[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

17 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

will watch it then, was wanting to watch it becox opf Kauffman but the reviews werent very encouraging

Yeah, it is a divisive film. Not everyone would like it. I liked it because of its atmosphere, acting and the typical Kaufman-esque surreal treatment.

Also, there is a big reference of one of my favorite films A Woman Under the Influence (1974), which also made me like it more.

Finally, mustered courage to watch Delhi Crime, had argued and was for India banning the BBC documentary on Nirbhaya.

DC is very well made, with no voyeuristic drama of the victim, we can imagine how ghastly it is, but focuses on the police action and procedures mainly. Very well made series. Shefali Shah has performed very well

Edited by coffee_rules

The little things on HBO max. A different kind of twist ending. Denzel is amazing as usual. That MR.Robot/Freddie Mercury actor is terrible. He was good in his other roles though but didn’t suit this one. Jared Leto as usual is crazy in a good way.

Not watching a movie I am currently watching a series lol, I just started attack on titan lastweek and i CANNOT WAIT for the latest episode, and last month I just finished star wars the clone wars omg thank you dave filoni and john Favreau. 

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Seen ....its damn good. No one has done this role better then Mohan lal in any version

Waiting for the different lang versions, Even the first version, every other movie was a scene-to-scent copy, I liked the Mohanlal version besr, but enjoyed the original more when I saw the Kannada/Hindi/Tamil version due to the language issue

Watched Special Ops on Hotstar. I thought it was pretty slick. Also watched Aarya, which I thought had good ideas but fell short in execution of plot line and character development. Once you watch an episode or two, the characters become familiar and you keep pressing "Next episode" to catch up with the happenings in their lives! 

10 hours ago, maniac said:

Apocalypto directed by Mel Gibson. What a movie :hail:

Mel Gibson is a genius.

Always avoided it thinking it will be boring but man whatta movie.

I need to get a 4k copy of this.

There have been criticisms of this film with Mel Gibson's portrayal of the Mayans as savages , which is not exactly true.

There are suggestions that he justifies the elimination of Mayans by Conquistadors , that the Spanish settlers "civilized" the Mayans when in fact, they wiped out 90% of the indigenous population. 

2 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

There have been criticisms of this film with Mel Gibson's portrayal of the Mayans as savages , which is not exactly true.

There are suggestions that he justifies the elimination of Mayans by Conquistadors , that the Spanish settlers "civilized" the Mayans when in fact, they wiped out 90% of the indigenous population. 

Were they Mayans or Aztec..  I thought Aztecs were real bunch of savages.  By the time conquisdators reached Americas Mayans were in decline..  Also Aztecs sacrificed Mayans & other tribes in thousands annually. 

Anyways Apocalypto was great movie overall.