Gaikwad has got more spark than Padikkal and Jaiswal!!!

velu

2 hours ago, Suhaan said:

How is KKR worst bowling lineup with Cummins,Lockie,Varun there?

Even Prasidh has won them a match

They have struggled because of their batting, specially opening

They maybe good on paper. 

Jadeja made Lockie look very ordinary in the game yesterday.

From what little I've seen, even Varun C has no 'wow' factor. For example, if Rashid Khan or Chahal bowl, you know a wicket is around the corner even if they get clobbered.

This KKR side is not a threatening bowling line up at all.

5 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

They maybe good on paper. 

Jadeja made Lockie look very ordinary in the game yesterday.

From what little I've seen, even Varun C has no 'wow' factor. For example, if Rashid Khan or Chahal bowl, you know a wicket is around the corner even if they get clobbered.

This KKR side is not a threatening bowling line up at all.

You can have 1-2 bad days, doesn't mean Lockie is rubbish

Cummins too is a good tight bowler,Varun has bowled well in every game

Even Rashid Khan and Chahal had given rubbish performances in few  matches before doesn't mean they are ordinary

KKR have a more than decent bowling lineup

Noticed an issue with Gaikwad during the 2019-20 FC season. He edges back of a length rising deliveries around the off stump.

I am surprised that none of the teams have exploited this.

It is of course possible that Gaikwad has worked on this issue and rectified it. But worth trying if I were his opponent. 

On 10/30/2020 at 2:43 PM, Mariyam said:

:bow: at your clarity of thought.

If we had you as our chief selector instead of the parochial muddle-heads who have occupied that office, India would have easily won 2-3 WCs more.

@express bowling Not trolling you. I mean that in all honesty.

Most of your posts de-clutter and help me understand the finer points of the game. If a dunce like me can follow...

IMHO @express bowling is by far the best Cricket poster on this site. Great to have you on here. 

Thanks Mariyam. I am honoured, especially because this comes from an intelligent, witty and well read poster like you.

I often find that you and @Mosher ( who is a very intelligent and witty poster too )  say the exact same things that I would have said under the circumstances. I am a big fan of the posts by the both of you. I hope you keep on posting after the IPL is over 

P.s -- "Autocorrect" is my biggest enemy in the cyberworld. It messes with almost everything I want to write.  So, pardon me for any silly mistakes.   :phehe:

Edited by express bowling

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Noticed an issue with Gaikwad during the 2019-20 FC season. He edges back of a length rising deliveries around the off stump.

I am surprised that none of the teams have exploited this.

It is of course possible that Gaikwad has worked on this issue and rectified it. But worth trying if I were his opponent. 

Teams generally take around 10-12 games to figure out a player problem specially in t20 its not easy , next season wud be his or devdutt test when teams will come with a plan against them. Post his return he wud have flown under the radar in 1-2 games 

Also teams have been poor with their homework this season. 

44 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Hadd hai, 

When will we realise that jaiswal, shaw, gill are our best young players not these ftbs. 

Remember Paul Valthaty,? The world doesn't. 

Ek do kaudi ke domestic competition se class aur talent judge nahi karte. 

What is the apparent weakness of Gaikwad  which puts him in " Do Kaudi" class ? Pl also check his scores playing for Ind A .

At least put down  your observations  so that we are enlightened . Concern was about his game vs Pace , there does not seem very apparent weakness as such .and cab play s shots even against high pace .

However rooting only for 50 overs as of now and for 50 overs he  looks fine .

But we should remember he has far more experience when compared to Padikkal & Jaiswal. Should not be compared now with them. In 2 years they will  also scale up.