[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

On 11/6/2020 at 5:04 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Queen Gambit - Netflix

Good show but less then the hype 

About chess and psychology from what I read, getting rave reviews. That Split/Glass actress is the lead character. 

Will add it to my list but doubt I'll get the time to start it this year, a few other shows I must first catch up with. I haven't even checked the last couple of seasons of Vikings, The Crown, Modern Family, South Park, BBT...yet to start Dark, Succession and a few other acclaimed ones despite lockdown free time :((

But if @Mariyam has time she may enjoy it, story is about a female chess champion, #1 on Netflix now. Also other ICF chess fans like @Real McCoy @FischerTal @Straight Drive @The Dark Horse @randomGuy @I6MTW @Singh bling 

46 minutes ago, Gollum said:

About chess and psychology from what I read, getting rave reviews. That Split/Glass actress is the lead character. 

Will add it to my list but doubt I'll get the time to start it this year, a few other shows I must first catch up with. I haven't even checked the last couple of seasons of Vikings, The Crown, Modern Family, South Park, BBT...yet to start Dark, Succession and a few other acclaimed ones despite lockdown free time :((

But if @Mariyam has time she may enjoy it, story is about a female chess champion, #1 on Netflix now. Also other ICF chess fans like @Real McCoy @FischerTal @Straight Drive @The Dark Horse @randomGuy @I6MTW @Singh bling 

better watch dark n succession then this, its very good but somehow falls short of being a great show as they took very simple n cliche approach in end 

15 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

Indian cinema is for fools. So called culture showed in these movies is fake. No one starts dancing and singing in real life the way they do in these films. Pathetic identity we have in the west..singing & dancing films.

what is wrong with songs? It is entertainment after all. Do we ape the western model all the time? Music in our films come from a tradition of drama, where it was filled with music

On 10/11/2020 at 7:55 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

If anyone sees Scam 1992 let me know how it is , its getting great reviews 

Its probably the best thing I have ever watched to come out of India...

Its the right mix of masala and accurate storytelling...

what stands out for me is the music...is on point for the situation. Listening to it on a loop.

Honestly this type of series will put India on the map.  Bollywood has supressed a lot of creativity. Hard to imgine this is the same Director of Dil Pe Mat Le Yaar....

6 hours ago, G_B_ said:

what stands out for me is the music...is on point for the situation. Listening to it on a loop.

Honestly this type of series will put India on the map.  Bollywood has supressed a lot of creativity. Hard to imgine this is the same Director of Dil Pe Mat Le Yaar....

Yes. It is very well made. I agree with you on that.

As far as accurate story telling is concerned, fair bit of misrepresentation on a landmark case!

6 hours ago, G_B_ said:

Where do you watch it? I don't think any other OTT site has it other than SonyLiv. I read we can only subscribe and watch it using a VPN. 

On 11/15/2020 at 1:55 AM, Gollum said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Will watch it over the next few weeks. 

Funnily enough I never play the Queen's Gambit. I always play the Kings pawn opening with white. :phehe:

Since the TV shows/Netflix threads are locked....

Guys please recommend some great shows-> thriller/mystery/horror/historical/legal/fantasy/sci-fi/political/crime drama etc. fine by me, (and not sitcoms or those 5-6 hours long mini-series, not in the mood for that). 

Want to watch shows like these, 50+ hours long so that I can binge-watch for 3-4 weeks minimum. 

The Wire

The Sopranos

Breaking Bad

GOT

Prison Break

Vikings

House

Dexter

House of Cards

Suits

Twin Peaks

Also have 'The Americans' and 'The Shield', @Jimmy Cliff you have watched both IIRC? Which one is better, more addictive?

Edited by Gollum

49 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Since the TV shows/Netflix threads are locked....

Guys please recommend some great shows-> thriller/mystery/horror/historical/legal/fantasy/sci-fi/political/crime drama etc. fine by me, (and not sitcoms or those 5-6 hours long mini-series, not in the mood for that). 

Want to watch shows like these, 50+ hours long so that I can binge-watch for 3-4 weeks minimum. 

Also have 'The Americans' and 'The Shield', @Jimmy Cliff you have watched both IIRC? Which one is better, more addictive?

The Shield definitely. Better in all aspects.

On 11/21/2020 at 3:51 AM, Jimmy Cliff said:

The Shield definitely. Better in all aspects.

I watched all seasons of The Americans, held up till the end. A lot of violence and sleazy, not so believable, but watchable. Not as good as Homeland the espionage series. Bosch is a good crime/detective series.