India squad for Australia: Virat Kohli to miss last three Australia Tests

Gollum

Kohli chacha knew he is never gonna get once in a life time opportunity like last aus series and he has exploited it till now. He got an opportunity here to skip out and leveraging it, isn't it the same Kohli who keep playing Ranji sf or final when his dad's expired. I mean definitely family comes first but here he is going to be father and I know there are enough people in his and Anushka family to take care of Anushka. We worship these cricketers like warrior but they are no heroes compare this situation with our soldiers many of them sacrificed their Life without being seen their first born and no body even remember one name. 

5 hours ago, raki05 said:

Kohli chacha knew he is never gonna get once in a life time opportunity like last aus series and he has exploited it till now. He got an opportunity here to skip out and leveraging it, isn't it the same Kohli who keep playing Ranji sf or final when his dad's expired. I mean definitely family comes first but here he is going to be father and I know there are enough people in his and Anushka family to take care of Anushka. We worship these cricketers like warrior but they are no heroes compare this situation with our soldiers many of them sacrificed their Life without being seen their first born and no body even remember one name. 

Kohli or no Kohli, we were gonna get thrashed either ways.

Although, personally I believe BCCI should try their best to get him to play atleast the 4th test (considering 14 days quaratine period if he gets back to Aus by 2nd Jan).

Updates - India’s Tour of Australia

The All-India Senior Selection Committee met on Sunday to pick certain replacements after receiving injury reports and updates from the BCCI Medical Team.

1. Mr Virat Kohli – At the selection committee meeting held on October 26th, 2020, Mr Virat Kohli had informed the BCCI about his plans to return to India after the first Test in Adelaide. The BCCI has granted paternity leave to the Indian captain. He will return after the first Test against Australia in Adelaide.

2. Mr Rohit Sharma - The BCCI Medical Team has been monitoring Rohit Sharma’s fitness and has briefed All-India Senior Selection Committee on the same. In consultation with Mr Sharma, it has been decided to rest him for the ODIs and T20Is in Australia to regain full fitness and he has been included in India’s Test squad for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.

3. Mr Sanju Samson - The Selection Committee has added Sanju Samson as an additional wicket-keeper to India’s ODI squad.

4. Mr Ishant Sharma - The senior Indian fast bowler has been undergoing his rehab at the National Cricket Academy in Bengaluru. Once he fully recovers and gains sufficient match fitness, he will be added to India’s Test squad.

5. Mr Varun Chakravarthy - The spinner has been ruled out of the T20I series owing to a shoulder injury. The selectors have named T Natarajan as a replacement.

6. Mr Wriddhiman Saha - The senior Indian wicket-keeper sustained injuries to both his hamstrings during his side’s IPL game on 3rd November. A call on his availability will be taken later.

7. Mr Kamlesh Nagarkoti - The young fast bowler will not be able to travel to Australia as he is still working with the medical team on his bowling workload management.

The revised squads are as below:

Team India T20I squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul (vice-captain and wicket-keeper), Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Sanju Samson (wicket-keeper), Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Navdeep Saini, Deepak Chahar, T Natarajan.

Team India ODI squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill, KL Rahul (vice-captain & wicket-keeper), Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Mayank Agarwal, Ravindra Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Navdeep Saini, Shardul Thakur, Sanju Samson (wicket-keeper).

Team India Test squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Rohit Sharma, Mayank Agarwal, Prithvi Shaw, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (vice-captain), Hanuma Vihari, Shubman Gill, Wriddhiman Saha (wicket-keeper), Rishabh Pant (wicket-keeper), Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Umesh Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Kuldeep Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, R. Ashwin, Mohd. Siraj.

https://www.bcci.tv/articles/2020/news/147420/updates-india-s-tour-of-australia-2020-21?fbclid=IwAR0YxHRRcX9H7Ict_l1ME2S3Z6lIlYCBtgAIoV-4vN6g7CVNgTct5U1b1oY

12 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Updates - India’s Tour of Australia

The All-India Senior Selection Committee met on Sunday to pick certain replacements after receiving injury reports and updates from the BCCI Medical Team.

