NSE/BSE Trading/Investing thread !!!

velu

On 6/7/2021 at 10:48 AM, Straight Drive said:

I do not like IDFC as it hasn't given good performances I.n fact from whatever has happened with ILFS, IDFC, Edelweiss, I stay as much away from Wholesale lenders except for HDFC which I have had in my portfolio before but booked profits.

IDFC First Bank exposure to Vodafone is 3240 cr which is slightly more than 3 % of their loan book. If struggling Vodafone manages to pay IDFC First, it will be great for IDFC First Bank. The overhang of that exposure has been a major downfall for IDFC First Bank.

Listening to you and to my own gut feel I mostly exited IDFC Ltd. At 51.5.... bought at 32-33,2 yrs back...

5 hours ago, velu said:

many freak trades happening now .. 

few days back 37100 put went from 400 to 1950 in a minute and went back to 450rs 

today 3600 put went from 90 to 750rs and cooled down to 160rs ..

we had lower and upper band for options and if it touches it , there will be a trading freeze for soemtime ..

traders and brokers were complaining about it , so nse removed this bands .. now there is no upper and lower values , and freak trades are happening mostly because of it

i dont see any big difference in trading volume now after intraday leverages are removed .. we got margin benefits which more than compensates 

Hope this does not happens in cash segment.

Edited by Straight Drive

On 9/7/2021 at 1:00 PM, Straight Drive said:

Divis is now 5209  (+1500 per share)

and Britannia is at 4088 (+400 per share) . Britannia has under performed imo. Better to exit fully from Britannia as well as Divis ( partly atleast if not fully).

Would like to have view of some traders ; how is new SEBI margin rule having an impact on traders category. 

Are freak trades happening far too frequently now

@velu
@jusarrived
@randomGuy

Never liked Britannia, Divis is still a good hold imo . I think the pharma story is not over yet.

I bought lot of IRCTC between 800-1000  levels and averaged up at 1400, that along with Happiest minds are 2 best pics in last 2 years. 

Nifty bees have doubled though booked out of n100 

Regret selling most of finserve around 7k, though still holding finance. Losing money in ujjivan sfb :(

Entered delta Corp, IEX and zomato recently.  I know zomato valuations don't make sense, but is a boom or bust, worth putting some money imo 

Yeah been hearing about freak trades, but I don't do stop loss trades very often rather belive in position sizing so not bothered about it . 

The margin reduction does pinch occasionally, but overall it's a good thing imo . I don't know many traders who are complaining, though there seems to be lot of noice around it in Twitter etc . Some brokers wer giving 50-80x leverage which was ridiculous, seriously who makes money with that kind of margin? 

On 9/7/2021 at 8:02 PM, Straight Drive said:

Hope this does not happens in cash segment.

Unlikely in cash, with options it's very easy for index to move 100 pts in few minutes and this can cause some active strike prices to become illiquid suddenly as the OI shifts, but can't see that happening in cash ..may be on a big event day 

On 9/9/2021 at 10:16 PM, jusarrived said:

Never liked Britannia, Divis is still a good hold imo . I think the pharma story is not over yet.

I bought lot of IRCTC between 800-1000  levels and averaged up at 1400, that along with Happiest minds are 2 best pics in last 2 years. 

Nifty bees have doubled though booked out of n100 

Regret selling most of finserve around 7k, though still holding finance. Losing money in ujjivan sfb :(

Entered delta Corp, IEX and zomato recently.  I know zomato valuations don't make sense, but is a boom or bust, worth putting some money imo 

Yeah been hearing about freak trades, but I don't do stop loss trades very often rather belive in position sizing so not bothered about it . 

The margin reduction does pinch occasionally, but overall it's a good thing imo . I don't know many traders who are complaining, though there seems to be lot of noice around it in Twitter etc . Some brokers wer giving 50-80x leverage which was ridiculous, seriously who makes money with that kind of margin? 

Personally have exited Divis.

IRCTC and Happiest Minds have had a huge run indeed. Not holding any position though.

On 9/21/2021 at 12:13 AM, velu said:

NIFTY has seen a drop but it is due to other factors and it is more like usual correction. Banking sector needs to be keenly watched for obvious reasons.

Bond markets have reacted to this already.

Hopefully China will manage this with restricted impact overall.

Edited by Straight Drive

38 minutes ago, diga said:

How do you manage on days like today where there was moves on both sides?

i usually do long  straddle + 2x short strangle + next week long strangle from Monday to Wednesday..

I lost today because mkt didn’t move much from yesterday