[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

2 hours ago, velu said:

planning to see veera simha reddy :giggle:

truth is , i really like balayyas dialogue delivery even if i don't get it fully 

I have seen it. And also waltair veerayya. Watch it in a theater with fans. 

Both Much better than average sleep inducing  indian OTT movie. 

On 1/28/2023 at 1:33 PM, The Realist said:

The Menu.

Watchable but thinks its more clever and satirical than it actually is. 

Terrible movie. I was expecting a thriller with a mind blowing twist. Maybe I didnt  get the subtleties or hidden messages but I kept watching the movie hoping it would pick up. Didn’t care for any of the characters.

Then again I thought Parasite was crap and enjoyed Nobody and Malignant. Usually enjoy the RRR’s, Pushpas or even Bhool Bhulayya type movies of the world so maybe I am not a good judge of cinema :dontknow: 

45 minutes ago, maniac said:

Terrible movie. I was expecting a thriller with a mind blowing twist. Maybe I didnt  get the subtleties or hidden messages but I kept watching the movie hoping it would pick up. Didn’t care for any of the characters.

Then again I thought Parasite was crap and enjoyed Nobody and Malignant. Usually enjoy the RRR’s, Pushpas or even Bhool Bhulayya type movies of the world so maybe I am not a good judge of cinema :dontknow: 

Depends on what you expect ... story, acting , choreography . cinematography or direction

11 minutes ago, diga said:

Depends on what you expect ... story, acting , choreography . cinematography or direction

To be honest what I expect is something to be engaging. 

A good example will be Apna Apna which was a terrible move for example from technical perspective. Terrible inconsistency, caricaturish acting, average music, poor technical values but the film was entertaining every which way and still can be watched on tv.

movies like menu are slick in execution but it went over my head and neither was the high level storyline engaging to me.

2 hours ago, maniac said:

I thought Godfather was overrated :vroam: