[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

The Last Duel - Ridley Scott directed , written by Ben Affleck and Matt Damon. I admire 
Rodley Scott and rate him very high. But this is not as good as he can can get. They have tried a Rashomon effect on a simple narration of a conflict. There are 3 narratives of the same story , but there is no ambiguity on the final version which defeats the purpose of Roshomon (the original Kurusawa) rationale. Adam Driver has acted very well , Matt Damon being just adequate. Good BGM, and RS excels in the depiction of medieval Western Europe  like always. 

Last Duel was rather pedestrian. Overall pretty bland apart from the overacting by Ben Affleck and his hairdo.

3 hours ago, bharathh said:

Watched Nambi Effect .. loved it. What a crazy life this man had - and to have it topped off by being branded a traitor. Just insane.

And getting a Padma Bhushan award. This one takes the cake.

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/nambi-narayanan-isro-espionage-case-senkumar-padma-bhushan-kerala-police-5556278/

On 7/17/2022 at 3:58 PM, maniac said:

Vikram. What a movie lol :hatsoff: loved it.

Whats the big deal on Fahad Fasil? Decent actor but have seen him in 3 movies now, looks adequate at best. What’s they hype?

Kamal Hassan and especially the action director take a bow. 

Have you watched Trance? I thought he was awesome in that.

On 7/17/2022 at 6:28 AM, maniac said:

Vikram. What a movie lol :hatsoff: loved it.

Whats the big deal on Fahad Fasil? Decent actor but have seen him in 3 movies now, looks adequate at best. What’s they hype?

Kamal Hassan and especially the action director take a bow. 

Kuch khaas nahi laga. I watched the dubbed version in Hindi with some very bad audio (on YT). Stylish with some signature of Guy Ritchie. After the first half when the identity of KH is revealed, it is just slo-Mo incessant repetitive action, with the climax being the worst - tumhari maa hamra kabze mein hain kind of plot. Fahad’s role is wasted in the whole story. Kuch nahin  hai in the character 

Edited by coffee_rules

31 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Kuch khaas nahi laga. I watched the dubbed version in Hindi with some very bad audio (on YT). Stylish with some signature of Guy Ritchie. After the first half when the identity of KH is revealed, it is just slo-Mo incessant repetitive action, with the climax being the worst - tumhari maa hamra kabze mein hain kind of plot. Fahad’s role is wasted in the whole story. Kuch nahin  hai in the character 

i saw the original version with subtitles even though I can understand a little Tamil on Hotstar/ Hulu 

I enjoyed the action scenes.

I like these kind of mindless action movies 

Got a John wick kind of vibe. Obviously that’s what the director was going for.

Edited by maniac

16 minutes ago, maniac said:

i saw the original version with subtitles even though I can understand a little Tamil on Hotstar/ Hulu 

I enjoyed the action scenes.

I like these kind of mindless action movies 

Got a John wick kind of vibe. Obviously that’s what the director was going for.

Was surprised at who produced the movie along with KH. DMK sponsored movie. Jai ho