TRUMP VS BIDEN - Fox Presidential Debate thread - 9/29/2020

Cricketics

1 hour ago, First class said:

For God sake , what are you talking about. No one likes to pay taxes but there there is a limit how much you can make deduction under the law, beyond that you got to pay. If I do what Trump has done.  , I will go to jail in no time , IRS is THE most powerful government agency in USA. I hate Dems, they always raise taxes but what Trump is doing made me sooooooooo angry as I pay about 40% of my income in Taxes even after taking all possible deduction and paying professional fee to an expensive CPA for that. 

I hope he loses the election and face the consequences of his corruption and not paying the taxes for 15 years. 

I hope he loses the election too.  For a million different reasons.  But taxes ain't one of them.  

10 hours ago, First class said:

For God sake , what are you talking about. No one likes to pay taxes but there there is a limit how much you can make deduction under the law, beyond that you got to pay. If I do what Trump has done.  , I will go to jail in no time , IRS is THE most powerful government agency in USA. I hate Dems, they always raise taxes but what Trump is doing made me sooooooooo angry as I pay about 40% of my income in Taxes even after taking all possible deduction and paying professional fee to an expensive CPA for that. 

I hope he loses the election and face the consequences of his corruption and not paying the taxes for 15 years. 

You can make as much deductions as Trump or Jeff Bezos as long as they are deductible as per tax accounting purpose.

Edited by mishra

As long as evil Trump is to be kept out, the drawbacks of the other side can be totally slid under the carpet. Fed measures on covid wee his shortcomings, but what happened to state with Dem govs Cuomos and the likes? How has Trump hurt USA economically? But he is a white bigot and should be kept out of WH, while the other is as clueless as Sarah Palin.

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

As long as evil Trump is to be kept out, the drawbacks of the other side can be totally slid under the carpet. Fed measures on covid wee his shortcomings, but what happened to state with Dem govs Cuomos and the likes? How has Trump hurt USA economically? But he is a white bigot and should be kept out of WH, while the other is as clueless as Sarah Palin.

Infact , I guess, US has done best among all developed economies.

Count of Number of dead, number of infections are bi product of how honest and capable the government has been. Every Government in West and East has lied to a varying degree or has been incapable of detecting in varying degree.

Once again, Every country has humans living in them, not superhumans like in China and Pakistan

One question? How come all major republican states are doing allright while all Democrats run major states need Bailouts?

Are Democrats states are ones where there is  a big mass of voters living on State handout? Do  people living on benefits vote democrats?

Or is it just that Democrats are pathetic when it comes to economy.

1 hour ago, mishra said:

One question? How come all major republican states are doing allright while all Democrats run major states need Bailouts?

Are Democrats states are ones where there is  a big mass of voters living on State handout? Do  people living on benefits vote democrats?

That's a popular cliche in America, and there is a lot of truth in there. However, let me expand it more. More than states, most democrat run cities and not states are the ones where the problem begin. Not that all Republicans are doing great, but places like Chicago etc have become shyt in the last few years. 

Chicago is almost a crime capital now in the country when it used to be one of the best city earlier. 

12 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

That's a popular cliche in America, and there is a lot of truth in there. However, let me expand it more. More than states, most democrat learned cities and not states are the ones where the problem begin. Not that all Republicans are doing great, but places like Chicago etc have become shyt in the last few years. 

Chicago is almost a crime capital now in the country when it used to be one of the best city earlier. 

So Biden should win there? Or do better than last election between Democrats and republicans?

23 minutes ago, mishra said:

So Biden should win there? Or do better than last election between Democrats and republicans?

Anyone other than thel current lady should be the mayor of Chicago at this time. Honestly, chiicago is crazy city, which has history of corruption and probably the most poor run city in the whole country. A lot of its leaders be it Republican or Democrat have been involved in corruption. 

Biden is likely going to win there anyway because chicago is very much a blue area and Illinois where Chicago resides is a state which has been Blue for a long long time. 

2 hours ago, mishra said:

What is the source of this assertion ? I believe it is exactly the opposite.

For instance, see (other than NM, 21 of top 25 are red states):

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

Edited by punjabi_khota

43 minutes ago, punjabi_khota said:

What is the source of this assertion ? I believe it is exactly the opposite.

For instance, see (other than NM, 21 of top 25 are red states):

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

read this too on cities.

State are too big a comparison in country like USA where states are bigger than some countries. However looking at the granular level helps to see how cities perform within a state. 

https://amac.us/americas-25-worst-cities-are-democrat-led-the-answer-new-leaders/

Regrdless, the premise is its futile and useless to look at data comprising of state level stat. This isn't Europe. 

Some counties in Illinois are run really well which come under different cities. Even go as far as Maryland where Baltimore is run like shyt by Mayor while in rest of the state the economy is booming always and Maryland remains to be one of the richest state in the country. Btw, Maryland's state governor is Republican and not Democrat. 

A lot of cities and its mayor have more say than governors. Hogan doesn't have much control over Baltimore as much as the mayor has. Same happens in New York, which will be a great examle. NY along with Chicago are right up there with corruption. Meanwhile,. Larry Hogan does a great job being a Republican in a state which has generally voted blue most times. 

2 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Regrdless, the premise is its futile and useless to look at data comprising of state level stat. This isn't Europe. 

Some counties in Illinois are run really well which come under different cities. Even go as far as Maryland where Baltimore is run like shyt by Mayor while in rest of the state the economy is booming always and Maryland remains to be one of the richest state in the country. Btw, Maryland's state governor is Republican and not Democrat. 

A lot of cities and its mayor have more say than governors. Hogan doesn't have much control over Baltimore as much as the mayor has. Same happens in New York, which will be a great examle. NY along with Chicago are right up there with corruption. Meanwhile,. Larry Hogan does a great job being a Republican in a state which has generally voted blue most times. 

Here in UK its same. Most cities are labour because  Resident in these cities have a very big number of voters living on state handout.  Councils of these cities have no facilities and Areas are loosing public/green spaces at alarming rates. However, Situation is so poor that someone not living in the same city, won agianst a serious career politician because Her qualification was wearing hijaab.

Democrats are raising crazy amount of money. Trump seems to have motivated corporate as well lot of Americans. South Carolina senator Lindsey graham might not win this time. His leading by 1 pt or tied up with his democratic counterpart. India needs to understand the repercussions of US elections and tread carefully with China. They should be on guard from now till elections are complete.