ICC World Test Championship 2019-21 [Continued]

Stan AF

Who will be the finalists for WTC??  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be #1 and #2 in the points table?

• Australia & India
    • Australia & New Zealand
    • New Zealand & India
    • England & Australia
    • England & India
    • England & New Zealand
    • Other teams except top 4

If India England series is played, India will have to reach 504 points to qualify for the Test Championship final. Since 504/720 x 10= 70%, so India needs  114 points from the remaining 6 Test Matches ( 2 Tests against Australia and 4 against England ) , as India is currently on 390 points. 

If India England series is not played , India will have to reach 420 points to qualify for the Test Championship Final. Since , 420/600 x 100 = 70%, so India will need 30 points from the 2 remaining Tests against Australia. This means India will have to win one more Test against Australia. 

If India loses both Tests against Australia, their percentage falls below that of NZ who are on 70%.

If India loses next two tests against Aussies , 390/600 x 100 = 65 %

If India Draw both Tests against the Aussies they will get 20 points ( 10 points each for drawn tests ) . So 410/600 x 100 = 68.3%. Still falling short.

2 minutes ago, VT87 said:

When was the last time Nz won single test match against Aus,Ind,Eng and Sa in away series.?

I think their last away series in England they drew the Test series 1-1 in 2015.  Lost 3 match series to SA 1-0 in 2016.

Their away wins vs Pak & SL has led to them being no 1 & favorable scheduling as well. 

26 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I think their last away series in England they drew the Test series 1-1 in 2015.  Lost 3 match series to SA 1-0 in 2016.

Their away wins vs Pak & SL has led to them being no 1 & favorable scheduling as well. 

Them, poyzz and  Sri lanka play these mickey mouse two match series that work well in their favour. 

Sri lanka won 1-0 in England 2014.

New zealand drew 1-1 in England in 2013, 2015  and in Australia 2011. 

Poyzz drew 1-1 in England in 2018. 

We would have won 1-0 in Eng (2014) and drew 1-1 here agar the Aussies if we played 2 game series'. But we play 4-5 game series. Not complaining though. 

This Sydney test is going to be huge for our chances of a Lords final. Even a draw will do very nicely as then we can afford to let a draw at home against England. 

As good as we are (at home), England are not Windies or Bangladesh to get swept that easily. Their 2016 team was pathetic (Ducket, Ansari, Dud Rashid, some Gareth batty ,dud pace attack) but still managed a draw game.  Now they have improved albeit slightly on all fronts. Incredible batting depth, resurgence of stokes and Butler with the bat, emergence of Archer (all three of them big x-factors), handy spinners (Leach,Bess) and some good young batters (Crawley, Pope, Flakes).....

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we even win 3-0 this time around.

55 minutes ago, VT87 said:

When was the last time Nz won single test match against Aus,Ind,Eng and Sa in away series.?

Aus 2011 Hobart

India probably in 80s when Hadlee was there

RSA I think they won once in early 90s under Crowe

Eng 2015

11 minutes ago, Norman said:

This Sydney test is going to be huge for our chances of a Lords final. Even a draw will do very nicely as then we can afford to let a draw at home against England. 

As good as we are (at home), England are not Windies or Bangladesh to get swept that easily. Their 2016 team was pathetic (Ducket, Ansari, Dud Rashid, some Gareth batty ,dud pace attack) but still managed a draw game.  Now they have improved albeit slightly on all fronts. Incredible batting depth, resurgence of stokes and Butler with the bat, emergence of Archer (all three of them big x-factors), handy spinners (Leach,Bess) and some good young batters (Crawley, Pope, Flakes).....

We had mental scars in 2016 and that showed in Rajkot test

That batting lineup was stronger with Cook and peak Root (better than Kohli then)

25 minutes ago, Norman said:

Anything less than 3 0 would be a disgrace. 

Kohli will be back with a vengeance. I am sure all our boys will be on fire. Dont forger bumrah will be in the test for the poms. Our bowling is deadly and add it jaddu plus ashwin. We are the GOAT home bullies of all time. I dont see england even drawing a test tbh. 

27 minutes ago, Norman said:

Them, poyzz and  Sri lanka play these mickey mouse two match series that work well in their favour. 

Sri lanka won 1-0 in England 2014.

New zealand drew 1-1 in England in 2013, 2015  and in Australia 2011. 

Poyzz drew 1-1 in England in 2018. 

We would have won 1-0 in Eng (2014) and drew 1-1 here agar the Aussies if we played 2 game series'. But we play 4-5 game series. Not complaining though. 

Poyzz actually had a one decent 4 match drawn 2-2 series against England tour in 2016 that they brag about endlessly.  

That series is the reason ECB invites Poyzz over & over.  Australia doesn't even bothers giving them prime time in their Summer.  Last year they Poyzz were not given a slot to both Boxing day & New year's test in Australia.  They were basically a filler side in early summer lol. 

We have only ourselves to blame for our failures in England.  That was a weak English side we lost to in 2014..  Cook was about to lose his Captaincy if we had won one more after lords.  Nobodies like Ballance were troubling us. 

Also were lucky to get luxury 2 match series in SA & NZ in 2014 but we shat our pants in both those tours.  We were beyond rubbish in 2012-15 period no two ways about it.  Dark three years. 

Any link?

Read some article don't quite remember where. HT or Indian express I think. That some "unknown sources" from the England TM saying that they were reluctant to play in India amidst the strain and that it may get called off if some of them test +ve. And then Moeen did.
1 minute ago, Norman said:
31 minutes ago, Gollum said:
Any link?

Read some article don't quite remember where. HT or Indian express I think. That some "unknown sources" from the England TM saying that they were reluctant to play in India amidst the strain.

Hope we play at least the tests, ODIs/T20s who cares?

11 minutes ago, Tyron said:

Anything less than 3 0 would be a disgrace. 

Kohli will be back with a vengeance. I am sure all our boys will be on fire. Dont forger bumrah will be in the test for the poms. Our bowling is deadly and add it jaddu plus ashwin. We are the GOAT home bullies of all time. I dont see england even drawing a test tbh. 

Pink ball test is a concern, that too in the new Ahmedabad stadium, we have no idea how the conditions will behave. 

That batting lineup was stronger with Cook and peak Root (better than Kohli then)

Don't quite agree. Yeah Cook was there but this his downfall started from this series and. Apart from Root no-one were consistent run getters. Stokes was good but nowhere near his current self.

Don't think Root was better than Kohli. He was getting 60s and 70s (he still does) but zero big impactful knocks.