IPL Match 46 | Kings XI vs KKR | 26-Oct-2020 | Sharjah !!!

velu

23 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

We are so spoilt!  Growing up, SR of 60 was like, wow!  We had to endure the likes of Geoff Boycott and Chris Tavare.  And there was a Karnataka bat Kamal Tandon - there was one match that I think they were playing for a draw and he batted so slowly, my radio's battery fell asleep.   

I also used to carry the radio to college. In fact many people would carry radio in trains and live score was never an issue. 60 overs ODI matches and the rest day in tests. How the game has changed. 

Yeh aakashvaani hai. And the 15 minutes classical instumental music played at 1 p.m. everyday before the news.

5 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I also used to carry the radio to college. In fact many people would carry radio in trains and live score was never an issue. 60 overs ODI matches and the rest day in tests. How the game has changed. 

Yeh aakashvaani hai. And the 15 minutes classical instumental music played at 1 p.m. everyday before the news.

Vividh Bharthi is da Bomb (is still) - The morning programs were Bhule Bisre Geet followed by Sangeet Sarita. Then programs in Kannada. 7PM Jayamala, and later at 10 Chaya Geet and Aapki farmaish. I have spent a lot of days in college hostel without watching TV, solely on radio. 

4 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

And we used to have debates about whether Ravi Chaturvedi or Sushil Doshi was the better commentator.  

6 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Vividh Bharthi is da Bomb (is still) - The morning programs were Bhule Bisre Geet followed by Sangeet Sarita. Then programs in Kannada. 7PM Jayamala, and later at 10 Chaya Geet and Aapki farmaish. I have spent a lot of days in college hostel without watching TV, solely on radio. 

For songs I was more into using Gramophone. Had collection of atleast 100 gramophone circular discs. Pukar, Betaab, Aradhana, Kaalia, Guide, Namak Haraam. You name any movie of 60's,70's and 80's, I almost had a disc of all of them. I don't think  anyone else had gramophone in our whole locality. Trying to sort out the gramophone pin all by hand if the disc music was not played. Radio was good too, but I used to listen to classical at 1 p.m. and at night when the radio stations used to close with last half hour dedicated to music. 

Haha Aap ki farmaish....Lucknow se guddu, Guddu ki behan chaaya, chaaya ke mata pita aur saare pariwar ki farmaaish.... That in itself went on for about 20 or 30 seconds.