Natrajan appreciation thread

Ankit_sharma03

Don't like trundlers but nattu is an

exemption. He is good and gets the work done for his group indeed with all his impediments. Adore his down to earth attittude towards the game , doesn't have quick short ball or genuine pace  to keep batters in check but he makes up for this with great reliable yorker bowling at death.

Ball to AB last night was amazing, he is progressing well.

Edited by speedheat

10 hours ago, kruiser said:

I like his bowling.. more than bowling he has the "luck factor.. Watch the replays - ABD on any other day could have smoked it down the straight boundary but got cleaned up today! 

Nope no luck factor involved, that yorker was too good even for well set AB.

Guys like Natarajan are the reason I have come to respect the IPL and take pride in it, despite starting with a feeling of contempt for it, and even now not watching it regularly. 

Because it gives someone socially and economically disadvantaged, even crippled, like Natarajan a chance at a expressing their talents and access to a life that otherwise would have been spent as a labourer or best a petty employee in some nameless town.  A chance they'd never have otherwise.

Goddamn, this feels so good.  

IPL zindabad!

It's true that Natarajan's story has been heartwarming .  His raise from a small village to people favorite is truly inspiring to everyone and his hard work and dedication paid him well and he deserves all the acclaim that he is getting now.

But now that he is selected for India and would at least play a game against Australia, can we be more objective in his analysis. I mean, yes his rags to riches story is great but that wont matter when he plays the international game, as only the results matter there. Is he really ready to represent India against a top nation in a away game? Is he a good contender for India in it's WT20 plans?

From what I have seen,

Positives. 

• Obv, Good yorker abilities. With this much dew, the amount of yorkers he bowled was great. 
  • Doesnt seem to choke much. Has good confidence on his abilities
  • He bowled couple of maidens, that too inside powerplays. And one match were he conceded less than 3 rpo in Sharjah, which is phenomenol.
  • For a friendly pace he is bowling, he never had a 50 run innings in any matches. Highest he conceded was 0/46. And only three more 40+ and took two wickets in all those three spells. For an uncapped bowler who bowls majority in death overs, this is good stat.

Negatives:

• He seems predictable in the death overs. He doesn't vary the pace much and doesn't have good pace to bowl bouncers to surprise batsmen. So if batsmen were set to move across he could concede a lot of runs as he did against RR.
  • Also, I feel he is more comfortable bowling yorkers to left handers than to right handers. He seemed lacking control when bowling to right handers. 
  • His fielding is not great.
  • And batting as well, which is not needed much but if Chahal, Bumrah and Natarajan plays together, thats three No11s we would have in the batting. Hope we wont be needing their batting prowess in T20s.
  • For all his great yorker ability he has never took more then two wickets in an innings, even when bowling to tail enders. So his wicket taking ability needs to be improved. 

He missed a handful of yorkers which were converted to hittable full tosses as well but I wont hold it much against him at this point of time due to dew 

We all would love to see a underdog winning big, but one side I feel we kind of rushed him to the national side before he could polish couple of his rough edges and improved his skills but on the other hand, since age is not in his favor, I feel its better give him a chance now , when he is form and people favorite, than to wait and completely forget him once he have a bad ipl season.  

Edited by Sonix768

2 hours ago, Sonix768 said:

It's true that Natarajan's story has been heartwarming .  His raise from a small village to people favorite is truly inspiring to everyone and his hard work and dedication paid him well and he deserves all the acclaim that he is getting now.

But now that he is selected for India and would at least play a game against Australia, can we be more objective in his analysis. I mean, yes his rags to riches story is great but that wont matter when he plays the international game, as only the results matter there. Is he really ready to represent India against a top nation in a away game? Is he a good contender for India in it's WT20 plans?

From what I have seen,

Positives. 

• Obv, Good yorker abilities. With this much dew, the amount of yorkers he bowled was great. 
  • Doesnt seem to choke much. Has good confidence on his abilities
  • He bowled couple of maidens, that too inside powerplays. And one match were he conceded less than 3 rpo in Sharjah, which is phenomenol.
  • For a friendly pace he is bowling, he never had a 50 run innings in any matches. Highest he conceded was 0/46. And only three more 40+ and took two wickets in all those three spells. For an uncapped bowler who bowls majority in death overs, this is good stat.

Negatives:

• He seems predictable in the death overs. He doesn't vary the pace much and doesn't have good pace to bowl bouncers to surprise batsmen. So if batsmen were set to move across he could concede a lot of runs as he did against RR.
  • Also, I feel he is more comfortable bowling yorkers to left handers than to right handers. He seemed lacking control when bowling to right handers. 
  • His fielding is not great.
  • And batting as well, which is not needed much but if Chahal, Bumrah and Natarajan plays together, thats three No11s we would have in the batting. Hope we wont be needing their batting prowess in T20s.
  • For all his great yorker ability he has never took more then two wickets in an innings, even when bowling to tail enders. So his wicket taking ability needs to be improved. 

He missed a handful of yorkers which were converted to hittable full tosses as well but I wont hold it much against him at this point of time due to dew 

We all would love to see a underdog winning big, but one side I feel we kind of rushed him to the national side before he could polish couple of his rough edges and improved his skills but on the other hand, since age is not in his favor, I feel its better give him a chance now , when he is form and people favorite, than to wait and completely forget him once he have a bad ipl season.  

He is already close to 30. He won't be perfect but he will have a role to play. Don't expect everyone to bowl like Bumrah. He isn't express but has decent pace. If you can beat Abdv, you can beat anyone.