India team's full schedule for 2021

Austin 3:!6

On 1/9/2021 at 2:55 AM, Frustrated said:

England are so lucky.  They would be up against a depleted India B team.

All the key Indian players have been injured and there is hardly any chance of them being match fit on time.

Golden opportunity for England to whitewash us 4-0.  And seal the final spot in WTC.

problem with England is, they still dont have a good spinner and Moeen isnt going to pull an Ashwin and take 25 wickets at 18 for the series. He is at best a 2nd spinner who can complement a primary spinner on spin wickets or take a few odd wickets after their pacers run roughshod on seaming wickets.

Also a big problem with England is, their best player of spin in test cricket- Cook - retired. Now they only have Root and Root has been declining for a while now under pressures of captaincy, Rest of their team is faltu against spin. 

I wish India's top cricketer don't play the mindless white ball series vs SL, Zim and even Asia Cup.

Concentrate on away England series in July. Arrive early, Play atleast 3 practice matches and be match ready.

Remember we have pathetic record against England in England last decade. ( 0-4, 1-3, 1-4).

We must fix that in 2021 series.

21 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

I wish India's top cricketer don't play the mindless white ball series vs SL, Zim and even Asia Cup.

Concentrate on away England series in July. Arrive early, Play atleast 3 practice matches and be match ready.

Remember we have pathetic record against England in England last decade. ( 0-4, 1-3, 1-4).

We must fix that in 2021 series.

Also, the fast bowlers need to be monitored. Cant afford to have unfit bowlers thanks to IPL

3 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Not a fan of playing SENA teams like England so often. We toured them in 2018 for crying out loud. Also needs to be cut to 4 tests. 

Yeah should've been next year after SA tour...  SL Test tour was due in July August window I guess as we toured there in 2017.

Poor scheduling 9 BTB tests vs same opposition is overkill. 

2 hours ago, Serpico said:

We should have had a continuous 14-18 month home season like in 2016-17. Easy to retain the no.1 rank that way. Now we have to win the series in england and SA to retain the rank

But that was extremely harsh on many of our cricketers. We played  13 test matches on the trot along with quite a few ODIs and T20's. 

2 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

But that was extremely harsh on many of our cricketers. We played  13 test matches on the trot along with quite a few ODIs and T20's. 

but they are also playing 15 test matches this year on the top of wt20, so whats the difference? They should have scheduled england tour next yr and invited Lanka for a 3 match series. A no-pressure 3 match minnow bashing would have been ideal one month before WT20 than a stressful 5 test tour. Imagine if we cop another 1-4, how mentally cooked kohli, rohit and bumrah will be right before the world cup? 

On 11/21/2020 at 10:07 AM, Austin 3:!6 said:

Indian team will play last 2 tests at Australia in Jan 2021.

After returning from Australia, India have the following jam packed iteniary for year 2021:

1) England tour of India (February- March) - 4 Tests, 4 ODIs and 4 T20Is.

2) IPL (March - May)

3) India tour of SL (June) - 3ODIs and 5 T20Is

4) Asia Cup T20s (June - July)

5) India tour of Zimbabwe (July) - 3 ODIs

6) India tour of England (July - September) - 5 Tests.

7) South Africa tour of India (October) - 3 ODIs and 5 T20Is.

8) T20 World Cup (October - November)

9) NZ tour of India (November) - 2 Tests and 3 T20Is

10) India tour of South Africa (December) - 3 Tests and 3 T20Is

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

good thing we got a tour of Sa in December this year.

Excellent time to play SA and get their hoodoo of our backs.

On 11/21/2020 at 2:44 AM, Gollum said:

Why 4 tests against England when we go and play 5 there? 4 ODIs, 4 T20s, you kidding me? 

it was supposed to be 5 tests at home too but Covid restrictions and protocol made it 2 venues of 2 tests each.

If covid is still rampant in July, i expect similar 2 per ground 4 test series in England too.

31 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

it was supposed to be 5 tests at home too but Covid restrictions and protocol made it 2 venues of 2 tests each.

If covid is still rampant in July, i expect similar 2 per ground 4 test series in England too.

should have made it a 6-match series then. 3 in chennai and 3 in motera. :)