Jump to content

[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*


EnterTheVoid

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Tillu said:

Saw the movie The covenant again. It's an American propoganda movie about the Afghan interpreters who helped their military during their war against Afganistan. Jake Gyllenhaal was brilliant but it's the Egyptian actor who played the role of interpreter was the best thing about this film. Also the soundtrack when the interpreter rescues Jake from Afghan Warlords was very haunting. Guy Ritchies best movie after Snatch and Lockstock and two smoking barrels. Watch it.

The Gentleman I reckon is his second best work after Snatch

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

The Gentleman I reckon is his second best work after Snatch

 

Snatch and Lockstock are the two movies which made Guy Ritchie. Now he seem to follow the same style for all his movies. But The covenant was different, you wouldn't think he directed this movie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Lone Wolf, watched Furiosa today evening. If Fury Road was 10/10 (probably the most perfect film I have ever seen) this was 9/10. Outstanding movie albeit short of its predecessor. Amazing world building, let down by climax and Anya Taylor's casting, though she was playing the younger Furiosa, couldn't see the warrior spirit, body language I saw in Charlize, maybe that's just me. Hemsworth hit it out of the park. 

 

George Miller deserves some awards/recognition, and this film needs more support at the box office. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Aussies punch way above their weight in Hollywood, entertainment industry, music, drama etc. Even in academic, science-tech, innovation, with a population less than Delhi, Mumbai. Incredible country, incredible people. 

Edited by Gollum
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2024 at 2:02 PM, Gollum said:

Aussies punch way above their weight in Hollywood, entertainment industry, music, drama etc. Even in academic, science-tech, innovation, with a population less than Delhi, Mumbai. Incredible country, incredible people. 

not so sure about academics (I can think of more bang-for-buck from Can, for instance, with slightly higher population), but agree with rest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Vijy said:

not so sure about academics (I can think of more bang-for-buck from Can, for instance, with slightly higher population), but agree with rest.

Canada a little bit ahead, but proximity to US helps. Per capita, Scandinavian countries may be ahead, and UK/Israel/Hungary/Germany/Austria/France etc. (lots of Jews help though), still Aussies are very impressive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Gollum said:

Canada a little bit ahead, but proximity to US helps. Per capita, Scandinavian countries may be ahead, and UK/Israel/Hungary/Germany/Austria/France etc. (lots of Jews help though), still Aussies are very impressive. 

no doubt. one of the top nations in terms of overall output. spent a sabbatical or two at ANU a while back

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Gollum said:

@Lone Wolf, watched Furiosa? Jaldi kar, and give us a review. 

Finally done and dusted today.... Definitely surpassed Dune 2 for me.

 

That monologue in the end between Furiosa and Dementus was well done.  Whatta f***in Death :top:

 

Overall action in it was sparingly used compared to Fury road but it was well done.  The first war rig scene was similar to old school Max Max...

 

Anya had a weak start definitely and almost felt she didn't arrive for at least a hour in to the movie.  Only weak point I found was first hour was kinda labourous.

 

Hemsworth stole the show hands down... Dude is so much more than his cheesy Marvel roles.   His best work since Rush.

George Miller pulled this off at 79:hatsoff:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

I am going to watch Furiosa at least two more times in theatre. Liked it much more than Dune 2.

Didn't know that you are such a big fan of Ali Reza.

Always took you to be a Caruana/Prag fan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you guys like Australian movies, watch Chopper. Eric Bana played the role of his life.

 

The Castle is another good one.

 

Crocodile Dundee too.

 

Priscilla, Queen of the desert is a classic.

 

George Miller put the Australian outback on the map with the original Mad Max. Yes, it is like what is shown in the film.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/1/2024 at 11:19 PM, Lone Wolf said:

Finally done and dusted today.... Definitely surpassed Dune 2 for me.

 

That monologue in the end between Furiosa and Dementus was well done.  Whatta f***in Death :top:

 

Overall action in it was sparingly used compared to Fury road but it was well done.  The first war rig scene was similar to old school Max Max...

 

Anya had a weak start definitely and almost felt she didn't arrive for at least a hour in to the movie.  Only weak point I found was first hour was kinda labourous.

 

Hemsworth stole the show hands down... Dude is so much more than his cheesy Marvel roles.   His best work since Rush.

George Miller pulled this off at 79:hatsoff:

 

 

I think Theron would have been better as Furiosa.

 

Immortan Joe stole the show for me. The same actor played ToeCutter in the original Mad Max.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

If you guys like Australian movies, watch Chopper. Eric Bana played the role of his life.

 

The Castle is another good one.

 

Crocodile Dundee too.

 

Priscilla, Queen of the desert is a classic.

 

George Miller put the Australian outback on the map with the original Mad Max. Yes, it is like what is shown in the film.

priscilla is indeed a classic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2024 at 6:58 AM, Lone Wolf said:

I tried watching TVF stuff but I find it hard to get into Indian OTT product  tbh.  Panchayat Family Man & Scam 99 were the good ones.

I am planning on watching Netflix's Railway men based on Bhopal tragedy & has gained some global traction too. 

Panchayat season 3 holds ground with the same feel as first two. The light romance  between leads is good, and of course the language is pure desi magic. The ending is kind of messed up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...