What right do celebs like Kohli have to lecture commoners about protecting environment?

Gollum

About 95% of the firecrackers in India are produced in Sivakasi, a town in the Virudhunagar district of Tamil Nadu. The firecracker industry is worth around Rs 6,000 crore a year and employs more than 8 lakh workers directly and indirectly. LINK

Cracker ban spells gloom for Sivakasi

Firecracker ban: Sivakasi cracker manufacturers stare at an uncertain future

Fukc elites and these folks

cruzeiro GIF

n9vqwwd.jpg

10 hours ago, Stan AF said:

This is the best post here.

Many Indians simply don't have the trait to give back. It is just not there in our DNA.

That's not correct. Your everyday Indians do more than the regular persons globally, see our donations to temples, daily charity. We believe in karma, and giving back is important, and build in our DNA.

The point is with some of our millionaires, their excessive money can be used for strategic investment for the nation. Instead, they pursue their wealth to get to a seat in the western elite tables.

Whats wrong when someone says the right thing...i don't follow these celebrity pages,but then i have no problem if someone makes sense....we can take it or ignore it,.,All modern western societies have banned the usage of firecrackers for domestic purposes. So why can't we adopt something good and useful...Be it Kohli or anyone that says something sensible...why we need to attack them with ''whataboutery''...Whether he makes sense or not...Thats the only question...Here Kohli makes sense...Thats it.

On 11/14/2020 at 11:50 PM, VT87 said:

To hell with this piece of @@@ but I got effected from corona on 7 October  recovered on 18 October but still have many symptoms like whole body aching, constant fatigue, and short of breath whenever I talked  more,I was totally terrified in diwali cause there was a lot of fireworks in my vicinity, the place become gass chamber  but luckily I didn't effected. 

Good that you opened up sothat people can foresee blind hatred without any sensibilities...

On 11/16/2020 at 3:39 AM, LordPrabhzy said:

Let’s see if she has the same view when celebrities start calling out slaughtering of innocent animals on Eid. Then we will see if freedom of speech exists.

Right now only Hindu festivals are being targeted so free speech is a good thing and must be allowed.

Banning firecrackers is not an attack on Hinduism...comeon!

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

why can’t they ban the stubble burning in Haryana and Punjab, the real reason for the deterioration of air pollution and attack the one day of Diwali?

May be they look for alternatives in the coming days...but why always this whataboutery..?I felt that we as a society has become so fragile and fickleminded just like those muslim groups who burn everything at the drop of a hat calling it as an attack on Islam...we used to mock them and yet we are right at the same path..It looks like we want to be like them to protect our religion...I don't know its a good idea...everything making it into anti Hindutva...

Definitely there are certain things that needs to be taken care of , but banning firecarckers is not a bad idea...imo..not an attack on hinduism...Atleast the Hindu inside me doesn't feel threatened by that..

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

why can’t they ban the stubble burning in Haryana and Punjab, the real reason for the deterioration of air pollution and attack the one day of Diwali?

If they do call for that ban, they should also provide viable alternatives.  They are not that smart or concerned.    

Their biggest hypocrisy is pointed out in the initial few posts on this thread - celebrities' overall individual environmental footprint is much higher than that of the kids bursting crackers or an individual farmer burning stubble.   Until their own footprint is equal to or less than the people they are preaching to - be it farmers or kids - they need to shut the eff up or bear the backlash.

4 hours ago, riya said:

Definitely there are certain things that needs to be taken care of , but banning firecarckers is not a bad idea...imo..not an attack on hinduism...Atleast the Hindu inside me doesn't feel threatened by that..

Where is Hinduism coming in your ad-hominems?  We are calling out on the hypocrisy of these celebs on Diwali celebrations of ONE-DAY to preach us on pollution etc., when they fly to Italy to get married and have gas-guzzling SUVs for convenience. 

AQI of Delhi 1 month before was worse on Diwali day. Why is banning crackers a good idea in your opinion? What good does it serve other than resentment of those jailed for bursting a few crackers. Be practical

7 hours ago, Lannister said:

Just love how he riled up the gobar guzzling Hindus all over the country. May he continue in Indian captaincy for 10 more years and keep inflicting the pain on bhakts. 

Personal insults and Hinduphobic remarks are all you wokie liberandus can do sitting behind a laptop.

shame you won’t have the guts to say it to my face. Ask me why.

6 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Personal insults and Hinduphobic remarks are all you wokie liberandus can do sitting behind a laptop.

Only gaandus will issue threats on the online. So many liberals and atheists are openly shitting on casteist Hindu religion. 

On 11/19/2020 at 4:05 PM, Gollum said:

All the states/UTs that banned crackers in the eleventh hour causing misery to manufacturers in Sivakasi, hope TN govt repays the favor by imposing steep tariffs or maybe even bans on products from there, who said trade wars can happen only between countries? Cascade effect so be it, let everyone get affected, let everyone feel the economic pinch, maybe that will make them more considerate towards local entrepreneurs and traders. In future if Bengal, Haryana, UP, Rajasthan govts want to ban crackers let them pass orders 10 months in advance rather than screwing everybody over with their last minute BS announcements. 

Don't think it created misery to manufacturers but sellers. Sellers purchased cracker much before ban was declared. 

17 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Lannister has a grouse with the caste system in Hinduism and that should not be equated with criticizing with respect to other religions...  I hope Lannister can differentiate that 

10 hours ago, Lannister said:

Only gaandus will issue threats on the online. So many liberals and atheists are openly shitting on casteist Hindu religion. 

So which religion doesn't have class bias and caste bias.....? I never saw one..

3 hours ago, diga said:

Lannister has a grouse with the caste system in Hinduism and that should not be equated with criticizing with respect to other religions...  I hope Lannister can differentiate that 

Well, I am an anti-theist. By definition, I am against any religion and most importantly god. There's only one god in my life and that's me.