ICC World Test Championship 2019-21 [Continued]

Stan AF

Who will be the finalists for WTC??  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be #1 and #2 in the points table?

• Australia & India
    • Australia & New Zealand
    • New Zealand & India
    • England & Australia
    • England & India
    • England & New Zealand
    • Other teams except top 4

51 minutes ago, Jay said:

Tests is the pinnacle or cricket. But each to their own I guess. 

Of course it is. But youre comparing an away win to winning a multi country world cup. Its two different things entirely.

Now if you said a WTC vs an ODI World Cup thats an entirely different argument.

However, India's 2011 WC win is always >>>> then the Test Series win in Australia 2020-21.

39 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

World Cup win trumps everything.

It's called a World Cup for crying out loud.

Correct.

I explained to him however that if India win the WTC then of course its better than the ODI WC.

But to compare an away win as better than a WC is wrong.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Of course it is. But youre comparing an away win to winning a multi country world cup. Its two different things entirely.

Now if you said a WTC vs an ODI World Cup thats an entirely different argument.

However, India's 2011 WC win is always >>>> then the Test Series win in Australia 2020-21.

Fair enough but for me I prefer test dominance. World number 1 in tests is far more important to me than even WC. 

Kohli and Shastri agreed that winning in Australia back to back was greater than the world cup triumph. 

Winning a test series in India is the dream for Langer and the English. 

Even when England beat us last in 2012 vs our old geriatric washed up side with old legends all playing past their expiry date, it was looked upon as one of the greatest triumphs ever. Not to mention that same english team got spanked in Pakistan and Sri Lanka before touring India. Yet no one mentioned those loses. Only the win over India is talked about. That's the magic of test cricket...

For Aussies the 2004 is easily their best win ever. 

Read this beautiful post from cricistan. Never heard of that dump site before but I was impressed; our very own harsh Thakor as usual posted some idiotic troll thread about best ever Asian team. Apparently according to this genius below, current Pakistan is better than current India and also 96-99 Pakistan is better than 2005-2011 India and current kohlis India ROFL. If this post shouldn't be here please delete it or move it somewhere else. Just thought it was hilarious at the delusion amongst the green trundlers. 

In my opinion, Wasim Akram ki team buhat buhat buhat strong team thi.. even stronger than Steve Waugh's Aussies, Ricky Ponting's Aussies, Westindies of 80s... Ganguly ki India to koi team hi nahi thi imo... Aaj wali Indian team bhi kuch nahi hai imo... In my opinion, right now Pakistan current team is better than current Indian team aur Inzi Woolmer ki team was better than India of 2004-2006 eventhough India had Fab 5 but dekha jaye to Inzi ki team ne India ko buhat bura phenta lagaya us zamane mein eventhough we were always under rated...
Wasim ki team mere khayal mein history ki strongest team thi... Sirf apni infighting ki waja se underachieve kiya us team ne imo whereas Steve Waugh's team and Ricky Ponting's Australia achieved so much cus there was no infighting within their team... Reason agar aap Pakistan ki bowling ko aur Australia ki 90s 00s ki bowling ko compare karein Pakistan ke pass Wasim, Waqar, Saqlain, Shoaib, Afridi, Aamir Sohail, Razzaq, Azhar yeh sab the jab ke Australia ke pass Mcgrath aur Warne main bowlers the... Brett Lee ko agar aap Shoaib Akhtar se compare karte ho to Shoaib was miles ahead imo... Gellespie ke saamne Waqar Younus ko rakhte ho to Waqar was miles ahead... Wasim ke saamne McGrath ko agar rakhte ho to Wasim jaisa bowler cricket history mein nahi aaya.. McGrath to sirf 1 jaga per laa kar ball karta tha Wasim ke pass variety thi 6 alag ball karta tha aur reverse swing aur new ball alag... Shahid Afridi Aamir Sohail Razzaq Azhar yeh sab under rated the... Warne ko Saqlain ko agar compare karein no doubt Warne jaisa spinner cricket history mein nahi aaya just like Wasim with fast bowling yehan Australia ko edge hai but Saqlain bhi koi kam nahi tha mere khayal mein Saqlain Murali se better bowler tha cus of doosra... Test match bowling hi jeetati hai batsman ko decent total post karna hota hai board per aur Pakistan ke pass itni batting thi ke woh regularly decent totals post karte the... Wasim Akram ki team ko mere khayal se 99 World Cup jeetna chahye tha but Wasim Akram ke raaste mein Steve Waugh, Michael Bevan aur Shane Warne agaye mere hisaab se... specially Steve Waugh and Michael Bevan partnership won 99 World Cup for Australia... Australia ke pass Ponting, Mark Waugh, Gilchrist bhi the but World Cup unko Steve Waugh, Bevan aur Warne ne jeetaya tha imo...

Edited by Jay
1 hour ago, Jay said:

Fair enough but for me I prefer test dominance. World number 1 in tests is far more important to me than even WC. 

Kohli and Shastri agreed that winning in Australia back to back was greater than the world cup triumph. 

Winning a test series in India is the dream for Langer and the English. 

Even when England beat us last in 2012 vs our old geriatric washed up side with old legends all playing past their expiry date, it was looked upon as one of the greatest triumphs ever. Not to mention that same english team got spanked in Pakistan and Sri Lanka before touring India. Yet no one mentioned those loses. Only the win over India is talked about. That's the magic of test cricket...

For Aussies the 2004 is easily their best win ever. 

Its not for Australia, World Cups and winning the Ashes is always been the pinnacle of Australian cricket. Not beating India in India.

Kohli and Shastri are feeding their egos claiming the Australia series win was great than the WC. The WC win in India stopped the entire nation for those crucial hours. Players were treated like kings and paid handsome bonuses.

If you took a poll on here, I would think the majority of posters would rather India win the WC than win a series in Australia. In fact Im definite on that.

19 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Its not for Australia, World Cups and winning the Ashes is always been the pinnacle of Australian cricket. Not beating India in India.

Kohli and Shastri are feeding their egos claiming the Australia series win was great than the WC. The WC win in India stopped the entire nation for those crucial hours. Players were treated like kings and paid handsome bonuses.

If you took a poll on here, I would think the majority of posters would rather India win the WC than win a series in Australia. In fact Im definite on that.

Yea that's fair. But is that above being number 1 in tests for 4-5 years ? Personally I prefer being world number 1 in tests for 4 years over winning the WC. 

The casual fans would defo prefer WC no doubt. But I would never ever want to sacrifice world number 1 ranking in tests for a WC triumph. 

One of the main reasons why I despise dhoni. Never can forgive him for the 9 0 in ENA post 2011. 

Edited by Jay