2020 US election results watch !!!

velu

3 minutes ago, Kriterion said:

I can't answer that, we'd have to ask Trump who floated the idea. But I would imagine it has something to do with the Trump and the MAGA threat to "primary" the Republicans like McConnell who either didn't support Trump's efforts to win the election or who's support was insufficient. We should probably accept them at their word that they have a distaste for those whom they deem disloyal. 

Oh i do accept them at their word at having distaste for them. IMO the new party threat is being floated as a scare tactic amongst the trumpers. And it will be weilded during the primaries. But they would have to be absolutely moronic to try an form a new party and kiss goodbye those loyalist republican votes, when the face no systemic impediment to being elected within the republican party in the first place.

Yes, you are correct but as i said, this is a white centric trend. most whites are swinging left as typical western soceity does in a pendulum swing back and forth eternally between ethical groups, as their primitive perfectionist ethics demands them to over the balance oriented ethics of the east. 

But that wasn't date from just white voters. It was America as a whole. So % of POC has increased from 2016 to 2020, yet the Dems vote % increased signficantly (doubled in fact). That undercuts the POC shifting-right. 

It might just be a case of observer bias. If one observes all their POC friends swing to the right, they may incorrectly assume that all POC are shifting right. 

4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

2. Why turn down free republican loyalist votes ? The mainstream GOP being untrustworthy doesnt change from working within the party or making your new party. If the so-called untrustworthy republicans wont " stop the steal" they wont stop the steal regardless - especially for another party. Instead by forming a new party all they would do is kiss goodbye a certain x% of loyalist republican votes, who will always vote republican coz HURR DURR Lincoln HURR DURR brand loyalty, etc.

Well thats the thing with ideologues, they don't always act in the most rational way. 

If Trump was concerned with getting more votes, he would have appealed to a broader public than just his base. Thats what the Dems usually do by trying to rope in disparate groups like white liberals, LGBT, conservative Muslims, white collar professionals, African Americans, etc. 

Trump focused on his "base" a tactic that worked in 2016 and if its not broken why fix it? 

4 minutes ago, Kriterion said:

But that wasn't date from just white voters. It was America as a whole. So % of POC has increased from 2016 to 2020, yet the Dems vote % increased signficantly (doubled in fact). That undercuts the POC shifting-right. 

It might just be a case of observer bias. If one observes all their POC friends swing to the right, they may incorrectly assume that all POC are shifting right. 

America as a whole will swing the way the major voting demographic - whites- who make up 70% of the eligible voters- swing. this is simple dominant demographics driving the overall trend. 

Yes, this undercuts the POC right-shift. for now. But in the long term, the 'he who makes more babies wins' paradigm is absolute in politics and that is where the POCs have the ace in the hole.

I am not just talking about anecdotal evidence but exit polls and actual meta-data. There has been disdain from the Democrats THIS ELECTION for example for record number of Latinos voting republican - to the point that Obama himself effectively called them race traitors. This trend, guaged by exit polls, is noticable in the anglo world. 

4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

America as a whole will swing the way the major voting demographic - whites- who make up 70% of the eligible voters- swing. this is simple dominant demographics driving the overall trend. 

Yes, this undercuts the POC right-shift. for now. But in the long term, the 'he who makes more babies wins' paradigm is absolute in politics and that is where the POCs have the ace in the hole.

I am not just talking about anecdotal evidence but exit polls and actual meta-data. There has been disdain from the Democrats THIS ELECTION for example for record number of Latinos voting republican - to the point that Obama himself effectively called them race traitors. This trend, guaged by exit polls, is noticable in the anglo world. 

The thing is Latino is an ethnicity, not a race. The Latinos who voted for Trump en masse, are white Cubans in Florida. Race issues don't affect them because they are white. If you look at brown Mexicans, they would voted Biden probably 3 to 1 or 4 to 1 and thats why we see Texas historically a +15-20 for the right, was whittled down to just +5. No Cubans in Texas, the Latinos there are almost all Mexicans. And there are white Mexicans as well, just a much smaller minority than Cubans. But again it comes down to urbanization. 

