KL Rahul: "Strike rate’s very very over-rated.

Ankit_sharma03

Of course his comments are loony.

But I'm going to go against the grain and say that maybe KL Rahul requires sympathy (even pity) of the fans more than their scorn at this moment. 

The guy has captained his side to 4-5 consecutive defeats. In 3 of them they've lost by more than 50 runs. He is obviously not in the right frame of mind to have an extended press conference. Also some of the questions asked are basically taunts in the garb of a question. He is going to say dumb stuff and at times react to the questions.

Maybe a more seasoned captain would have handled this a lot better. Maybe KL Rahul will get there at some point of time.

But now he looks totally lost. On the field and during the pressers. I hope this IPL doesn't make a long term dent in his confidence.

Last season and the year before, he was on a different level batting wise. His batting has also been hit.

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

But I'm going to go against the grain and say that maybe KL Rahul requires sympathy (even pity) of the fans more than their scorn at this moment. 

The guy has captained his side to 4-5 consecutive defeats. In 3 of them they've lost by more than 50 runs. He is obviously not in the right frame of mind to have an extended press conference. Also some of the questions asked are basically taunts in the garb of a question. He is going to say dumb stuff and at times react to the questions.

Maybe a more seasoned captain would have handled this a lot better. Maybe KL Rahul will get there at some point of time.

But now he looks totally lost. On the field and during the pressers. I hope this IPL doesn't make a long term dent in his confidence.

Last season and the year before, he was on a different level batting wise. His batting has also been hit.

He is still a top scorer this season and with a good SR, over 300 runs at an SR of 136, but he needs to bat freely. Only way he can win games for his team. Timid approach never works.

Edited by rkt.india

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

With everyone else falling like dominos around him on that team (what the eff does Maxwell do anyway?) he is having to carry the load.  I think what he meant was that SR is over-rated if your average is 8.333.  Or, this year, my role is to stick it out and bat around the others so they can play freely with high SR.  And then I can smash it overs 17-20.  

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Since teams rarely get all out in T20s ... T20 is almost exclusively about strike rates. 

The Team with the higher SR score more and win. 

What else is there ?

Well you can always take it deep and then play for the NRR