1. Mr Virat Kohli – At the selection committee meeting held on October 26th, 2020, Mr Virat Kohli had informed the BCCI about his plans to return to India after the first Test in Adelaide. The BCCI has granted paternity leave to the Indian captain. He will return after the first Test against Australia in Adelaide.

2. Mr Rohit Sharma - The BCCI Medical Team has been monitoring Rohit Sharma’s fitness and has briefed All-India Senior Selection Committee on the same. In consultation with Mr Sharma, it has been decided to rest him for the ODIs and T20Is in Australia to regain full fitness and he has been included in India’s Test squad for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.

3. Mr Sanju Samson - The Selection Committee has added Sanju Samson as an additional wicket-keeper to India’s ODI squad.

4. Mr Ishant Sharma - The senior Indian fast bowler has been undergoing his rehab at the National Cricket Academy in Bengaluru. Once he fully recovers and gains sufficient match fitness, he will be added to India’s Test squad.

5. Mr Varun Chakravarthy - The spinner has been ruled out of the T20I series owing to a shoulder injury. The selectors have named T Natarajan as a replacement.

6. Mr Wriddhiman Saha - The senior Indian wicket-keeper sustained injuries to both his hamstrings during his side’s IPL game on 3rd November. A call on his availability will be taken later.

7. Mr Kamlesh Nagarkoti - The young fast bowler will not be able to travel to Australia as he is still working with the medical team on his bowling workload management.

The revised squads are as below:

Team India T20I squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul (vice-captain and wicket-keeper), Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Sanju Samson (wicket-keeper), Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Navdeep Saini, Deepak Chahar, T Natarajan.

Team India ODI squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill, KL Rahul (vice-captain & wicket-keeper), Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Mayank Agarwal, Ravindra Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Navdeep Saini, Shardul Thakur, Sanju Samson (wicket-keeper).

Team India Test squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Rohit Sharma, Mayank Agarwal, Prithvi Shaw, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (vice-captain), Hanuma Vihari, Shubman Gill, Wriddhiman Saha (wicket-keeper), Rishabh Pant (wicket-keeper), Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Umesh Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Kuldeep Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, R. Ashwin, Mohd. Siraj.

https://www.bcci.tv/articles/2020/news/147420/updates-india-s-tour-of-australia-2020-21?fbclid=IwAR0YxHRRcX9H7Ict_l1ME2S3Z6lIlYCBtgAIoV-4vN6g7CVNgTct5U1b1oY

• So rahane will captain remaining test matches in Aus , chalo bali ka bakra mila anyways his form isnt great 
  • A spinner replaced by a fast bowler, nyways natrajan deserves it

I have a feeling this Aussie tour will be a disaster 

in a way this is good.

iyer and pandey can't hide behind top order now.. kohli isn't in his best form and dhawan always sucked in t20Is.

Hopefully Aussies play their full strength bowling attack in t20I series and we can see what our middle order is really capable of

23 hours ago, raki05 said:

Absolutely disagree with you, infact I think it's a post in poor taste. A cricketer putting his family over sport is purely a personal decision & should be respected either ways. 

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

Absolutely disagree with you, infact I think it's a post in poor taste. A cricketer putting his family over sport is purely a personal decision & should be respected either ways. 

Isn't it same Kohli who kept playing inspite of his father demise. I have no issues if someone putting family before profession I also do the same. Only issue is if it gives sense of chickening out. 

Any comments on Kohli's paternity leave will look cheap at this time, so I will refrain from that but I just hope he is not missing more than 1 test and is able to return back on tour. Mitchell Starc has also vouched for less quarantine time, so may be quarantine time is relaxed by the time 3rd test is on display. I doubt it will happen though since it is a government decision. Anyways, not a great news for Indian test team.