[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

Major (Telugu) : Real life story of Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan. Well acted by a new actor, some unnatural action notwithstanding, movie is well directed. Has some real life incidents of 26/11 incorporated (Barkha’s foils) 

Salute (Malayalam): well directed taut thriller, police procedural and a slow burner. Dilquer Salman has some good acting genes of his dad, Mammooty.  Nice way of not showing the antagonist . 

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Major (Telugu) : Real life story of Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan. Well acted by a new actor, some unnatural action notwithstanding, movie is well directed. Has some real life incidents of 26/11 incorporated (Barkha’s foils) 

Salute (Malayalam): well directed taut thriller, police procedural and a slow burner. Dilquer Salman has some good acting genes of his dad, Mammooty.  Nice way of not showing the antagonist . 

Agree on both. Both good movies.

1 hour ago, kepler37b said:

He saved and carried the film single handedly...My personal opinion. 

Certainly! I never felt connected with the movie as it kinda goes off on its own for a bit too long. His presence later on fixed that. I didn't find it great, but am glad the movie became a hit and scored enough to pull Kamal Hassan out of financial trouble. 

1 hour ago, nevada said:

Certainly! I never felt connected with the movie as it kinda goes off on its own for a bit too long. His presence later on fixed that. I didn't find it great, but am glad the movie became a hit and scored enough to pull Kamal Hassan out of financial trouble. 

Exactly. 

Kaithi (Seen it 2 times on Disney) >>>>>>>>> Vikraaaammm.

Makes me extremely happy to see Anek doing soo well on Netflix. The movie is very good. On some occasions it touches great level.

Superb work from the team.

Major is one more very very good film that deserves wider appreciation.

Edited by kepler37b

The Last Duel - Ridley Scott directed , written by Ben Affleck and Matt Damon. I admire 
Rodley Scott and rate him very high. But this is not as good as he can can get. They have tried a Rashomon effect on a simple narration of a conflict. There are 3 narratives of the same story , but there is no ambiguity on the final version which defeats the purpose of Roshomon (the original Kurusawa) rationale. Adam Driver has acted very well , Matt Damon being just adequate. Good BGM, and RS excels in the depiction of medieval Western Europe  like always. 

11 hours ago, kepler37b said:

I saw that too...But felt 1917 is in a level of its own. 

Try that and see the sequence where the solider passes through a abandoned French town(Estrou)...

That scene...:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

Try Andrew Garfield's Hacksaw Ridge too...  Real life story on WW2.  Inspirational stuff