Bottom line is, I'll say the same thing I said in 2016 when Trump won: Buckle up, its going to be an interesting ride ahead!

12 minutes ago, Kriterion said:

The thing is Latino is an ethnicity, not a race.

tell that to the whites, who use it as a race in politics.

12 minutes ago, Kriterion said:

The Latinos who voted for Trump en masse, are white Cubans in Florida. Race issues don't affect them because they are white. If you look at brown Mexicans, they would voted Biden probably 3 to 1 or 4 to 1 and thats why we see Texas historically a +15-20 for the right, was whittled down to just +5. No Cubans in Texas, the Latinos there are almost all Mexicans. And there are white Mexicans as well, just a much smaller minority than Cubans. But again it comes down to urbanization. 

Bottom line is, I'll say the same thing I said in 2016 when Trump won: Buckle up, its going to be an interesting ride ahead!

Yes i agree that the current Mexican vote is tarnished for the republicans by Trump. But even in California & Texas, the latino vote has swung upwards in favour of the republians only to be mostly overriden by the sharper shift to left by white votes. 

My point is, the GoP is eating into colored votes of the democrats steadily and if you look at general trends across Canada & UK, it also bears out - the conservatives are steadily eroding the POC vote base of the progressives. In the long term, it doesnt bode well for the progressives due to the overall demographic trend is my speculation.

You will be surprised how many coloured voters in Canada are regretting voting Liberal or NDP now that their child mutilating corporate profit driven trans agenda has been exposed.

30 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

You will be surprised how many coloured voters in Canada are regretting voting Liberal or NDP now that their child mutilating corporate profit driven trans agenda has been exposed.

Only time will tell. We'll have to come back in 10, 20, and 30 years to see if thats born out. 

Edited by Kriterion

1 minute ago, Kriterion said:

I can only speak for the US, and I believe (I don't have any facts, just a belief) that most American POC are more concerned about affordable healthcare access, dismantling of racism both systemic and individual, equality of economic opportunity, the ever-worsening pandemic, slowing down climate change, and repairing America's alliances across Europe and the world. Those things affect the average POC more than other concerns which are merely cultural. If none of my kids are trans, how does the trans agenda affect me?

well that is what the left media has been feeding them. How on earth does America's alliances across Europe help or hinder the Indians, Latinos, Arabs etc ? 

The trans agenda affects you- because the trans ideology is being shoved down their throats by this whole non-binary gateway culture of trans. You should follow it up if you have kids, because the number of kids self-mutilating and pill popping to do permanent damage is on an astronomical rise and there are plenty of parents who thought ' my kids arent trans so it doesnt affect me'only to find out that their kids have been fed the propaganda.

The current ideology coming out of the gender theorists is trans is a spectrum- anyone can be trans if they dont accept gendered roles in society etc etc.  Most parents are slow to wake up to this because they think being trans is innate, like being gay - where they dont realize that this is innate ONLY to those who suffer from gender dysphoria and not fetishists who are male but wanna dress as female for sexual thrill and such. 

This is why there is a direct correlation between astronomical prevalence of trans amongst autistic kids these days - they are being fed an identity story as a cure to their self confidence issues that every teen goes through. 

@Kriterion The mean threat of the trans lobby to normal people is in the form of their capture of school institutions, where affirmation is the only model and being proposed and propagated for children. 

California just passed a law that allows full parental circumvention- as far as not even informing them- if their child wants gender surgery and hormones.

The main threat is, as you well know - kids often play dressup, they often go around at toddler age going 'daddy daddy i am a girl now, no i am a boy now' - now, the trans lobby in schools is reinforcing those whims as ' yes dear, you are actually a girl in a boys body or vice versa'when kids say so. This affirmation only model is a single pathway to pill popping and eventual surgery- a trend that has seen consistent 4000% (yes you read that correctly) rise in trans diagnosis for CHILDREN (!!) in the west, year over year, for the last 4 years running.

