Jump to content
EnterTheVoid

[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Australia vs India 1st test day 3 morning session. India all out for 36.

 

And I thought I just finished watching an all time great horror show in the haunting of hill House. That was nothing compared to this horror story.

GOAT horror movie today morning

Rewatched it, was a comedy movie

Next time I watch, it will be mystery movie

After that post-apocalyptic movie

Then crime movie followed by drama

It will cover all genres after few more rewatches

Even Spielberg won't give us such a complete masterpiece. 

 

Give Bewda lifetime achievement Oscar already

Edited by Gollum
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Gollum said:

GOAT horror movie today morning

Rewatched it, was a comedy movie

Next time I watch, it will be mystery movie

After that post-apocalyptic movie

Then crime movie followed by drama

It will cover all genres after few more rewatches

Even Spielberg won't give us such a complete masterpiece. 

 

Give Bewda lifetime achievement Oscar already

My worry is that this might be just season 1

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

 

 

Highly recommended - terrfic dark comedy 

 

Video can't be watched, blocked in some countries. What is the name of the movie?

 

I am hearing good things about this movie. Any reviews? It has my fav director - Vetrimaaran. But, want to skip if there is any liberal nonsense.

 

Paava Kadhaigal

 

4 short stories by 4 directors - 

Sudha Kongara ...  
Gautham Vasudev Menon ...  
Vignesh Shivan ... )
Vetrimaaran ...  

 

p.s: never mind, saw the trailer,  usual dark stories about honor, pride wound around issues of inter-religion, same-sex couple acceptance. Not my cup of tea. All good things I hear are from my liberal friends.

Edited by coffee_rules
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2020 at 2:28 PM, coffee_rules said:

 

Video can't be watched, blocked in some countries. What is the name of the movie?

 

I am hearing good things about this movie. Any reviews? It has my fav director - Vetrimaaran. But, want to skip if there is any liberal nonsense.

 

Paava Kadhaigal

 

4 short stories by 4 directors - 

Sudha Kongara ...  
Gautham Vasudev Menon ...  
Vignesh Shivan ... )
Vetrimaaran ...  

 

p.s: never mind, saw the trailer,  usual dark stories about honor, pride wound around issues of inter-religion, same-sex couple acceptance. Not my cup of tea. All good things I hear are from my liberal friends.


Paava kadhaigal is much better than expected. No libtard preaching stuff, but very disturbing sad stories. Vetrimaran one with Prakash Raj is really disturbing and sad. Sadistically tragic. But at least honest than any Bollywood movie from Anurag Kashyap. Thangam had me in tears. Kalki one was least fav, it is comically sad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Virumaandi (2004)

Coming to Amazon Prime in Pongal. One of the best action dramas from the last decade.

 

@Ankit_sharma03 If you haven't watched this before you should watch this now. This movie is an inspiration to many younger gen tamil directors. Kaithi Lokesh is a huge fan of this film. But I have to warn you the language would be pretty chaste. A story of 2 life in prison convicts from neighbouring villages and 24 murders told in parallel storylines.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

 

Virumaandi (2004)

Coming to Amazon Prime in Pongal. One of the best action dramas from the last decade.

 

@Ankit_sharma03 If you haven't watched this before you should watch this now. This movie is an inspiration to many younger gen tamil directors. Kaithi Lokesh is a huge fan of this film. But I have to warn you the language would be pretty chaste. A story of 2 life in prison convicts from neighbouring villages and 24 murders told in parallel storylines.

 

 

i have heard about this, was always looking for this online....thanks will checkit now 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2021 at 9:47 AM, Stan AF said:

 

Virumaandi (2004)

Coming to Amazon Prime in Pongal. One of the best action dramas from the last decade.

 

@Ankit_sharma03 If you haven't watched this before you should watch this now. This movie is an inspiration to many younger gen tamil directors. Kaithi Lokesh is a huge fan of this film. But I have to warn you the language would be pretty chaste. A story of 2 life in prison convicts from neighbouring villages and 24 murders told in parallel storylines.

 


It is a concept taken from the Roshomon effect of Akira Kurusawa fame. A lot of movies  have used the two narration concept (gone girl). This movie was well directed by KH, just a bit too violent for its time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Invitation

 

An indie low budget film, shot almost entirely in a house. 

 

I don't want to give away much, but its a dark film with an uneven pace. It starts off very slowly. It picks up speed in between, slows down again and is in a searing rush at the end. The uneven pace makes it even more dark. The randomness of events makes it disturbing.

 

:(( 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...