Kris Srikkanth rips apart Dhoni in Star Sports Tamil post match show

Gollum

11 minutes ago, beetle said:

Nehra and Bangar come out in support to Dhoni. Articles about how good he is as a wk keeper this ipl ....Dhoni PR is like the demon's head...you cut one and multiples spout out ...:blink:

Now only his WK against Spin skill is intact, so that will be the agenda point for rest of IPL :dance:

7 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Look at the entitlement of these CSK fans as if playoff is a guaranteed spot for them. It's ok you miss out some time & this will be only the first time, so it happens. MI also didn't make 2 play-offs in last 5 years.

But what these experts & fans are saying they should have said last year or during the last auction, when Dhoni absolutely splurged the money on has beens like Chawla & continued to back Jadhav. They should have seen this coming with the myopic side they assembled 3 years ago.

Also, the biggest factor is Raina, Dhoni as a captain suffers considerably without Raina, ur was visible even in 2016 when he had a average season with RPS without Raina.

If I were the CSK fan, I ll be delighted with te returns in last 3 years, 1 win & 1 runner up trophy. That is gold with an ageing, short sighted team they picked up. Now, multiple factors have combined to bite them in the back.

Good time now to invest in the youth & back players who ll play next year. Get Williamson on board next year.

It's not entitlement, they are hurt at the mediocrity and idiocy in selection and are speaking out against stuff that doesn't make any sense.

Chennai crowds appreciate good cricket even from the opposition.

13 hours ago, Scarface said:

Pista = great
Srikanth says "Dhoni maybe Pista, Dhoni is great - I agree. Dhoni is somewhere else (high achiever) and I am somewhere else (low achiever). That doesn't matter. I don't agree (with Dhoni's decisions today)"

All other translations are already good emoji106.png

PS : Not a CSK or Dhoni fan, so what a guilty pleasure to translate this emoji38.png

pista can also be used to mock greatness. but here he said dhoni is great. ex: ivaru periya pista can be mocking

7 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Look at the entitlement of these CSK fans as if playoff is a guaranteed spot for them. It's ok you miss out some time & this will be only the first time, so it happens. MI also didn't make 2 play-offs in last 5 years.

But what these experts & fans are saying they should have said last year or during the last auction, when Dhoni absolutely splurged the money on has beens like Chawla & continued to back Jadhav. They should have seen this coming with the myopic side they assembled 3 years ago.

Also, the biggest factor is Raina, Dhoni as a captain suffers considerably without Raina, ur was visible even in 2016 when he had a average season with RPS without Raina.

If I were the CSK fan, I ll be delighted with te returns in last 3 years, 1 win & 1 runner up trophy. That is gold with an ageing, short sighted team they picked up. Now, multiple factors have combined to bite them in the back.

Good time now to invest in the youth & back players who ll play next year. Get Williamson on board next year.

Its not an entitlement. I can accept not reaching the playoffs if they tried to show some intent and failed. I don't know about most CSK fans, but I knew reaching playoffs was far fetched this season and most probably next few seasons with out without grandpa XI. Think about 125/5 yesterday. If they tried harder and put aside their ego they could have pushed for 150 all out. CSK has pretty decent lower order players. Chahar and Thakur are not Chahal. Even Hazlewood and Piyush could score some runs. In fact, if Dhoni had got out looking for sixes and sent Chahar and Thakur up instead of scooter Jadhav, CSK would have been better off.

3 hours ago, beetle said:

Nehra and Bangar come out in support to Dhoni. Articles about how good he is as a wk keeper this ipl ....Dhoni PR is like the demon's head...you cut one and multiples spout out ...:blink:

The thing which is most surprising is how is he getting these people to support him. 

7 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

That was gavaskar

That was Kapil's team (the same core which won them 1983 world cup).If selectors had any brains then, he would have remained captain.Gavaskar had no business of becoming India's odi captain.

Still, Kapil's team reached semis in 1987 world cup. How many ICC tournaments did Dhoni's teams miss knock outs. 

6 hours ago, nevada said:

It's not entitlement, they are hurt at the mediocrity and idiocy in selection and are speaking out against stuff that doesn't make any sense.

Chennai crowds appreciate good cricket even from the opposition.

5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Its not an entitlement. I can accept not reaching the playoffs if they tried to show some intent and failed. I don't know about most CSK fans, but I knew reaching playoffs was far fetched this season and most probably next few seasons with out without grandpa XI. Think about 125/5 yesterday. If they tried harder and put aside their ego they could have pushed for 150 all out. CSK has pretty decent lower order players. Chahar and Thakur are not Chahal. Even Hazlewood and Piyush could score some runs. In fact, if Dhoni had got out looking for sixes and sent Chahar and Thakur up instead of scooter Jadhav, CSK would have been better off.

Chennai have had great years of succes, one odd year can always be an average one. It was all good when it was working & they were winning matches. You can say whatever you want for this season, ultimately they didn't have the team or personnel to do anything special in this tournament. It was mostly a limited & ageing side, most of them had their best years behind them. Dhoni kept on giving excuses one after another right from the 2nd game onwards (Rayudu is being missed, batsman are not in form, batsman playing slowly etc) & backed his old tactics, however after yesterday's game he finally made peace with the fact the team he assembled is no good anymore & his age old tactics have also ran their course. He accepted his defeat yesterday.

However, I won't underestimate CSK for the next year, more than Dhoni, it is their owners India Cements who have ran cricket teams since so long & they know how to run successful teams. I would say the golden era of Dhoni is over for them, however I think he will play one more season but the prudent thing would be get a new captain next year itself. 

@Real McCoy they tried & showed intent even in post match interviews lol ( the bakchodi about batsmen upfront need to bat more swiftly) but the ability had deserted most of their stars