[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

@ all the film aficionados especially @zen about L&T and the film bridge on the river kwai

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1638400691826745344.html

I was doing a fun quiz in during a Mint Award ceremony in Mumbai, and A M Naik of L&T was to be felicitated with a Lifetime Achievement Award. So I gleefully pulled out my favourite L & T question, the one about the bridge in the epic film 'Bridge on the River Kwai.'The bridge was built by Larsen & Toubro and the question was duly answered.
Afterwards, a senior L&T man came across and told me that there was more to the story. Apparently the producers of the film had not paid for the bridge which was actually built in Sri Lanka, 

And so (spoiler alert) L&T refused to allow them to blow it up for the climax of the film.
Finally, after months of stalling L&T were paid and allowed the bridge to be blown. But the foundations were so strong that the explosive charges just did not work. 

Finally, after trying quite a few times, they had to physically break more than half of the foundation with hammers and then blow it up again.
Cant think of a better product endorsement! 

Watched Dasara. Nani's Film. Full on entertainment. 

Unlike, other masala films, the character progress of Nani is very well thought of. A shameless and irresponsible drunk to a man consumed by vengeance. This is acting for the ages.

Nani is perhaps one of our GOAT actors. His variety of roles. :cheer:

This has essentially pushed Nani to Tier 1 in Telugu film industry.

4 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

Watched Dasara. Nani's Film. Full on entertainment. 

Unlike, other masala films, the character progress of Nani is very well thought of. A shameless and irresponsible drunk to a man consumed by vengeance. This is acting for the ages.

Nani is perhaps one of our GOAT actors. His variety of roles. :cheer:

This has essentially pushed Nani to Tier 1 in Telugu film industry.

Nani is called natural star for a reason! Glad to see a positive review for this movie as most online reviews are giving 2.5-2.75/rating. Hope this movie finds the success it deserves at the box.office. 

9 minutes ago, nevada said:

Nani is called natural star for a reason! Glad to see a positive review for this movie as most online reviews are giving 2.5-2.75/rating. Hope this movie finds the success it deserves at the box.office. 

This is not a critic friendly movie like Jersey. The ratings are not a surprise.

Watch it on big screen, with family. you WILL have great time.

Cocaine Bear, funny horror-comedy 7/10

Scream 6, boring slasher film, 2/10

Batman: The Doom That Came to Gotham, a batman animated film, good timepass for a 1-time watch 6/10

Edited by Tibarn

7 hours ago, velu said:

planning to watch mario brothers ..

any feedback @maniac  @Mariyam ? :hmmmm2:

Releases tomorrow in Mumbai/India.

Have promised to take my daughter and her friends for this over the weekend. Likely to talk the Mr into doing this. Shall give you a review if I go.

Why do you want to watch this? Its a kids movie. :confused:

Edited by Mariyam