Obama on Rahul Gandhi

maniac

46 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

That we need Western ( can't say White man's in this case) approval to validate our general belief that Rahul Gandhi is a dud, itself reeks of a complex.

why do you see it that way?

How about this perspective: this is the assessment of one of the most famous and popular leaders of this generation. He neither has a political agenda or a skin in the game anymore. Doesn’t his opinion amount to anything? 

How about this perspective: this is the assessment of one of the most famous and popular leaders of this generation. He neither has a political agenda or a skin in the game anymore. Doesn’t his opinion amount to anything? 

Exactly. Anyone else would have been labeled a bhakt.

Sent from my SM-M315F using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, maniac said:

Sure it does. But in this particular case, there isn't much of an insight/opinion. 

If he had a view on, for example, India's economy/India's response to Corona vis a vis USA/ Indian American partnership in the coming years etc, we would be all ears. There could be some outside perspective/insight there.

Almost everyone who met RaGa and by extension the countless millions who didn't vote for him know that he's not particularly competent. He's just telling us what we already know. Good for the sale of his book though.

Edited by Mariyam

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

Sure it does. But in this particular case, there isn't much of an insight/opinion. 

If he had a view on, for example, the India's economy/India's response to Corona vis a vis USA/ Indian American partnership in the coming years etc, we would be all ears. There could be some outside perspective/insight there.

Almost everyone who met RaGa and by extension the countless millions who didn't vote for him know that he's not particularly competent. He's just telling us what we already know. Good for the sale of his book though.

This is a personal memoir not Obama’s research paper on Indian administration.

As far as people voting against Ra Ga, I don’t think that’s the case. It is the case of people voting for the BJP or other parties/leaders they think will address their needs rather than against him.

You are saying everyone who met Ra ga has the same assessment, that is an assumption isn’t it? but now when someone of the stature of Obama validates that assumption, you seem to play it down :laugh:

ps: when I say you, not you personally but this

argument that is being thrown around now.

45 minutes ago, maniac said:

This is a personal memoir not Obama’s research paper on Indian administration.

As far as people voting against Ra Ga, I don’t think that’s the case. It is the case of people voting for the BJP or other parties/leaders they think will address their needs rather than against him.

You are saying everyone who met Ra ga has the same assessment, that is an assumption isn’t it? but now when someone of the stature of Obama validates that assumption, you seem to play it down :laugh:

ps: when I say you, not you personally but this

argument that is being thrown around now.

Let me paraphrase: For the better part of the last 10 years, Indian politicians, even those on the same party or from parties with similar ideologies have said the same thing about RaGa. And they were not as charitable with their choice of words either. A Kerala CM called him "Amul Baby". A Congressman called him immature and impulsive. He wasn't a Congressman for long after that.

These are people with whom Raga has spent far more time 'working', than say an Obama , his stature notwithstanding. Hence their opinion, and given that they have skin in the game and quite a lot to lose, carry a lot more weight. 

Let's not even get to RaGa's interviews to TV channels, even the supposedly 'friendly' ones have one faux pas after another. We even have a thread for it.

Obama's reconfirmation of what is pitifully obvious to 1.3 Billion Indians doesn't really come across as an insight. But, like I mentioned before, it could help sell his memoir.

Edited by Mariyam

The only fault of RaGa was his rise coincide with rise of social media.

Sonia benefited and build her “strong aura”, and Rahul was on same path. But for social media, he had to interact with his audience, and the “Pappu” came out open,  and was no longer a secret...

Edited by someone

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

That we need Western ( can't say White man's in this case) approval to validate our general belief that Rahul Gandhi is a dud, itself reeks of a complex.

You can call him a white man, he was as white as any other white politician, no wonder he was elected as president, twice. Grew up in privilege and was hailed as a champion of under privileged . I agree that his comments on RaGa is not something we all didn’t know already. For his supporters, Obama is like the little girl who called out on the emperor’s new clothes, and are all hurt. 

45 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

calls Obama the B-word

He calls obama as modi bhakt :rotfl: why do they get emoshonal over some american ex presidente. did modi care about him not getting visiting visa before he got PM position. this is the difference. this guy gives me the impression that he's no acharya he looks more like a thug to me. maybe he is the inspiration behind that bobby deol series :hmmm:

On 11/14/2020 at 4:23 PM, Mariyam said:

I understand some may seek approval from a vit man or western man but I see it as additional testament. most of the congressis dismiss someone as a bjp bhakt when criticizing RG even if that person is not one. now obama is a bhakt says some cong karyakarta :lol:

1 minute ago, WC2011INDIA said:

Wait till volume 2 is out...same people hailing Obama are going to abuse him. Some choicest words spoken on bjp, RSS, Hindu nationalism. Fun times ahead.

Missing the point? Obama is the icon of libtards, and Rahul is one of their own, yet he has no admiration for Rahul. Even for Indian Muslims, Talk to them privately, they will say he is a Pappu and have zero admiration.

On the other hand, Modi isnt there for personal praises or criticism, as despite the visa ban, he still choose to align closer to USA.