Indian team for Australian Team to be selected later this Week, Saini will be the 4th seamer and Siraj, Thakur will fight for the 5th seamer.

There is still 8 weeks for the test series to start. Can Pant shed his extra weight in this time in a healthy way? He was our second best batsman in last series, hope we don't miss his services

This whole issue shows the incompetency of BCCI. Why couldn't they check with players regularly about their fitness levels during covid time off? 

Edited by Serpico

If there is no underlying health reasons then this was pathetic from Pant really, noone else to blame but himself. He knows he is fighting for his place in the side and all eyes are on him, waiting for him to fail perhaps and he lets himself go right now, in his peak years. These guys must be having their personal fitness trainers, wonder what they get paid for.

9 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

If there is no underlying health reasons then this was pathetic from Pant really, noone else to blame but himself. He knows he is fighting for his place in the side and all eyes are on him, waiting for him to fail perhaps and he lets himself go right now, in his peak years. These guys must be having their personal fitness trainers, wonder what they get paid for.

Fitness problems aside, his keeping has regressed .. I remember atleast 1 miss every match of IPL. A fit keeper would convert even half chances and with Pant,  I fear for our bowlers 

Huge fan of Pant but the bloke barely looks like a cricketer in this IPL this year due to his fitness. Clearly gained a lot of weight, yes BCCI should've been looking at it too but Pant is an contracted cricketer and he has a responsibility to take care of himself. Same goes for Rohit Sharma tbf. 

Pant has regressed alarmingly,looked embarrassingly out of shape ,his body weight has disturbed his flow rythm, everything,

He should be ashamed of his fitness, playing for national team is something which can't be taken for granted,more or less it will and is affecting his career

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Fair enough but wud the rules be same for Rohit sharma

Good that they have paid heed to this thing,i have been saying this for a while now Pant is extremely important for our future red ball side and will excel only if stays fit,he clearly looked overweight and locked , not in flow , wasn't able to execute his bread and butter shots as before so far

My thoughts:

Tests   ODIs   T20Is
Rohit   Rohit   Rohit
Mayank   Dhawan   Rahul
Pujara   Virat   Virat
Virat   Iyer   Iyer
Vihari   Rahul   Surya Kumar
Rahane   Pandya   Pandya
Pant   Jadeja   Jadeja
Jadeja   Bumrah   Bumrah
Ishant   Shami   Shami
Bumrah   Saini   Saini
Shami   Chahal   Chahal

Saini   D Chahar   D Chahar
Umesh       Natarajan?
Saha   Pant       Samson
Gill   Shankar   Mayank
Shaw   Manish    
Kuldeep   Kuldeep   Sundar
1 hour ago, Sooda said:

My thoughts:

Tests   ODIs   T20Is
Rohit   Rohit   Rohit
Mayank   Dhawan   Rahul
Pujara   Virat   Virat
Virat   Iyer   Iyer
Vihari   Rahul   Surya Kumar
Rahane   Pandya   Pandya
Pant   Jadeja   Jadeja
Jadeja   Bumrah   Bumrah
Ishant   Shami   Shami
Bumrah   Saini   Saini
Shami   Chahal   Chahal

Saini   D Chahar   D Chahar
Umesh       Natarajan?
Saha   Pant       Samson
Gill   Shankar   Mayank
Shaw   Manish    
Kuldeep   Kuldeep   Sundar

Good picks, I would give Ishan Kishan a go in t20. I think its time to give these guys chance when they are doing better in a format. And t20 is where you give them even more chances. 

Alsoo, I would put Shubman Gill in 50 over line up. Gill has to be given a chance in 50 overs. Right now in IPL, he is looking good for a 50 over tournament. Not too ready for t20 which is a good sign for Indian cricket honestly. 

BaDDi MakkLu (rough translation = kameenay).

What's the point in announcing 2 weeks earlier that they will announce the team 1 week later and leak info on who may be in or out and not announce the week they were supposed to announce and make us thadap about it? 

Just do it quietly.

Call a press conference and pass out copies of the 12x17 paper with mis-spelt names. 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict