India squad for Australia: Virat Kohli to miss last three Australia Tests

Gollum

28 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Doesn't matter we don't need him.  This panauti's absence may be blessing in disguise for India. 

Yes because in his absence Rohit and KL will score double centuries and Rahane with his brilliant "leading from the front" batting effort will script an Indian victory on Aussie soil.

Just now, Tridibans_16 said:

Yes because in his absence Rohit and KL will score double centuries and Rahane with his brilliant "leading from the front" batting effort will script an Indian victory on Aussie soil.

How many centuries he scored there last time?  The one in Perth in which we got hammered.  Failed miserably in NZ recently. 

KL in middle order may actually fire this time hopefully he doesn't opens.  Mayank & Gill are also there.  Rahane may not do a bad job as a captain.  Won us the decider in 2017 test series..  So luck factor perhaps. 

Timing of this update from the team management/Kohli does not bode well. From the outside, it seems like Kohli is trying to avoid any further backlash (post RCB's failure in IPL), by avoiding to indulge in full/majority of the series in down under.

Why didn't the squad announcement come with a caveat that Indian CAPTAIN would most likely miss 75% of the test series to attend to his pregnant wife? Had this been done, I am sure majority of the fans would have understood and not raise an eyebrow.

2 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Not clearly mentioned about his fitness,is he injured ? don't know whether he is on the radar so much so that his workload been managed

Every top Indian pacer's workload is being managed these days.

I guess this applies to Team India, India A and U19 pacers.

As far as I know, Nagarkoti is not injured. But as he is coming back from a long injury layoff of almost 2 years, and has played the IPL, they want to rest him for some time.

1 hour ago, ThirtyD. said:

Timing of this update from the team management/Kohli does not bode well. From the outside, it seems like Kohli is trying to avoid any further backlash (post RCB's failure in IPL), by avoiding to indulge in full/majority of the series in down under.

Why didn't the squad announcement come with a caveat that Indian CAPTAIN would most likely miss 75% of the test series to attend to his pregnant wife? Had this been done, I am sure majority of the fans would have understood and not raise an eyebrow.

Never ever in his career has Kohli ever shown he cares for backlash or anything/ He doesnt care about IPL at all Now people are questioning his decision to be with his baby during CVOID times. Pathetic

1 hour ago, Tridibans_16 said:

you never know, cometh the occasion cometh the man. Pujara surprised everyone last time

Maybe what I am saying is too impractical.

But is it possible for Anushka to have the baby in Australia  ... and she can have her Doctor flown to Australia.

And the people comprising of Anushka's support system can stay with her for a few days in Australia.

Flying within the 32nd week of pregnancy, is usually allowed.

3 hours ago, New guy said:

Never ever in his career has Kohli ever shown he cares for backlash or anything/ He doesnt care about IPL at all Now people are questioning his decision to be with his baby during CVOID times. Pathetic

Do you care to read why I think it's a case of miscommunication from Team Management and Kohli? India's touring party was announced on Oct 26, 2020; which meant that Kohli and Team management were fully aware of imminent delivery of Kohli's first child. Why was this exempt from the tour not announced at the same time?

Kohli attending his pregnant wife is not the issue; timing of the announcement is. 

I just looked at the squads in detail and must say it is poor planning.

Notes:

* Test series is more important (WTC still on?) so Bumrah & Shami could have been rested (esp. with Ishant injured too) in LOIs

* Kohli should have skipped the entire test series (or even the entire series) 

* I would keep an X factor option like SDP (Hardik) for tests too as on Aus pitches, he can smash the bowlers if in form 

* Not too sure about both Iyer and Pandey in the LOI squad 

Copied the squads from one of the posts:

The revised squads are as below:

Team India T20I squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul (vice-captain and wicket-keeper), Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Sanju Samson (wicket-keeper), Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Navdeep Saini, Deepak Chahar, T Natarajan.

Team India ODI squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill, KL Rahul (vice-captain & wicket-keeper), Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Mayank Agarwal, Ravindra Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Navdeep Saini, Shardul Thakur, Sanju Samson (wicket-keeper).

Team India Test squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Rohit Sharma, Mayank Agarwal, Prithvi Shaw, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (vice-captain), Hanuma Vihari, Shubman Gill, Wriddhiman Saha (wicket-keeper), Rishabh Pant (wicket-keeper), Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Umesh Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Kuldeep Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, R. Ashwin, Mohd. Siraj.

Edited by zen

From the squad, my 11 for the initial games: 

T20s: Dhawan, Agarwal, Kohli, KL, Samson, SDP, Sundar, D Chahar, Saini, Natrajan, Chahal  .... Bumrah & Shami rested

ODIs: Dhawan, Agarwal, Kohli, KL, Samson, SDP, Jadeja, Saini, Shami, Bumrah, Chahal/Kuldeep .... no fast bowling depth in the squad to rest Bumrah & Shami

Tests: Agarwal, Rohit/KL, Pujara, Gill/KL, Rahane (captain :fear1:), Virahi (can bowl), Pant/Saha, Jadeja/Ashwin, Saini/Siraj, Shami, Bumrah 

Edited by zen

Rahane will get a free pass in playing XI as we do not have any other groomed captain in the playing XI. This has serious drubbing written all over it. 

This should serve a lesson that we should always make our “lesser” players be the captain because just like his predecessors Kohli has gone the “I’m untouchable” route and has not thought of succession plan. 

7 hours ago, ThirtyD. said:

Do you care to read why I think it's a case of miscommunication from Team Management and Kohli? India's touring party was announced on Oct 26, 2020; which meant that Kohli and Team management were fully aware of imminent delivery of Kohli's first child. Why was this exempt from the tour not announced at the same time?

Kohli attending his pregnant wife is not the issue; timing of the announcement is. 

Kohli might have made up his mind later. The true impact and feelings would have hit later. People are not machines. He might have decided he can wait to see his child but then decided he cannot 

Edited by New guy
6 hours ago, zen said:

From the squad, my 11 for the initial games: 

T20s: Dhawan, Agarwal, Kohli, KL, Samson, SDP, Sundar, D Chahar, Saini, Natrajan, Chahal  .... Bumrah & Shami rested

ODIs: Dhawan, Agarwal, Kohli, KL, Samson, SDP, Jadeja, Saini, Shami, Bumrah, Chahal/Kuldeep .... no fast bowling depth in the squad to rest Bumrah & Shami

Tests: Agarwal, Rohit/KL, Pujara, Gill/KL, Rahane (captain :fear1:), Virahi (can bowl), Pant/Saha, Jadeja/Ashwin, Saini/Siraj, Shami, Bumrah 

Saha is injured so he is unlikely to be in the test XI 

Kohli should have skipped the entire test series. I dont really like captains leaving in the middle of series unless its an injury, kind of feel it might affect the rhythm of the team. Could have used the oppurtunity to give the new captain a full run. 

Anyway he gets to play the Adelaide, his favorite venue, so hope he gives us a head start in the series before he leaves.

On 11/8/2020 at 3:08 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Dhoni was in Aus playing Wc during his 1st child birth , This test series is as important as any....kohli shud go 

Dhoni was taking the boys on a trek for team building ..not playing at that time.

There was no covid,no match and he could have gone to India and come back well in time instead of the 'duty over blah stuff'.

Kohli is doing the right thing .

He should just go and give the entire test series to  another captain.

Even if he wants to play the first test ,he should play it under the captain chosen for the rest of the series.  Unfortunately our selectors don't have the guts to do that.