The cult Soka Gakai International (SGI) group which has taken over the youths of India

Cricketics

16 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Great to hear an account from a person who went through. I know there are many around Northern India especially and also now spreading all over India. This in 192 countries and the cult keep spreading. I am glad people like you can come out and share your stories. 

Also, my first question to all these guys, what happens to Lotus Sutra? If these people strive upon teaching Nicheren Budhism, then why don't they teach Lotus Sutra, instead of keep telling people to "pray for them" and chant just the same mantra every time. 

Lotus Sutra is the basis of many different schools of Buddhism & Nichiren is one of those schools. Lotus Sutra is simply not a 4-word mantra which everybody loves to chant for hours, instead it is a very detailed scripture which could be studied. In SGI they do encourage to learn about various teachings of Nichiren & ask their seniors for help in understanding it.
Now here comes the fun part- as all those overpriced books, journals are published by SGI itself they have deliberately subverted the scriptures & removed the name of Buddha by distorting it & to confuse naive reader. Ikeda & other founders did the brainwashing of others on a grand scale & call it as reform. Those who have studied Buddhist scriptures for decades esp. of Nichiren school have called out Ikeda's fraud. If they teach it the right way Ikeda's deceit will be called out & how he would be called as great messaiah of peace from Japan. Hence all this subversion & name calling against his critics. One on one in a debate, he will be destroyed in no time such is the logical fallacy which has been celebrated instead.
Coming back at an individual level, not everybody who holds a position is an avid learner of these scriptures so when a senior gets approached by a beginner they shoo them asking saying that he/she lacks faith & isn't trying hard or his interpretation is completely wrong. Many senior people who spent decades were left disillusioned & deliberately humiliated because of such tactics.

16 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Another thing I came to know that anyone who is not from middle class or basially can't understand Engish isn't allowed. This is what i heard about the ones based in India. Am not sure how true this is, probably you can confirm that better. 

I don't think those who cannot understand English weren't allowed but such people were definitely at a disadvantage as the reading material were only in English language. During the meetings, the experiences which needed to be shared had to be spoken in English in front of all. Most of the people were uncomfortable & many used to by heart a few sentences to utter in public. I vividly remember a young college student who lacked confidence because of his stammering, they didn't allow him to speak in Hindi. Not that they wanted to ridicule him as such but they didn't want to break the usage of English as lingua franca in meetings for anyone.

Edited by Turning_track

10 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

Lotus Sutra is the basis of many different schools of Buddhism & Nichiren is one of those schools. Lotus Sutra is simply not a 4-word mantra which everybody loves to chant for hours, instead it is a very detailed scripture which could be studied. In SGI they do encourage to learn about various teachings of Nichiren & ask their seniors for help in understanding it.
Now here comes the fun part- as all those overpriced books, journals are published by SGI itself they have deliberately subverted the scriptures & removed the name of Buddha by distorting it & to confuse naive reader. Ikeda & other founders did the brainwashing of others on a grand scale & call it as reform. Those who have studied Buddhist scriptures for decades esp. of Nichiren school have called out Ikeda's fraud. If they teach it the right way Ikeda's deceit will be called out & how he would be called as great messaiah of peace from Japan. Hence all this subversion & name calling his critics. One on one in a debate, he will be destroyed in no time such is the logical fallacy which has been celebrated instead.
Coming back at an individual level, not everybody who holds a position is an avid learner of these scriptures so when get approached by a beginner they shoo them asking saying that he/she lacks faith & isn't trying hard or his interpretation is completely wrong. Many senior people who spent decades were left disillusioned & deliberately humiliated because of such tactics.

I don't think those who cannot understand English weren't allowed but such people were definitely at a disadvantage as the reading material were only in English language. During the meetings, the experiences which needed to be shared had to be spoken in English in front of all. Most of the people were uncomfortable & many used to by heart a few sentences to utter in public. I vividly remember a young college student who lacked confidence because of his stammering, they didn't allow him to speak in Hindi. Not that they wanted to ridicule him as such but they didn't want to break the usage of English as lingua franca in meetings for anyone.

My whole thing with these guys is that these guys try to oversimplify Nicheren Budhism and that distorts this kind of Budhism eventually.

Also, how come there is no PHD level scholar there as a mentor or a leader who knows Nicheren Budhism in an out. A leader is supposed to guide the new members and should know his stuff. Pandits in Hindu temple know their Gita, Gurus inside Gurudwaras knows Guru Granth sahab, Maulvis know their Quoran, Rabbis know their Torah but how come this cult don’t have any such leader who is a scholar who is try to guide its new members in this insane hierarchial mess.

Heck, I have read that Nicheren Shoshu, the group from which SGI was excommunicated in 1990, in their temples they still teach proper Budhism which is taught by scholars.