[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Last 2 seasons were top tier though..  It's criminal Rhea Seehorn still doesn't has a emmy to her name.  

Agree, it got better after the first few episodes in S1. A lot of parallel stories to keep on engrossed. Brothers, professional rivalries, legal cases, ethics and mixed with drug mafia. It is amazing in S4-S6. There is a lot of disconnect in Saul’s character and some common characters like Crazy-8 between BCS and BB. The timeline gets warped, BCS has better characterizations and lots of time to develop characters like Gus, Mike, Nacho and Lalo. Interesting analysis here..

Better Call Saul: Krazy-8’s Important Role in the Breaking Bad Universe

14 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Agree, it got better after the first few episodes in S1. A lot of parallel stories to keep on engrossed. Brothers, professional rivalries, legal cases, ethics and mixed with drug mafia. It is amazing in S4-S6. There is a lot of disconnect in Saul’s character and some common characters like Crazy-8 between BCS and BB. The timeline gets warped, BCS has better characterizations and lots of time to develop characters like Gus, Mike, Nacho and Lalo. Interesting analysis here..

Better Call Saul: Krazy-8’s Important Role in the Breaking Bad Universe

Less annoying characters than BB as well...  Skyler,  Marie,  Walt Jr... 

Also loved Mike's detailed arc in BCS. 

BCS is a lot more deeper than BB. 

BB is more dynamic so naturally easily connects. 

11 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Walt Jr ? :hysterical: He is supposed to be one you feel sorry for! Skylar rates in the most hated TV characters all-time lists! Hated more than GoT’s Joffrey Baratheon! 

24 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Walt Jr ? :hysterical: He is supposed to be one you feel sorry for! Skylar rates in the most hated TV characters all-time lists! Hated more than GoT’s Joffrey Baratheon! 

Nah man he is a whiny little b*tch at the breakfast table....  So damn annoying.  He looks so much like Marie:phehe:

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

I actually don't know why Skyler is hated so much for doing the right things (mostly).

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Perhaps BCS lacks a box office character like Walter. BCS is more cerebral.

42 minutes ago, Lord said:

Perhaps BCS lacks a box office character like Walter. BCS is more cerebral.

Lalo was box office...  Single handedly almost matched peak BB aura.  His storyline was mind blowing.  The actor stole the show in later half. 

Walter's storyline attracts so many that it is one of the best Characters in TV history. 

4 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Lalo was box office...  Single handedly almost matched peak BB aura.  His storyline was mind blowing.  The actor stole the show in later half. 

Walter's storyline attracts so many that it is one of the best Characters in TV history. 

BCS is a slow-burner. It takes a lot of time for each character. I like such shows, it is like reading a novel. Lalo, Nacho, Kim, Chuck , Mike and finally Jim, all had a lot of time to show character. I am watching BB again, to refresh after the BCS show. I like BB more, but not a lot more than when I started BCS. 

Are there any other Crime shows like this? Any recommendations? I started with Narcos, but wwas not too interesting.

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

BCS is a slow-burner. It takes a lot of time for each character. I like such shows, it is like reading a novel. Lalo, Nacho, Kim, Chuck , Mike and finally Jim, all had a lot of time to show character. I am watching BB again, to refresh after the BCS show. I like BB more, but not a lot more than when I started BCS. 

Are there any other Crime shows like this? Any recommendations? I started with Narcos, but wwas not too interesting.

Ozark on Netflix is a low key BB lite...  Interesting enough. 

Fargo first 2 seasons will get you hooked straightaway.  Billy Bob Thornton... One of the best anti hero's out there. 

Fincher's Mindhunter was a thing of beauty. 

On 11/14/2023 at 8:23 PM, Lord said:

Jawan :((

First time @Mariyam's review turned out to be right.

First time?

:mad2:

Jawaan is a serious movie. I don't like serious stuff. Throw in a few corrupt politicians, an item number, a few drops of patriotism, over the top action and you have a superhit.

Gone are the days when legends like K Jo would have to conjure up a wonderful love story for the movie to work.