[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

5 hours ago, maniac said:

Liger. Yes you have a legitimate doubt asking me why I watched this. I am embarrassed for watching this too.

only positive takeaway is Devarkonda. The guy has that super star charisma but a couple of more ligers and he will be out of work.

Its okay. Bad masala movies have their own charm :giggle:

14 hours ago, maniac said:

Liger. Yes you have a legitimate doubt asking me why I watched this. I am embarrassed for watching this too.

only positive takeaway is Devarkonda. The guy has that super star charisma but a couple of more ligers and he will be out of work.

I have started watching it.  The titles part is so cool. The background music is also nice, though it's probably a rip off of some oriental tunes in some places.  Vijay's stammering is HIGHLY annoying, like he is trying too hard to irritate the audience.  I am not against the idea of the character having stammering quality but it could have been done in an understated way. I have watched till the fight scene where he beats up all the fighters. Will make 1-2 attempts more to complete the rest of the movie. Poori is a talented director but getting involved in production has messed up his core skill. 

2 hours ago, kepler37b said:

Puri Jagannath completes the entire film in 3-4 months. End to End. Dude hires actors and writes story outline. He writes the screenplay and story on the sets. The quality suffers big time.

He has become a troll material.

That kind of working style seems.like a recipe for disaster. What is he so busy with that he doesn't even have story and screenplay ready before commencing a project? But didn't Liger take like 3 years to complete? 

Edited by nevada

9 hours ago, nevada said:

I have started watching it.  The titles part is so cool. The background music is also nice, though it's probably a rip off of some oriental tunes in some places.  Vijay's stammering is HIGHLY annoying, like he is trying too hard to irritate the audience.  I am not against the idea of the character having stammering quality but it could have been done in an understated way. I have watched till the fight scene where he beats up all the fighters. Will make 1-2 attempts more to complete the rest of the movie. Poori is a talented director but getting involved in production has messed up his core skill. 

What’s the compulsion? Anybody put a gun to your head?

9 hours ago, nevada said:

first half was bad, 2nd half was wtf. So in hindsight first half looks like a masterpiece.

i do agree the martial arts scenes were well choreographed.

I couldn’t understand a single song. At one point I thought my language settings defaulted to some other language when listening to them. They were also unbearable.

Also Ananya Pandey has 0 redeeming qualities. She isn’t that strikingly pretty either. Yes she is well a groomed rich kid that’s about it and has absolutely no talent.

I think the stammer they were trying to equate Tyson’s lisp and other speech impediments he had due to which he was bullied as a kid but unless you are a hardcore Tyson fan those kind of trivia will be lost to your general public and neither did they expand on that.

Edited by maniac

7 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

What’s the compulsion? Anybody put a gun to your head?

I do make a point to complete a movie once I watch it. Luckily on ott you can get a quick summarized context to ensure something that is crap is crap and there are no surprises :dontknow:

Liger is like a train wreck. Once you start you can’t stop. You just want to understand the brains that thought this was a good idea.

4 hours ago, kepler37b said:

Puri Jagannath completes the entire film in 3-4 months. End to End. Dude hires actors and writes story outline. He writes the screenplay and story on the sets. The quality suffers big time.

He has become a troll material.

directors and technicians working in Telugu industry   are mostly technically very adept. I would say probably best in India. Technique wise they are excellent but most of them from what I observed have stories of running away from home to become a film actor after failing 10th etc, so while they pick up technique, their outlook and what they consider great cinema and story is not that evolved. 

Not sure what Puri’s background is but I would assume he has got one of those stories based on the kind of movies he makes. As I said technique wise he is very good.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

first half was bad, 2nd half was wtf. So in hindsight first half looks like a masterpiece.

i do agree the martial arts scenes were well choreographed.

I couldn’t understand a single song. At one point I thought my language settings defaulted to some other language when listening to them. They were also unbearable.

Also Ananya Pandey has 0 redeeming qualities. She isn’t that strikingly pretty either. Yes she is well a groomed rich kid that’s about it and has absolutely no talent.

I think the stammer they were trying to equate Tyson’s lisp and other speech impediments he had due to which he was bullied as a kid but unless you are a hardcore Tyson fan those kind of trivia will be lost to your general public and neither did they expand on that.

Don't know how, but I finished off the rest of the movie today. The good thing is it is only 2 hr 10 min. Indeed, it went totally off the rails in the second half. Ananya is good for ads and maybe TV shows but surely isn't heroine material. Overall, a half baked, fully derailed movie that failed to do anything notable despite all the hype. Vijay must have worked hard to train for fighter role but such stories are way past their sell by date now. Even 1983, a real story, didn't have many takers. 

4 hours ago, nevada said:

That kind of working style seems.like a recipe for disaster. What is he so busy with that he doesn't even have story and screenplay ready before commencing a project? But didn't Liger take like 3 years to complete? 

Yes. Might be due to pandemic. Or some fingering from some other sources.

20 hours ago, maniac said:

I do make a point to complete a movie once I watch it. Luckily on ott you can get a quick summarized context to ensure something that is crap is crap and there are no surprises :dontknow:

Liger is like a train wreck. Once you start you can’t stop. You just want to understand the brains that thought this was a good idea.

18 hours ago, Vickydev said:

Binged through the 5 episodes of The Rings of Power. Quite enjoyable I must say so far

Criticism for being too woke justified or not??  Have watched all of the LOTR still can't get myself to watch this...  Thanks to poor reviews. 

Watching Star wars Andor on Hotstar...  Must say best since Mandalorian @Gollum check this out bro...