ICC World Test Championship 2019-21 [Continued]

Stan AF

Who will be the finalists for WTC??  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be #1 and #2 in the points table?

• Australia & India
    • Australia & New Zealand
    • New Zealand & India
    • England & Australia
    • England & India
    • England & New Zealand
    • Other teams except top 4

should be interesting. I expect the whinging pommies to give us a green track to embarrass us as "revenge" for this current series and to favour their buddies NZ (who have the same head of state - Lizzie the Second). on a green track, boult-southee-wagner-jamieson will be deadly, backed up by the canny medium pace of de grandhomme.

12 minutes ago, Vijy said:

should be interesting. I expect the whinging pommies to give us a green track to embarrass us as "revenge" for this current series and to favour their buddies NZ (who have the same head of state - Lizzie the Second). on a green track, boult-southee-wagner-jamieson will be deadly, backed up by the canny medium pace of de grandhomme.

Its the ICC who is managing the pitch,i dont mind a green pitch tbh honest but would hate a flat Lords pitch and a draw in the inaugural WTC.

2 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

Its the ICC who is managing the pitch,i dont mind a green pitch tbh honest but would hate a flat Lords pitch and a draw in the inaugural WTC.

Only thing that could create a draw is the infamous english weather

24 minutes ago, Gollum said:

ICC will want it be a spectacle. Match must last for at least 4 days, accordingly they will prepare the pitch. Not extreme, just a hunch. Overhead conditions to play a bigger role, like in that WC SF.

Playing in June means it won't be that warm too..  Overhead conditions to play a massive role.  BCCI needs to send a huge contingent to play at least one intra squad warm up in the quarantine period. 

15 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

I wish the final was a 3 match series. In a one off game anything can happen, especially if we don't go in well prepared which usually happens in foreign tours, Australia being an exception.

and I would rather have seen the series played in Oz. the pitches have something for pacers, for spinners, and for batsmen willing to grit it out. plus, NZ has a psychological block against playing in Oz.

34 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

It’s going to be in Southampton and not Lords ad confirmed by Ganguly

We should win tbh. Only lords is dangerous for us given the Conditions. 

If we under estimate n.z we are phucked. 

If Rahane was captain I would be ultra confident. With Virat you never know. 

He never gets selection right. He chokes. He makes other players suffer due to his inability to handle pressure. 

51 minutes ago, Jay said:

He never gets selection right. He chokes. He makes other players suffer due to his inability to handle pressure. 

yes to the above.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

And he loses the all important toss time and again ..:facepalm:

4 hours ago, nitinbwj said:

And he loses the all important toss time and again ..:facepalm:

God how can someone be such a pannauti lmao ? 

I get losing tosses but he lost tosses in every semi final of ICC tournament. 

Only one he won was Champions league 2017 and even there he phucked up and chose to bowl on a flat pitch omg. 

51 minutes ago, Jay said:

God how can someone be such a pannauti lmao ? 

I get losing tosses but he lost tosses in every semi final of ICC tournament. 

Only one he won was Champions league 2017 and even there he phucked up and chose to bowl on a flat pitch omg. 

it's because he was doing his best to cozy up to the padosis, and praising amir to the heavens. His name should not be Vi-rat, it should be PR-rat.

Edited by Vijy

Kohli will be silently waiting for this Final...This will be redemption time for him

I just hope RCB has a decent outing this season as that will do a world of good for his confidence

India may not get another chance to win this, I just hope we plan well for this

Again cliched again as it may sound..The focus will be on our batting..We will need runs on the board, the bowlers will do the rest