India squad for Australia: Virat Kohli to miss last three Australia Tests

Gollum

1 hour ago, Sonix768 said:

Kohli should have skipped the entire test series. I dont really like captains leaving in the middle of series unless its an injury, kind of feel it might affect the rhythm of the team. Could have used the oppurtunity to give the new captain a full run. 

Anyway he gets to play the Adelaide, his favorite venue, so hope he gives us a head start in the series before he leaves.

Pretty sure, he would have skipped if the venue was different. He must be hoping or confident to slam a century at his favourite venue before leaving. Very shrewd kautaliya move.

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

With kohli not going one thing for sure aussies will sledge like crazy, it was kohli due to whom they didnt sledge a lot a last time but this time they wont hold back 

Tim Paine should call Kohli a "temporary captain" at Adelaide and the circle will be completed. :phehe:

On a serious note, pant and Rahul are gonna get an earful this time around. Last time they had Kohli and Aussies didn't have a certain David Warner. Now they've Rahane. :giggle:

I can understand this time given it's his first baby. But he did same during the 2017 SA tour when he got the entire team to skip the lone Practise match because he got married and had to go on Honeymoon. That I can still not forgive him for, because of that we lost first two tests and won the last one after the team got some practice through tests ...LOL.

Giving importance to Personal life over Work is all fine, but as a Captain and the way he tries to project his image I would expect him to show more Fire. After all the SENA tests are the most important for India after World Cups. Even if he has to take that call, why is he playing the First Test half-heartedly? Should as well let someone else Lead entire series!

2 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

I can understand this time given it's his first baby. But he did same during the 2017 SA tour when he got the entire team to skip the lone Practise match because he got married and had to go on Honeymoon. That I can still not forgive him for, because of that we lost first two tests and won the last one after the team got some practice through tests ...LOL.

Giving importance to Personal life over Work is all fine, but as a Captain and the way he tries to project his image I would expect him to show more Fire. After all the SENA tests are the most important for India after World Cups. Even if he has to take that call, why is he playing the First Test half-heartedly? Should as well let someone else Lead entire series!

That is wrong to blame scheduling on to captain or coach. I don't think Kohli ever stopped anyone to goto SA.BCCI should have sent other test players .Kohli was playing nonstop cricket before that SA.He did just fine as a batsman in that SA series too , if others contributed it would have been different. 

28 minutes ago, putrevus said:

That is wrong to blame scheduling on to captain or coach. I don't think Kohli ever stopped anyone to go to SA.BCCI should have sent other test players .Kohli was playing nonstop cricket before that SA.He did just fine as a batsman in that SA series too , if others contributed it would have been different. 

Kohli also failed in First test, only from 2nd test he started scoring. That's fine, a batsman can fail and also what works for Kohli will not work for all batsmen in team, they require proper practise matches especially the Openers. The Team Management which is largely him cancelling the Practice match is definitely his responsibility.

Also, the time he spent on his honeymoon in CapeTown before the SA tour could have been well spent on prepping for the series.

There were many reports of this during that time. Refer this as an example: https://www.indiatvnews.com/sports/cricket-india-vs-south-africa-2018-virat-kohli-anushka-sharma-honeymoon-in-south-africa-turns-costly-for-india-cape-town-test-421048

Continuing his honeymoon period with wife Anushka, he was spotted spending quality time with his better-half. The newly-wed pair was seen shopping and dancing together on the streets of Cape Town. "

My question is - Is he the Owner of Team India that he does whatever he wants? Would a Team member be allowed to do something like this and get away with it?!

11 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Kohli also failed in First test, only from 2nd test he started scoring. That's fine, a batsman can fail and also what works for Kohli will not work for all batsmen in team, they require proper practise matches especially the Openers. The Team Management which is largely him cancelling the Practice match is definitely his responsibility.

Also, the time he spent on his honeymoon in CapeTown before the SA tour could have been well spent on prepping for the series.

There were many reports of this during that time. Refer this as an example: https://www.indiatvnews.com/sports/cricket-india-vs-south-africa-2018-virat-kohli-anushka-sharma-honeymoon-in-south-africa-turns-costly-for-india-cape-town-test-421048

Continuing his honeymoon period with wife Anushka, he was spotted spending quality time with his better-half. The newly-wed pair was seen shopping and dancing together on the streets of Cape Town. "

My question is - Is he the Owner of Team India that he does whatever he wants? Would a Team member be allowed to do something like this and get away with it?!

He failed in first test .You are overestimating the power ,Cancelling a single practice match is not a big deal. It is scheduling by BCCI which is wrong. If I remember correctly they have playing some T20s or odis just before that tour.They always should have odis first these days so the players can get used to conditions. Which to be fair on BCCI they have done that for most part. In England they did play odis before tests but there also other than Kohli most batsmen failed.

Why is it wrong for him to have his wife with him on tours. Let them be on honeymoon.Kohli is the hardest worker on field .It has not affected him to have his wife with him. His personal life is his problem.You are getting ridiculous let them shop or dance who cares. They have life too.

She should never be part of any team meeting or pictures.

Edited by putrevus
14 minutes ago, putrevus said:

He failed in first test .You are overestimating the power ,Cancelling a single practice match is not a big deal. It is scheduling by BCCI which is wrong. If I remember correctly they have playing some T20s or odis just before that tour.They always should have odis first these days so the players can get used to conditions. Which to be fair on BCCI they have done that for most part. In England they did play odis before tests but there also other than Kohli most batsmen failed.

Why is it wrong for him to have his wife with him on tours. Let them be on honeymoon.Kohli is the hardest worker on field .It has not affected him to have his wife with him. His personal life is his problem.You are getting ridiculous let them shop or dance who cares. They have life too.

She should never be part of any team meeting or pictures.

Everyone except probably you understands the power that Kohli yields. Someone who is able to kick a coach and appoint a Yes man clearly shows that. It is not about Kohli the Player failing, he failed as a Captain to get the team prepared.

As I questioned, is he the Owner of Team to make decisions on his whim? Which player before this has done his honeymoon on Tour? Players have life too agreed, but there are clear lines between Professional and Private parts of your life which Kohli often crosses because he is Captain of the team. Where he should be setting good example as Captain of the team, he is actually taking advantage of it.