IPL SuperSelector now available - Prize: PUNDITS FROM PAKISTAN

King

Hmm I agree' date=' lemme see if I can do something[/quote'] Substitution for IPL set to 25 points per substitution. @Admins: Substitution costs are now adjustable per super-selector in the admin screen. PS: Unfortunately during this change, the Pak-Bangladesh SS got deleted by accident. My apologies to those who were doing well :(( And :dance: if you were sucking in it :P

Ravi/Varun, I don't know whether this has been discussed before but this is not right. It should be different for different competitions. For Ranji trophy or Test matches, we could change players with some amount of confidence because the players have more time and chances, and one could be reasonably confident of getting back the points. Here is becomes too much of a gamble because it is just two or three cricketers who are likely to return you your fifty points every match. If a player is injured or dropped, you can't even confidently substitute him. Ideally it should be like 75-50 points for 4-5 day matches, 30-50 for ODIs and 25/20 for 20/20. Because of the format, a possibility is that you could change the team everyday. If Mumbai and Kolkata is playing today, I could pick more players from those teams, and swap them for Chennai and Mohali tomorrow. With -25 or -20 for substitution, it is a gamble worth taking because you may win some or lose some. With -50 for sub, you are never going to gain any points.
I agree too..................

Substitution for IPL set to 25 points per substitution. @Admins: Substitution costs are now adjustable per super-selector in the admin screen. PS: Unfortunately during this change, the Pak-Bangladesh SS got deleted by accident. My apologies to those who were doing well :(( And :dance: if you were sucking in it :P
Will it be started afresh again? or will the OLD thing be dug out again?

Will it be started afresh again? or will the OLD thing be dug out again?
Gone I'm afraid.. :( Not much point starting afresh as there's only 1 ODI and 1 T20 left, but if you guys want it I can start it up.

Gone I'm afraid.. :( Not much point starting afresh as there's only 1 ODI and 1 T20 left, but if you guys want it I can start it up.
I would love to have it back.......... Would prove as valuable experiences for new guys like me.......

Varun / Rajeev / Other mods, Yaar today i saw SS and found Pak and Bang missing from SS... Why bhailog :((... i was coming 2nd and hoped to come 1st to recv. some $$$ from ICF and few of my rich friends... :D

Batting: 38 (43) @88.37 (1 4s, 3 6s) Bowling: 3.0-0-35-1 @11.66 (0nb, 1w) Fielding: 1 c, 0 st, 0 runouts
David Hussey gets 17.3 points for hitting 3sixes and 1 wicket + catch only ? whats the algorithm for the points system?

David Hussey gets 17.3 points for hitting 3sixes and 1 wicket + catch only ? whats the algorithm for the points system?
He lost a lot of points for his expensive bowling. To check out the algorithm, click on [Help] in the Superselector page. Plus Hussey may have hit 3 sixes, but his strike rate was still less than 100 (88 to be precise)

Ravi/Varun, I don't know whether this has been discussed before but this is not right. It should be different for different competitions. For Ranji trophy or Test matches, we could change players with some amount of confidence because the players have more time and chances, and one could be reasonably confident of getting back the points. Here is becomes too much of a gamble because it is just two or three cricketers who are likely to return you your fifty points every match. If a player is injured or dropped, you can't even confidently substitute him. Ideally it should be like 75-50 points for 4-5 day matches, 30-50 for ODIs and 25/20 for 20/20. Because of the format, a possibility is that you could change the team everyday. If Mumbai and Kolkata is playing today, I could pick more players from those teams, and swap them for Chennai and Mohali tomorrow. With -25 or -20 for substitution, it is a gamble worth taking because you may win some or lose some. With -50 for sub, you are never going to gain any points.
I am confused now- are folks changing players every day now based on the teams that are playing- and what about injured or missing players (because of international commitments) My confusion is that lets say you subsituted SRT for another player but then SRT comes back in the next match and you bring him back again- won't you lose the points of the original subsitution anyway??? + the -25 every time you subitute. So whats the use of temporary subsitution- its only useful if you retain the subitution in the long term

I am confused now- are folks changing players every day now based on the teams that are playing- and what about injured or missing players (because of international commitments) My confusion is that lets say you subsituted SRT for another player but then SRT comes back in the next match and you bring him back again- won't you lose the points of the original subsitution anyway??? + the -25 every time you subitute. So whats the use of temporary subsitution- its only useful if you retain the subitution in the long term
it say you lose 25 points for every substitution. So the player that you substitute should make more than 25 points to have a net gain. The idea seems to be picking player of the game guys like Maculum and Hussey, then you gain points more than 25. Btw, I have 0 points so far:eyedance:

it say you lose 25 points for every substitution. So the player that you substitute should make more than 25 points to have a net gain. The idea seems to be picking player of the game guys like Maculum and Hussey, then you gain points more than 25. Btw, I have 0 points so far:eyedance:
yeah but you don't get to keep those points if you subsitute that player again, right?? so whats the use??