India squad for Australia: Virat Kohli to miss last three Australia Tests

Gollum

2 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Should he stay back?

This is his golden ticket to get out of here and allow rahane to be the fall guy and you want him to stay? Common man. He is way past his prime and he knows it. He probably had a feeling that something like this may happen, so announced through PR about him leaving after first test to e with his wife & baby. He can come back later in home test series and score runs. Easy way to prolong your career as batsman and captain. 

On 11/19/2020 at 2:41 PM, SK_IH said:

Now I have read everything, Rahane's career derailed by someone, I mean c'mon you don't need to do something extraordinary to upset that phoney's career, he is not good enough in the first place. 

Pakistan cricket has moved forward by dropping Shafiq, the Rahane lite, however Indian cricket is still stuck with the phoney

There is no public criticizm in Indian cricket,atleast in Pakistan they criticize the handlers

We in India had a healthy cricket democracy but currently there is no one who has the balls to stand up and oppose,it will continue till the time their prides get hurt

2 hours ago, WC2011INDIA said:

He can come back later in home test series and score runs. Easy way to prolong your career as batsman and captain. 

Yup, the apprentice became the master - learnt the art from the best there is. Dhongi also left the ship down under nearly exactly 6 years back, bhag gaaya bhagoda :cheer:

On 11/11/2020 at 1:27 PM, Forever Indian said:

I can understand this time given it's his first baby. But he did same during the 2017 SA tour when he got the entire team to skip the lone Practise match because he got married and had to go on Honeymoon. That I can still not forgive him for, because of that we lost first two tests and won the last one after the team got some practice through tests ...LOL.

Giving importance to Personal life over Work is all fine, but as a Captain and the way he tries to project his image I would expect him to show more Fire. After all the SENA tests are the most important for India after World Cups. Even if he has to take that call, why is he playing the First Test half-heartedly? Should as well let someone else Lead entire series!

I think it's important we re-visit this. Why play just first test and scr*w up the Team Dynamics?

On 11/18/2020 at 10:35 PM, Real McCoy said:

Am I the only guy who is happy that Kohli won't be there for the last 3 tests. Rahane as bad as his batting may be, should be a better captain than Kohli. In 2017 at home, Kohli played 3 tests with a narrow win and a crushing loss and a draw thanks to Puajara. Rahane captained in the deciding test and set aggressive fields for Umesh and Bhuvi and it paid off. I think the first test is a goner already. Pink ball is gonna swing like crazy under lights and our pathetic batting will fold easily. I would prefer Pujara as captain because he merits a place in the XI unlike Rahane.

:bump:

He ran away just because he didnt want to apparently ruin the event like them being parents by Australia drubbing, I know sportspersons dont mind defeats but our media can be harsh sometimes so he had decided to take leave. And I'm not saying this only because of one test he played, throughout the tour be it ODIs or T20s, Kohli wasnt there mentally. Dropped catches, sub-par captaincy and some really useless accumulating innings in t20 (last  t20) was very unlike of Kohli we have seen over the years. Even all this promoting Pant idea was his is rubbish, he didnt even pick him for Home series against SA, wasn't in his scheme of things for WC'19 and all of a sudden it was his idea.:bumsmack: