[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

46 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Criticism for being too woke justified or not??  Have watched all of the LOTR still can't get myself to watch this...  Thanks to poor reviews. 

Watching Star wars Andor on Hotstar...  Must say best since Mandalorian @Gollum check this out bro... 

I'm guessing it's because of black actors? Well they do seem odd because it's like they were selected for diversity but then I think it's the norm now. I'm seeing some of this in the new GOT show as well.

Can't say I'm too bothered tbh because I'm not fully into the lore as such, having not read the books or watched all the films so don't know what the original characters should be like. I guess the true fans might hate it but I like because the visuals are great and story after the first couple of episodes is moving nicely

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Criticism for being too woke justified or not??  Have watched all of the LOTR still can't get myself to watch this...  Thanks to poor reviews. 

Watching Star wars Andor on Hotstar...  Must say best since Mandalorian @Gollum check this out bro... 

me too.. watched the 3 part hobbit and also had watched all LOTR movies in theaters earlier. Amazing set of movies better than any Avengers /DC series. Still not dared to watch this spinoff yet. Based on reviews here will do watch

woke? Did they make Frodo and Sam gay ? Please no. 

Edited by coffee_rules

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Rings of power is awesome. It's grand, slow burner but worth the watch. 

14 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

me too.. watched the 3 part hobbit and also had watched all LOTR movies in theaters earlier. Amazing set of movies better than any Avengers /DC series. Still not dared to watch this spinoff yet. Based on reviews here will do watch

woke? Did they make Frodo and Sam gay ? Please no. 

Black dwarves, a very warrior-esque Galadriel, a female character who appears to be a copy of Frodo etc...   Set way before fellowship so Frodo & Sam are safe. 

I will watch when all episodes come out or it it gets renewed...  Reviews definitely are conflicting. 

Much better things to catch up first. 

1 hour ago, Vickydev said:

I'm guessing it's because of black actors? Well they do seem odd because it's like they were selected for diversity but then I think it's the norm now. I'm seeing some of this in the new GOT show as well.

Can't say I'm too bothered tbh because I'm not fully into the lore as such, having not read the books or watched all the films so don't know what the original characters should be like. I guess the true fans might hate it but I like because the visuals are great and story after the first couple of episodes is moving nicely

It's perfect for u...  Cinematography & Visuals are indeed top notch from what I heard thanks to all the money that got pumped in.

11 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

It is not a biopic, but based on the Novel written in 1955. Historical fiction.

The events around the book are historical though. There was a battle for the throne between the principal folks involved with Kundavi getting Arul Mozhi Varman back from Ceylon to take over the throne. IMO, Nandini, Umai Rani etc. are fictitious.

Lal Singh Chahal (autocorrect but leaving it that way). Turned it off at about 1:45 mark because god Amir Khan’s acting was unbearable. I don’t know how resident Punjabis feel about his accent but it was fake and that ummm, ammmm got on my nerves.

Having said that may not complete it but from the 75-80% I saw, not the worst adaptation by any means. Not surprised it bombed though but I have a feeling it will do well on oTT like 83.

13 minutes ago, maniac said:

Lal Singh Chahal (autocorrect but leaving it that way). Turned it off at about 1:45 mark because god Amir Khan’s acting was unbearable. I don’t know how resident Punjabis feel about his accent but it was fake and that ummm, ammmm got on my nerves.

Having said that may not complete it but from the 75-80% I saw, not the worst adaptation by any means. Not surprised it bombed though but I have a feeling it will do well on oTT like 83.

It was even worse than Saif Ali khan's weird a*** Punjabi in Sacred games. 

It will do well as OTT audience is quite broad.  Could be a strict 1 time watch though. 

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

It was even worse than Saif Ali khan's weird a*** Punjabi in Sacred games. 

It will do well as OTT audience is quite broad.  Could be a strict 1 time watch though. 

See in OTT,  it is already sold like Satellite TV rights. I don’t know what it means to do well in OTT. It is not like pay-per-view. Saif’s Punjabi accent in Sacred Games is  1000x times better than this. I have seen about an hour so far. 

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

See in OTT,  it is already sold like Satellite TV rights. I don’t know what it means to do well in OTT. It is not like pay-per-view. Saif’s Punjabi accent in Sacred Games is  1000x times better than this. I have seen about an hour so far. 

Only managed to watch it for half an hour max...  Couldn't stand Aamir.   He was ruining it all single handedly. 

On 10/8/2022 at 10:30 PM, maniac said:

On 10/9/2022 at 1:43 AM, coffee_rules said:

Is the boycott over? :)