ICF Member Interview: Vilander

Gollum

8 hours ago, Vilander said:

i was in Finland at the time, my friends at the time did a weeklong tour around from Estonia to st.petersburg. Regretted missing it after seeing some of the pics. Beautiful place. 

Never been to Estonia just to neighbouring Lithuania. When I move to Latvia going to take train to Moscow and St Petersburg only about 600km away .

Will send you some photos , will get you a Russian bride ...you are a NASA astronaut with your own private jet and luxury boat aren't you ? :--D

1 hour ago, Tattieboy said:

Never been to Estonia just to neighbouring Lithuania. When I move to Latvia going to take train to Moscow and St Petersburg only about 600km away .

Will send you some photos , will get you a Russian bride ...you are a NASA astronaut with your own private jet and luxury boat aren't you ? :--D

Nasa astronauts definitely don't own private jets or yachts :laugh:.. neither do i

On 11/17/2020 at 3:27 PM, Gollum said:

ICF: Tell us about your interest in photography.

Vilander: I go on photo walks and carry enthusiast level gear. Few of my favorite shots are urban architecture in Rome, large spaces like Colosseum, castles with tree foliage frame, rural pics from Germany, geocache walks etc.

Share some photos! Or a link where they're hosted...Would love to see it.

7 hours ago, sandeep said:

For the obvious reason that comes to mind as to the reason why Brits often frequent places like Estonia and Latvia.  Hint: Its a specific sort of tourism.

You don't mean me and my Latvian partner of 15 years visiting family and staying in our appartment in Latvia ? ...you mean some other kind of tourism ?:two_thumbs_up:

On 11/18/2020 at 1:57 AM, Gollum said:

ICF: What is your educational background?

Vilander: I have educational background in Engineering Management and Cognitive Sciences.

Cognitive Science and linguistics will be the hottest fields in the future like data science today. Provided we have enough energy resources to sustain an artificial intelligence ecosystem.

9 hours ago, MechEng said:

Cognitive Science and linguistics will be the hottest fields in the future like data science today. Provided we have enough energy resources to sustain an artificial intelligence ecosystem.

Its still in discovery lots of hype less proven applications. It will continue to ebb and flow for some time. Ai startups are interesting space to follow.