Jonathan Liew (Guardian): "ECB should break the global silence on Pakistan's sad and strange IPL exile"

saged

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

Pakistanis are a weird bunch. They call PSL the real deal and good quality cricket but are desperate to see their players in IPL. They have some weird complex.

Back in the day when pretty much every Indian fan used to literally worship Sachin,

they hated him, picked holes in his stats, called Inzi the real match winner etc etc. They cheered Dravid who even though a legend in his own right would usually get more criticism from Indian fans relatively speaking. They called Kapil a trundler but Sunny G was accepted due to IK certifying him and also Sunny G got more criticism than Kapil.

Later on Dhoni came on to the scene,our Pakistani friends got confused how to handle this, this is a guy they would make him an army chief instead of a paratrooper if he was Pakistani in a heartbeat but now Indian fans turned on him eventually so they were stunned and acknowledged him as a legend. Same thing with Kohli who obviously panders to them and that makes him even more lovable. They rate Rohit than some fans on ICF :giggle:. They pick holes in players like Bumrah who are universally liked by Indian fans.

These guys have been getting mind f’ed since 1100 AD

They have this crap about being a superior race and their bowlers are fast. I asked them to show me any evidence of waqar/Wasim ever having three consecutive balls at 90+ mph and i am still waiting. 

7 hours ago, Khota said:

They have this crap about being a superior race and their bowlers are fast. I asked them to show me any evidence of waqar/Wasim ever having three consecutive balls at 90+ mph and i am still waiting. 

Waqar may have. Wasim, I dont think so. Wasim was never ever in his career clocked at more than 145k's. That also, I think he was clocked only once at 145k's.

16 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

I hope the writer made some money out of the pakistanis or else he would be incredibly stupid to think that ECB has any real or moral authority to lecture BCCI in this matter. 

I bet he got a months supply of kabab and biryani. Beyond that, I highly doubt!

46 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I bet he got a months supply of kabab and biryani. Beyond that, I highly doubt!

Well we must never underestimate their military-mullah regime and their hatred for Hindus/Indians. They will go way beyond thier means to hurt India in any way possible ( especially now with Taliban Khan as pm). 

Ghaans kayenge lekin.... 

3 hours ago, retired_hurt said:

Ye to kuch bhi nahi, guardian was putting the blame of 2010 spot fixing on the exclusion of Amir from the IPL. :laugh:

Apparently the only way left to make money after being snubbed from IPL was to sell your own country.

Wow, did they they really do that.

18 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Wow, did they they really do that.

I used to post on guardian during that period, and i cant tell you the amount of vitriol that was reserved for Indian cricket team. BCCI and Indian team were compared to voldemort and ECB was the savior standing between the evil bcci and magical world of test cricket. 

Jonathan Liew can take a hike...

The BCCI stance to follow the Indian government's directive here is absolutely the right thing to do.

I was initially on the fence with this stance, but the way these Pakistani cricketers rake in the cash, milk the limelight/connections and then talk bad about our country, league etc is in extremely poor taste. Besides, it is quite the retort for PCB almost trying to sabotage one of the earlier IPLs by not sending the Pakistan players. 

I am glad that the Afridis & the Tanvirs are no longer welcome. 

The same PCB, who tried to play hardball with BCCI, happily provided NOCs to their players to plan in Uganda Premier League (!?!). Quite a lesson!

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/saeed-ajmal-other-pakistan-players-left-stranded-in-uganda-after-pay-dispute-672205

Edited by Stutter

For a minute lets assume writer actually wishes IPL well, besides babar azam or Amir at RCB only because of Kohli, are there any other pak players who will find takers ? For any team to play babar they will have to bench someone like a gayle, williamson, hetmyer/Carry, buttler/stokes, Rusell/Morgan and MI certainly doesn't need him. The only possible team would be CSK and even there he comes at the expense of watson or faf. So no IPL is not missing Pak players or unlikely to anytime soon.