Dont forget you are an indian not a westerner and we have one SIMPLE axiom, like all developing world immigrants that is the single biggest knife against BS : who profits from this? who stands to gain the most from this ? 

This happening is what is turning a lot of POCs who are aware, like me, decisively into the conservative camp. As i said, feed this toxic life destroying ideology to my children == i will happily vote for hitler. 

On 1/21/2021 at 3:09 AM, Muloghonto said:

@Kriterion The mean threat of the trans lobby to normal people is in the form of their capture of school institutions, where affirmation is the only model and being proposed and propagated for children. 

California just passed a law that allows full parental circumvention- as far as not even informing them- if their child wants gender surgery and hormones.

The main threat is, as you well know - kids often play dressup, they often go around at toddler age going 'daddy daddy i am a girl now, no i am a boy now' - now, the trans lobby in schools is reinforcing those whims as ' yes dear, you are actually a girl in a boys body or vice versa'when kids say so. This affirmation only model is a single pathway to pill popping and eventual surgery- a trend that has seen consistent 4000% (yes you read that correctly) rise in trans diagnosis for CHILDREN (!!) in the west, year over year, for the last 4 years running.

Dont forget you are an indian not a westerner and we have one SIMPLE axiom, like all developing world immigrants that is the single biggest knife against BS : who profits from this? who stands to gain the most from this ? 

This happening is what is turning a lot of POCs who are aware, like me, decisively into the conservative camp. As i said, feed this toxic life destroying ideology to my children == i will happily vote for hitler. 

If you thought that terrorism was bad, wait till you experience the wrath of the far left or progressives.

At least the radical islamists are not trying to manipulate nature through artificial means.

Guys and Gals,

In the current atmosphere, I would encourage you all not to leave a socal media footprint on your political views even if you think you are doing something that is not inciteful or something harmless and just debate. Every one of us has their own opinons and it would be safer to just to have verbal discussions and not leave a social media trail. The pendulum always swings from one extreme to the other, it never stays in the middle. With a new administration and the FBI on high alert after the Jan 6 incident, I would not be surprised if government is looking at everything in the social media. It will take one visit from the Feds to turn your life upside down. Would that be worth for some banter? Like they say don't f*ck with the Feds.

Unless you cannot help it, my humble suggestion to you is not to leave a long trail on social media on your political views. Anyway, this is the stark realization that I have come to. You are more than welcome to ignore this. Good luck to all! 

Edited by DeepSpace

I think as long as you are saying I agree/disagree with this and that in a civil manner, I think it is OK. Problem is when debate get heated and accusations / insults fly directed as someone.

We have seen plenty of instances that Govt will clamp down on civil liberties using some incident as a rationale. It happened after 9/11 also. Also take it for granted that the Biden administration will not be warm towards Modi government or the latter's view towards Kashmir.

This will be my last political comment on this forum. I will be mostly spending time on non-political threads and cricket. 

On 1/21/2021 at 5:33 AM, Muloghonto said:

The trans agenda affects you- because the trans ideology is being shoved down their throats by this whole non-binary gateway culture of trans. You should follow it up if you have kids, because the number of kids self-mutilating and pill popping to do permanent damage is on an astronomical rise and there are plenty of parents who thought ' my kids arent trans so it doesnt affect me'only to find out that their kids have been fed the propaganda.

The current ideology coming out of the gender theorists is trans is a spectrum- anyone can be trans if they dont accept gendered roles in society etc etc.  Most parents are slow to wake up to this because they think being trans is innate, like being gay - where they dont realize that this is innate ONLY to those who suffer from gender dysphoria and not fetishists who are male but wanna dress as female for sexual thrill and such.

I am not sure. Explain how both LGBT activists and Muslim right are aligned? As modern liberalism has big emphasis on LGBT.

Thus, politics is all about oxymoron, and there can alignment despite value contradictions. Those trans movement is not going to divide the Dems base.