ICC World Test Championship 2019-21 [Continued]

Stan AF

Who will be the finalists for WTC??  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be #1 and #2 in the points table?

• Australia & India
    • Australia & New Zealand
    • New Zealand & India
    • England & Australia
    • England & India
    • England & New Zealand
    • Other teams except top 4

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yes but same team retained the Ashes in Eng..  And we all saw how England hammered Saffers in their own den & Australians have enjoyed playing on those surfaces & their record in SA is great overall. 

Man to man SA doesn't have the firepower to down Australia.  Both teams would be under the pump though due to poor performances recently. 

Starc would be dropped & Pattinson will play instead I reckon. 

Ashes was Australia's best performance in last 5 years and even that series was a draw.. and that is after rain saving them in second match at Lords. They needed Smith to go into God mode and put in one of the best ever series performance for a batsman and still could only draw the series. Pattinson played in that series too. If Aussies win in SA, it will need another such sensational series for 2-3 of their players.

SA has enough fire power for their pitches suiting fast bowlers. They didn't play Mulder in this match but he will certainly play at home.. I predict a very competitive and entertaining series, whoever wins

1 hour ago, Soldier said:

No not poor performance by Aussies vs Indiana. Aussi s played really well. India MADE them look poorer in comparison because India is the better side when they play to their potential. India is the best side in the world if they play at their p ak ability and it showed. 

I still maintain if Captain lolli was there we'd have lost.  Reason why I was so happy when he was going home.  Rahane's Tactics were spot on throughout.

1 hour ago, Serpico said:

Ashes was Australia's best performance in last 5 years and even that series was a draw.. and that is after rain saving them in second match at Lords. They needed Smith to go into God mode and put in one of the best ever series performance for a batsman and still could only draw the series. Pattinson played in that series too. If Aussies win in SA, it will need another such sensational series for 2-3 of their players.

SA has enough fire power for their pitches suiting fast bowlers. They didn't play Mulder in this match but he will certainly play at home.. I predict a very competitive and entertaining series, whoever wins

Yeah also Aus can't even afford a single lost game there.  I know for a fact that pitches would be repeat of 2018 series between two sides.  

12 minutes ago, Samcric said:

NZ are through to the final of WTC. If India win 2-1 or better, they will be through. Basically any of the below will do for India:

2-1

2-0

3-1

3-0

4-0

That's bs althought we did kick Aussies butt. They don't deserve to be there anyway. Still would have loved to see this clash. Saffers Vs Aussies is always exciting. 

Wow our arch nemesis through to the final ROFL in Condtions that suit them. They are better than us in swing Condtions. We are better than n.z in every other pitch including spin, pace/bounce and flat. 

We need to smash England first and then practice county asap. 

21 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Even our best shot is against NZ. 

Don’t want to face Australia in a knockout that too at lords. 

Winning in England and especially lords is a lottery. You win the toss and bat first, chances are you win.

In n.z most games are a lottery too for good touring teams. Win the toss and always bowl in n.z 

25 minutes ago, Soldier said:

Winning in England and especially lords is a lottery. You win the toss and bat first, chances are you win.

In n.z most games are a lottery too for good touring teams. Win the toss and always bowl in n.z 

At lords, until now teams winning toss won 50 matches, teams losing toss won 39. Not exactly 50-50 but pretty close. Pakistan lost the toss and won the match by 9 wickets just 2 years ago. England is actually better place to lose the toss (unlike Aus) because bowlers will get some assistance and can get some early wickets

Edited by Serpico
56 minutes ago, Serpico said:

At lords, until now teams winning toss won 50 matches, teams losing toss won 39. Not exactly 50-50 but pretty close. Pakistan lost the toss and won the match by 9 wickets just 2 years ago. England is actually better place to lose the toss (unlike Aus) because bowlers will get some assistance and can get some early wickets

True but we have no swing bowlers apart from Siraj. We need Bhuvi back. Ishant will do good I think. Let's see. 

7 hours ago, Soldier said:

True but we have no swing bowlers apart from Siraj. We need Bhuvi back. Ishant will do good I think. Let's see. 

Shardul Thakur was the only one on either side to get any swing at the Gabba.  But I don't want to see him playing in the WTC Final, that's for sure.

7 hours ago, GeeGaw said:

So even though India is ahead of Australia right now, Australia has more scenarios that put them in the final than India does.  That's f'ed up.

All India needs is to win two tests against Eng. A drawn series will put Aus ahead.

Time to unleash Ashwin, Axar and Kuldeep against English 

Edited by coffee_rules