ICC World Test Championship 2019-21 [Continued]

Stan AF

Who will be the finalists for WTC??  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be #1 and #2 in the points table?

• Australia & India
    • Australia & New Zealand
    • New Zealand & India
    • England & Australia
    • England & India
    • England & New Zealand
    • Other teams except top 4

42 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

When we win tomorrow Indian team would be at like (390/540) roughly 72.22%. An improvement of around 2%.

Australia would be like 326/420 which is what like roughly 77.62. A drop of 6%.

I wonder if we win the series 3-1( hypothetically)  Are Aussies gonaa be in trouble for WTC final?  They got a SAF series away tour lined up as well..  If it happens

9 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I wonder if we win the series 3-1( hypothetically)  Are Aussies gonaa be in trouble for WTC final?  They got a SAF series away tour lined up as well..  If it happens

Yes. We would  be the 1st team to qualify and then it will be a 3 way race for the 2nd spot between Australia, NZ and maybe England.

Because if we win 3-1 here, we'll definitely win atleast 2 or maybe even 3 tests against england throwing in one draw. We'll be comfortably around 540-570 and that would be 75% or even more.

3 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

30 pointttttsssss.

India at 390 now. Much much needed. 390/540 now.

Australia 326/420. They drop below 80% now.

540... Isnt each series worth about 120 pts? or are you counting 60 pts for the 2 tests so far?

Anyway its 72% for us and Aus 77.6%

Just now, diga said:

540... Isnt each series worth about 120 pts? or are you counting 60 pts for the 2 tests so far?

Anyway its 72% for us and Aus 77.6%

Yes. I'm going one by one after each test match is finished. We have finished 2 matches in this series and so we have contested for 540 points. Once the other 2 matches in this series is done the points contested will be at 600.

Yeah i wrote the percentages in my post yesterday itself. I can't wait to grab the next 60 points now.

4 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Yes. We would  be the 1st team to qualify and then it will be a 3 way race for the 2nd spot between Australia, NZ and maybe England.

Because if we win 3-1 here, we'll definitely win atleast 2 or maybe even 3 tests against england throwing in one draw. We'll be comfortably around 540-570 and that would be 75% or even more.

It'll be tough for Eng..  Two away series in SL & Ind back to back.  Ideally it's a 3 way ride Aus/Ind/NZ.

51 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

I still believe if NZ whitewash both Pakistan and Bangaldesh they will qualify for the finals. They almost have one match in the bag and 3 more to go. 

Not if we win 4-0 vs England.  Lolli & Shastri will not let poms escape this now..  As we have a genuine chance at final after what happened in MCG. 

3 hours ago, G_B_ said:

so whats the state of play?

India assuming the lose the remaining matches (I feel they wont but looking at worst case scenario). I think we need to beat England 3-0?

we need to beat them 4-0. I'm worried about the d/n test at the new Ahmadabad ground. What is the Covid situation there? a ton of matches of the tour is in Ahmadabad.

6 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

It'll be tough for Eng..  Two away series in SL & Ind back to back.  Ideally it's a 3 way ride Aus/Ind/NZ.

ENG have to win every match in SL and IND to qualify if NZ wins both matches against PAK and their BD series gets canceled.

Does anyone think the ENG series is going to be played in IND?  I don’t.  Cheats at ICC are going to move it to UAE to give ENG every edge they can.

33 minutes ago, GeeGaw said:

ENG have to win every match in SL and IND to qualify if NZ wins both matches against PAK and their BD series gets canceled.

Does anyone think the ENG series is going to be played in IND?  I don’t.  Cheats at ICC are going to move it to UAE to give ENG every edge they can.

Pitches in u.a.e is a bit slow. But India should be fine there. India should be favourites to beat anyone in u.a.e imo. Anywhere in Asia. 

I don't see India not routing England. Minimum 3 0 phainta.