India squad for Australia: Virat Kohli to miss last three Australia Tests

Gollum

8 hours ago, Norman said:

Gut feeling says we'll win the series as expectations are quite low due to Kohli's absence and Aussie dominance last summer. 

But now that I'm expecting them to win because of less expectations, they may disappoint yet again. And now as I'm expecting them to disappoint me..... oh Man....this is  a paradox :nervous:

Actually It is quite possible we may actually beat them in D/N game. Need some luck with tosses.  Rohit's performance will be a big unknown.  If he goes aggressive then I think he may succeed there.  Mayank too is a big plus..  But need to survive new ball & counter Lyon.  GABBA is hosting last game so hopefully it won't come to decider there..  Coz there is no way in hell anyone is beating Aussies there.  MCG & SCG are slow & we need a win in either of those games. 

16 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Actually It is quite possible we may actually beat them in D/N game. Need some luck with tosses.  Rohit's performance will be a big unknown.  If he goes aggressive then I think he may succeed there.  Mayank too is a big plus..  But need to survive new ball & counter Lyon.  GABBA is hosting last game so hopefully it won't come to decider there..  Coz there is no way in hell anyone is beating Aussies there.  MCG & SCG are slow & we need a win in either of those games. 

Please dont embarrass yourself.

If India do bowl out Australia cheaply in the D/N test, the Aussie bowlers will inflict even worse on the Indian batsmen.

The Australians have only been playing Test cricket for the last couple of months at State level. They are ready and waiting to tear India apart.

23 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Please dont embarrass yourself.

If India do bowl out Australia cheaply in the D/N test, the Aussie bowlers will inflict even worse on the Indian batsmen.

The Australians have only been playing Test cricket for the last couple of months at State level. They are ready and waiting to tear India apart.

What's there to be embarrassed about?  Aussies are only team who are undefeated in D/N games..  We have only played one.  

Plus two side games vs strong Australia A is a decent preparation. 

Evening session in D/N fixtures are most crucial as most wickets fell on that time.  Whoever plays them better actually prevails.  Need to stack up our batting with aggressive batsman like making Rahul bat at no 6.

Aussies were favourites either way with or without Kohli..  But if our luck favours with Tosses we might be able to even the playing field otherwise no chance. 

I think we can draw one game and win one game if tosses go our way and batsman put some even say like 250-300 runs on the board. I'm feeling quite good that our bowlers will win atleast one game and batsman to draw one game.

I'm willing to go for a 1-2 in favor of Australia and anything more than that is a bonus.

Losing it 4-0 this time as carrying lot of dead weights specially (in overseas) in batting like Rohit, Rahane and Saha. With our tail only good to score 10 runs expect drubbing without Kohli.

Also, be ready for Aussie tail scoring 200 runs each time as there bowlers in there conditions can bat well specially if Pattinson plays.

22 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

What's there to be embarrassed about?  Aussies are only team who are undefeated in D/N games..  We have only played one.  

Plus two side games vs strong Australia A is a decent preparation. 

Evening session in D/N fixtures are most crucial as most wickets fell on that time.  Whoever plays them better actually prevails.  Need to stack up our batting with aggressive batsman like making Rahul bat at no 6.

Aussies were favourites either way with or without Kohli..  But if our luck favours with Tosses we might be able to even the playing field otherwise no chance. 

Indian side traditionally even in form, struggle overseas. Can you imagine a team that has played very very little Test cricket format compared to the Australians in their backyard? Literally every Australian in the Test squad is in stellar form at the moment. I just hope India can survive till Day 4 of each Test. Even thats being optimistic.

In wont matter what session, India bats or bowls. India is going to be destroyed by Australia. You can take that to the bank.

Am I the only guy who is happy that Kohli won't be there for the last 3 tests. Rahane as bad as his batting may be, should be a better captain than Kohli. In 2017 at home, Kohli played 3 tests with a narrow win and a crushing loss and a draw thanks to Puajara. Rahane captained in the deciding test and set aggressive fields for Umesh and Bhuvi and it paid off. I think the first test is a goner already. Pink ball is gonna swing like crazy under lights and our pathetic batting will fold easily. I would prefer Pujara as captain because he merits a place in the XI unlike Rahane.

On 11/15/2020 at 2:05 PM, SRT100 said:

Its like you guys have forgotten how NZ literally broke India's batting lineup. In Australia it will be worse.

India has zero chance in the Test Series. If India can survive a 0-2 defeat it will be some achievement.

NZ has given Australia a blueprint.

13 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Am I the only guy who is happy that Kohli won't be there for the last 3 tests. Rahane as bad as his batting may be, should be a better captain than Kohli. In 2017 at home, Kohli played 3 tests with a narrow win and a crushing loss and a draw thanks to Puajara. Rahane captained in the deciding test and set aggressive fields for Umesh and Bhuvi and it paid off. I think the first test is a goner already. Pink ball is gonna swing like crazy under lights and our pathetic batting will fold easily. I would prefer Pujara as captain because he merits a place in the XI unlike Rahane.

Incidentally from that point onwards, Rahane's decline got precipitated. Someone obviously started to feel threatened and did everything possible to derail Rahane.

Now I have read everything, Rahane's career derailed by someone, I mean c'mon you don't need to do something extraordinary to upset that phoney's career, he is not good enough in the first place. 

Pakistan cricket has moved forward by dropping Shafiq, the Rahane lite, however Indian cricket is still stuck with the phoney

Edited by SK_IH
On 11/15/2020 at 6:14 PM, Oldhere said:

Losing it 4-0 this time as carrying lot of dead weights specially (in overseas) in batting like Rohit, Rahane and Saha. With our tail only good to score 10 runs expect drubbing without Kohli.

Also, be ready for Aussie tail scoring 200 runs each time as there bowlers in there conditions can bat well specially if Pattinson plays.

India taking Australia to Day 5 will be the real victory. Otherwise expect Australia to absolutely mentally disintegrate this fragile Indian team.

Pathetic by Kohli to leave after the First Test. Either be present for the entire series or absent. This is a joke. I bet if India were in form and playing Australia and they were out of form in a Covid free environment, he would have stayed to take credit for the series win. Now he has a good excuse to not be there when India get pounded.

Australia will make India look like they were competitive in NZ. This will be a complete one sided landslide series win.