IPL Match 37 | RR v CSK | 19-Oct-2020 | Abu Dhabi #IPL2020

zen

Which team will win (or if you can't decide -> the team you support)?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• The Wild Wild West (RR)
    • The Whistle Phodus (CSK)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/19/2020 at 02:30 PM

I support youngsters and would like it if talented ones are given opportunities but the teams are out there to win the cup and will go with the best combination in its opinion. As fans, we may want to see how youngster X does v quality international players but that is not a franchise's concern esp. when it comes to fielding an optimized 11 

This is the 13th IPL and many fans still continue on as if IPL is some kind of a grooming ground. If the limit to overseas players is taken away, we may find even less youngsters given chances. 

Players are also not auditioning for India in IPL. They are just out there to play a role for their team. If they do well in their assigned roles (which can even be different from what they are assigned when playing for Team Ind), they can come into limelight to be considered for a place in the T20s/ODIs squad (but the key goal of the players is to do well for the franchise esp. since they play in a professional capacity) 

Edited by zen

2 minutes ago, zen said:

I support youngsters and would like it if talented ones are given opportunities but the teams are out there to win the cup and will go with the best combination in its opinion. As fans, we may want to see how youngster X does v quality international players but that is not a franchises concern esp. when it comes to fielding an optimized 11  

This is the 13th IPL and many fans still continue on as if IPL is some kind of a grooming ground. If the limit to overseas players is taken away, we may find even less youngsters given chances. 

Players are also not auditioning for India in IPL. They are just out there to play a role for their team. If they do well in their assigned roles (which can be different from Team Ind), they can come into limelight to be considered for a place in the T20s/ODIs squad. 

your point would have been relevant if it was not made about teams which have players like Jhadav, Watson and the perormances they gave so far

Srini mama make the call now. Need complete overhaul of the team including captain and the other oldies. Make a bold move. Bring in Stokes or Buttler and make him captain and encourage new players such as Jagadeesan. There are plenty of TNPL players such as Natarajan who are going to srh and other teams. most of the tamil talent is playing for kkr (DK), DC (Ashwin), RCB (Sundar) etc. Dhoni and his management of the team was good until 2018 but time consumes everything. Make Dhoni as a mentor or other money laundering schemes and get a new team. Fleming is a good coach IMO and must be retained.

Edited by Real McCoy

Just now, New guy said:

your point would have been relevant if it was not made about teams which have players like Jhadav, Watson and the perormances they gave so far

Honestly, not your concern esp. if you do not even support that team 

4 minutes ago, New guy said:

And you do?

As I said, if they can accommodate a talented youngster esp. if he is good enough to be in the 11, great .... Like Tyagi over Unadkat/Rajpoot as he is better than those two, imo. No,  if he is not and that to just to play youngsters. And that is because RR is among the teams I follow. 

Edited by zen

1 minute ago, zen said:

As I said, if they can accommodate a talented youngster esp. if he is good enough to be in the 11, great .... Like Tyagi over Unadkat/Rajpoot as he is better than those two, imo. No,  if he is not and that to just to play youngsters. And that is because RR is among the teams I follow. 

Lol, I was talking about CSK

And coming back to CSK, surely Tahir is very experienced and not a youngster?

Edited by New guy