, finished SW saga for good. Only Rogue One was good from the Disney era, at least there was closure and its end fitted well with the beginning of Ep. 4. 

yep. Huge fan of original series. The animated series are quite good though - Rebels, Clone Wars, and VIsions. You should check them out if you haven't. Mandy (mandalorian) is fairly good too. the rest of varying shades of mediocre/bad.

5 hours ago, Vijy said:

yep. Huge fan of original series. The animated series are quite good though - Rebels, Clone Wars, and VIsions. You should check them out if you haven't. Mandy (mandalorian) is fairly good too. the rest of varying shades of mediocre/bad.

Boba fett was a borefest except that 6th episode...  Mandalorian was dope. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Boba fett was a borefest except that 6th episode...  Mandalorian was dope. 

yes, mandy was the only one (apart from the 3 animated series I mentioned) where I felt that the spirit of the original trilogy is fully captured and rendered. needless to say, this is just my opinion

Watched Ratsasan over the weekend

Ratsasan poster.jpg

Very well made who-did-it  thriller that descends into bizarre, headache inducing and downright cringe climax - 2/5 (2 points cut for the last 30 minutes)

Spoiler: if you have white characters, caste white actors. Not some desidude with a god-level-stupid make up. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:.    

Still our Indian directors are piss poor at making thrillers. The gold standard is  "The Usual Suspects"

2 hours ago, kepler37b said:

Watched Ratsasan over the weekend

Ratsasan poster.jpg

Very well made who-did-it  thriller that descends into bizarre, headache inducing and downright cringe climax - 2/5 (2 points cut for the last 30 minutes)

Spoiler: if you have white characters, caste white actors. Not some desidude with a god-level-stupid make up. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:.    

Still our Indian directors are piss poor at making thrillers. The gold standard is  "The Usual Suspects"

i loved it - apart from first half hour n last 10 minutes...............i had no complains with the movie. What BGM (although lifted but who cares) 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i loved it - apart from first half hour n last 10 minutes...............i had no complains with the movie. What BGM (although lifted but who cares) 

Yeah. It was too good till they introduce Christopher. Then it is damaaal. BGM is top class though. Loved it.

They should have really used a white actor. There are plenty available. Or change the story to put a desi character. 

Movie without climax is 4/5 for me. 

Edited by kepler37b