Anyone remembers DOUGLAS MARILLIER's knock against India?

3 hours ago, gattaca said:

This zimboks first win india. Zak looked clueless. Also he slammed few sixers off olanga. Olanga redeemed himself after in the end by scoring by scoring some runs. 

No. Actually first win for Zimbabwe in India came about a year before this win in the 3rd ODI of the 5 match series. 

They beat even a better Indian team that time. 

scorecard

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/15599/scorecard/64682/india-vs-zimbabwe-3rd-odi-zimbabwe-tour-of-india-2000-01

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

No. Actually first win for Zimbabwe in India came about a year before this win in the 3rd ODI of the 5 match series. 

They beat even a better Indian team that time. 

scorecard

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/15599/scorecard/64682/india-vs-zimbabwe-3rd-odi-zimbabwe-tour-of-india-2000-01

Right this is the one where Zak hit sixers of olanga. Mistaken as this match. 

Why was Cricket so much fun in those days and every defeat hurt like a personal loss ? Even matches against Kenya were followed with great enthusiasm. Doubt now a days anyone would watch a Zimbabwe India Odi series except the die-hards, even who will not care much about a win or a loss.

21 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Right this is the one where Zak hit sixers of olanga. Mistaken as this match. 

That series where Zak hit 4 Sixes was played in White Clothing. I think Agarkar scored 25 Balls 67* in one of the matches of the same series. It was yet another keenly followed series where a lot of us fans were hoping for a clean sweep which didn't happen. 

The match which is being  discussed in the OP was played in coloured clothing so obviously not the same series.

IIRC India lost that match where Zak Hit 4 Sixes off Olonga, it was a tight finish in the end and Zimbabwe won the match.

I remember more about the details of series' that were played 20-23 years ago than the series played during the last 5 years . That was a very enjoyable and memorable period as an Innocent India Cricket Fan.

Edited by rageaddict
6 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

That series where Zak hit 4 Sixes was played in White Clothing. I think Agarkar scored 25 Balls 67* in one of the matches of the same series. It was yet another keenly followed series where a lot of us fans were hoping for a clean sweep which didn't happen. 

The match which is being  discussed in the OP was played in coloured clothing so obviously not the same series.

IIRC India lost that match where Zak Hit 4 Sixes off Olonga, it was a tight finish in the end and Zimbabwe won the match.

I remember more about the details of series' that were played 20-23 years ago than the series played during the last 5 years . That was a very enjoyable and memorable period as an Innocent India Cricket Fan.

Yes, as posted earlier, that was our first loss to Zim at home. And also here are those 4 sixes and also the scorecard

15 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

I used to wonder too why that is the case. And I have come to the understanding that during our childhood when we watched these games, our child memory used to be great of course but also another thing is that now there is way too much cricket like too many t20 leagues, a a lot of cricket series being played by national sides, plenty of t20 international series etc that you are bound to now forget things like which sri lankan odi series is this so and ao highlights from(since we play sri lanka every few months).

If you notice we still tend to remember current or recent test matches like we remember odi’s of the 90s, however when it comes to recent t20 and 50 over cricket series these days, our memory is fading out because thode forms of

cricket are what is happening a lot more.

1 hour ago, rageaddict said:

Why was Cricket so much fun in those days and every defeat hurt like a personal loss ? Even matches against Kenya were followed with great enthusiasm. Doubt now a days anyone would watch a Zimbabwe India Odi series except the die-hards, even who will not care much about a win or a loss.

Its called growing up.