ICC World Test Championship 2019-21 [Continued]

Stan AF

Who will be the finalists for WTC??  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be #1 and #2 in the points table?

• Australia & India
    • Australia & New Zealand
    • New Zealand & India
    • England & Australia
    • England & India
    • England & New Zealand
    • Other teams except top 4

15 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

India need to win 2 and draw 1 of the next 3 games. 

England to qualify need two more victories.

The interesting thing is if England win 2-0 or 2-1 or 1-0 or the series is drawn 1-1 , Australia will qualify. According to me this looks the likeliest result at the moment.

Even 2-2 is very likely. Who will it favour ? 

17 hours ago, sage said:

England need 3 wins minimum, India need to win the series.

WTC is a joke. If someone told me take series win Aus or WTC, I would have happily taken series win in Aus.

A solitary test match cannot be judge of a 2 year long tournament. Just a marketing gimmick it is. 

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

WTC is a joke. If someone told me take series win Aus or WTC, I would have happily taken series win in Aus.

A solitary test match cannot be judge of a 2 year long tournament. Just a marketing gimmick it is. 

Format is joke..  NZ qualify on the basis of home wins & easy draw.  To me both England & India deserve to play the final after what they achieved overseas.  Eng won Two overseas tour in SA & SL & doing well here.  India also won in WI & Aus.  It's a shame only one of them will get to play it.  But then again there's no excuse if India loses 3-0 at home or worse. 

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Format is joke..  NZ qualify on the basis of home wins & easy draw.  To me both England & India deserve to play the final after what they achieved overseas.  Eng won Two overseas tour in SA & SL & doing well here.  India also won in WI & Aus.  It's a shame only one of them will get to play it.  But then again there's no excuse if India loses 3-0 at home or worse. 

Get your point regarding away wins but there is one more contentious issue here i.e. venue of the final. Why is it England? Why should they enjoy home advantage if they reach final?

Overall this joke of a format deserves a rain curtailed finale. Would be apt for this gimmick.

57 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Get your point regarding away wins but there is one more contentious issue here i.e. venue of the final. Why is it England? Why should they enjoy home advantage if they reach final?

Overall this joke of a format deserves a rain curtailed finale. Would be apt for this gimmick.

Hmm there is no definite neutral Venue... UAE will suit India more.  Nearest to neutral might be West Indies or Barbados..  Which is seam friendly plus aids spin. 

Also hearing Southampton might host the final instead of Lords so that is a welcome move considering it has been on the slower side on our last two tests there..  Although we lost from Moeen Ali both times. 

10 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Hmm there is no definite neutral Venue... UAE will suit India more.  Nearest to neutral might be West Indies or Barbados..  Which is seam friendly plus aids spin. 

Also hearing Southampton might host the final instead of Lords so that is a welcome move considering it has been on the slower side on our last two tests there..  Although we lost from Moeen Ali both times. 

They could have finalized 5-6 big venues for the finale depending on the cricket season to have neutral venues for this competition. This whole thing has been haphazardly planned.

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

Final location will be cycled around for future WTCs...