[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

On 8/3/2022 at 2:07 PM, Lone Wolf said:

Latest Episode of Black Bird....  Goddamn gut wrenching.   Acting was literally top of the shelf.   Larry fella as serial Killer is just freakin amazing.  Based on a True story.   I got chills watching this episode.  Only 1 left in the mini series.  Absolute Masterpiece:adore:

Man...The guy playing Larry is going to grab some awards this year and Egerton has absolutely knocked it off the park in the last two episodes too and then there is Ray Liotta. This show is a gem

Edited by Vickydev

27 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Man...The guy playing Larry is going to grab some awards this year and Egerton has absolutely knocked it off the park in the last two episodes too and then there is Ray Liotta. This show is a gem

Larry fella has just smashed it....  Best acting I have seen in years literally.  He for sure will get some. 

Totally sold on Taron Egarton...  He is rumoured to be next Wolverine.  Impressed with his range.  From kingsman movie series to this. 

6 episodes felt too short but damn it was a ride.  Weekly release made it more fun. 

Ayyappanum Koshiyum.

very engaging, Both Prithviraj and Biju Menon are very good. Direction by late Sachy is very good and deserving the National award. To hell with Bollywood making movies like Darlings or JugJugJiyo. 

Is there any other language remake of this movie? Would be good in other regional languages 

Much better than Vikram

Edited by coffee_rules

On 7/27/2022 at 8:28 PM, nevada said:

No, I haven't. Thanks for the suggestion, will check it out. I spend more than half the time searching/exploring for good shows!

Finished watching this series yesterday. It's a good, entertaining show with mostly relatable characters, and has various causes and issues thrown in, as is the norm there days on pretty much every show. I found Rachel"s character irritating. She has everything handed on a platter and still feels like something's lacking. Who wants to take up work on their honeymoon?  Her husband is a spoilt brat but he is clear about what he wants and is upfront about it. The girls' characters were quite interesting. The manager acted very well. The lady who wants to immerse her mother's ashes is another self consumed personality who totally crushes the spirit of the spa lady who helps her. 

On 8/5/2022 at 11:43 AM, velu said:

Bullet train - entertainment guaranteed 

first half is really awesome 

Yes, saw it in a theater today as a payback to watching JugJugJiyo. Totally worth it. Tarantino mixed with Anime and Eastern Asian movie styles. Dark Humor and popular themes. Enjoyed a good dinner and a movie!! 

17 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Ayyappanum Koshiyum.

very engaging, Both Prithviraj and Biju Menon are very good. Direction by late Sachy is very good and deserving the National award. To hell with Bollywood making movies like Darlings or JugJugJiyo. 

Is there any other language remake of this movie? Would be good in other regional languages 

Much better than Vikram

love that film 

14 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Ayyappanum Koshiyum.

Much better than Vikram

There is an mass masala hero elevation version called Bheemla Nayak in Telugu. It's mad entertainment. But cringe in other aspects.

20 hours ago, kepler37b said:

There is an mass masala hero elevation version called Bheemla Nayak in Telugu. It's mad entertainment. But cringe in other aspects.

Bheemla Nayak is a perverted version of the original. Like modifying a sleek Italian vintage car into a pick-up truck.

I was forced to go to seethaaramam(Telugu) :(( by family pressure. The show was 70% full on a non-holiday in a multiplex on 8th day. Everybody was so engaged.

I did not feel connection and a single emotion.  

For men, enjoying romantic movies is a duty.  No way out. :((

2 hours ago, kepler37b said:

I was forced to go to seethaaramam(Telugu) :(( by family pressure. The show was 70% full on a non-holiday in a multiplex on 8th day. Everybody was so engaged.

I did not feel connection and a single emotion.  

For men, enjoying romantic movies is a duty.  No way out. :((

Wow! And still you felt no connection? Can you elaborate why?

Watched malayankuju (Coconut movie) on Prime. 

Novel Concept and should be lauded

Fahad's performance elevated the movie to next level. The frames when he screams "ponni! ponni!" stand out. The expression of pain, fear and sorrow on his face. :adore:

On the downside, the movie is extremely slow in the first half. Bear with it.

Finally watched kartikeya 2,a very good movie,a family film,no show sha like Bollywood, sticks to our indian culture,most importantly with the message that rama krishna and shiva are not mythology but our history our ancestors,the acting of all actors was very good, monologue of anupam kher and bgm were epic definitely goosebumps worthy,watch this movie guys as it celebrates our culture our history instead of mocking it, cinema hall wasn't full but it was 70% filled my daughter's absolutely loved the movie especially the BGM ,hey keshav hey madhav hey govinda raksha raksha pahimaam parmananda.

On Wed Aug 17 2022 at 12:03 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

has anyone seen this ?? Hearing great stuff about this movie that its an absolute crazy whacked out fun films about just brawls 

I don't watch Malayalam movie coz they are rather too slow for my taste but this looks good.  Any idea where it is streaming?