Classic Films (pre 1990)

zen

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Bond Theme song inspired by Indian classical music, see the connection 

Bond theme was composed by Monty Norman .... but I see what you mean as he was working on an Indian play where he split a tune of an Eng song that was sung in an Indian way 

Edited by zen

The Spy Who Came In from the Cold (1965): highlights the unglamorous and vulnerable world of spies facing double crosses in the cold war era based on John le Carre's famous novel by the same name and starring Richard Burton

Mad Max (1980): The Australian Cult Classic. I saw it a few months ago in HD and thought it was good. When I found that it is available in 4K Dolby Vision, I decided to check it out again. Have to say it elevated the experience. I watched it in detail this time - the violence, the horror (esp. when "Jessie" is being targeted is next level stuff esp. for that time, making you care for the character), the action, the score (suitable for the film), etc. combine to make the film grow on you. Gibson's entry is nice. The villain(s) are among the best of AT. Crazy film. 

PS reminds me of the Jeetendra-Sridevi's 1985 film Balidaan that was inspired by it iirc. 

Edited by zen

I am a huge classic films fan. Since I was born in the last 80s, the term "Classic" represents pre 1960s for me :) But I will play along with the thread definition .

13 of my top 20 all time fav films are from pre-1990. 

Its a Wonderful Life (1946)

Dr Strangelove (1964)

Psycho (1960)

Bicycle Thieves (1948)

12 Angry Men (1957)

The Seven Samurai (1954)

Singing in the Rain (1952)

African Queen (1951)

The Birds (1963)

Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)

Come and See (1985)

The Gods Must be Crazy (1981)