Abdul Samad Fan Cub !!!

velu

Not sold yet. There appears to be an urge to find something new and exciting to grab onto amidst a mediocre IPL season. 

Need to see him play more games in different conditions and environments. Sample set is far too low to make any meaningful judgements - IPL is littered with players in the past who have looked good for short periods and then never reached those heights again.

7 hours ago, The Realist said:

Not sold yet. There appears to be an urge to find something new and exciting to grab onto amidst a mediocre IPL season. 

Need to see him play more games in different conditions and environments. Sample set is far too low to make any meaningful judgements - IPL is littered with players in the past who have looked good for short periods and then never reached those heights again.

I think everyone wants him to go to India A cricket.  He won't get much opportunity for his state side.  IPl cricket has apart from Hardik has not given us any reliable hitter.  Top order wonders always come n go but Finishing skills & brute power barely has come.  Samad is a rare entity.  He is raw but his technique is good & nice swing of the bat as well.  He needs more exposure at A level just. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

@Global.Baba- Look at bowlers n more importantly look does he look uncomfortable, hurried or out of balance even on 1 ball . Thats how i judge a talent...if a player looks at ease against international bowlers thats it for me . I never found Rayudu , iyer among them. 

And the example of dube u give, well ...if u find the his 1st thread my 1st comment was that im not sure about him against pace. I never found dube in good position so never rated him

About my love for six hitter, well i rate shankar very highly he has that issue but he is might comfortable against international bowling

I saw him properly yesterday , did not watch IPL 2020. It was a superb knock and clean hitting. Need to see if he can do the same thing against spinners and slow bowlers. Could be big find for our 5-6 where we need people like him especially when Hardik is  suffering from injuries. Infact I will like him to play along with Hardik at 5 & 6 if both ate available.

Pant , Sky, Samad ,Hardik - That is a middle order that can compete with English hitting.

20 minutes ago, RajBan said:

I saw him properly yesterday , did not watch IPL 2020. It was a superb knock and clean hitting. Need to see if he can do the same thing against spinners and slow bowlers. Could be big find for our 5-6 where we need people like him especially when Hardik is  suffering from injuries. Infact I will like him to play along with Hardik at 5 & 6 if both ate available.

Pant , Sky, Samad ,Hardik - That is a middle order that can compete with English hitting.

The IPL franchises also seem to be spouting the same experience crap, yesterday Bayliss was saying Samad will get opportunities up the order when he is experienced:lol:

To get the best out of him, they need to promote him with clear instructions to go for it. This year, teams have been on the lookout for domestic big hitters and hired the likes of Shahrukh, Patidar, etc. SRH already have one in the ranks and are wasting him away. There's also Abhishek Sharma, who is mostly sitting on the bench.

3 hours ago, RajBan said:

Samad is even more severe against spinners. Seen him smash spinners around in Ranji with ease.

3 hours ago, RajBan said:

He is an absolute murderer of spin

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Samad is the type of guy who will leave a impact in last 5-6 overs but problem is..  SRH is giving him only 9-10 balls or when game is virtually done.   I also hope they at least use his leg spin as well..  So that he can improve on it or leave bigger impact. 

Give him more overs, use him like how RR used yusuf pathan 

What’s the point of that? There are instances his team could use a 35(25) with 3 4’s.

Seen enough. Will have a couple of flashy knocks but not a long term player at this point. Let me put it this way a watered down version of Karan Sharma who is a better bowler right now.